• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
I looked up the previously released Snow White doll on ebay, because she's just so pretty(!), and well...she's going for over a grand. :/

I looked up the previously released Snow White doll on ebay, because she's just so pretty(!), and well...she's going for over a grand. :/

Is that BIN or completed? If it's not completed, I wouldn't believe it...someone on the Disney Store Facebook was talking about the older Snow White LE doll, and said that the BINs are *highly* inflated. I think they said they were really only going for a couple hundred, at the most.

Our local Disney Store had two Belle's left, when I purchased Cinderella today . They had two Cinderella's left after my purchase . As I'm an ebay seller, I could have done that, but I'm not like that, let someone that wants them, have them .

I only saw 3 listings, they were BIN. Couple hundred is still a little much for a doll. But what room do I have to say that? I spend a few hundred on one pin!

Yes, we do ship to other states . If anyone wants a Belle or Cinderella , PM me and I will give you our store's number .
Rockaway Mall has a few Cinderellas too , but no Belle's . I never even got to see Ariel except for pictures here .
Mae Blum, yes the journals do come with pens .
May have missed her freckles in the movie, lunar, but still , they could have made her look more like Rapunzel than she does . I might buy one just to put on ebay for the Christmas holiday and start her at $60.00 . But definitely not getting one to keep .
I got Cinderella, Belle and getting Jasmine . Now I need Cinderellas pin and I'm GooD ! :lol:

Last edited:
Is anybody else absolutely so blown away at the prices that these dolls are selling for on ebay?! Belle has already reached $300, and Ariel is pushing $400. :eek2: And most of us thought there would be no value in them due to the high edition sizes!

Okay, so now I have collected these dolls. Got Belle but I want Ariel now! If anyone sees her please pick her up for me if you could be so kind. Or please put her on hold and forward me the number of the store so I can have her shipped from there.
Thanks everyone!

Is anybody else absolutely so blown away at the prices that these dolls are selling for on ebay?! Belle has already reached $300, and Ariel is pushing $400. :eek2: And most of us thought there would be no value in them due to the high edition sizes!

This makes me wonder about Mulan. She is LE 4000 I believe? Half the size of the previously released dolls. But she is not a very popular princess. Will she sell out quickly too and be as popular?

Belle is now Sold Out online...that was fast!

mmm... its very STRANGE... ok all the dolls is L.E. but... Belle (like Ariel and Cinderella) is a 8000 L.E.

I don't understand..but i think they should sell less dolls on the site (Disneystore)..and if the limit to purchise is 2 for client,maybe A LOT of people get 2 Belle for sell her on e-bay!!!

OMG. 400 Dollars for a doll?!?!?!?! Crazy,the people are CRAZY!

This makes me wonder about Mulan. She is LE 4000 I believe? Half the size of the previously released dolls. But she is not a very popular princess. Will she sell out quickly too and be as popular?

Mulan is already "pre-selling" for around $100. I expect it to be a lower edition size, so I'm sure it'll sell out but probably not record breaking time like Belle. Those people that have been buying them to sell on ebay and are ranking in the big bucks with Ariel and Belle I'm sure will be big buyers in each doll released, thinking that they will ALL be popular. If Belle and Ariel raised in value that fast, I'm almost scared to see what Rapunzel will be going for after she's released...

They have become so much more popular than I ever expected. I AM glad that I got all 3 that have come out thus far though as I would have hated to want them and have to see them up at these prices. WOW! I do wish I had bought a mug and now they are sold out. I am sending dh to the DS by his job after he gets off today to see if they have any dolls left or any mugs. Hope he is able to find something. The one that is closer to here that I get mine from only had one Cindy left as of yesterday but no mugs or other dolls. I was not planning to get Mulan but after seeing just how popular these are I am wondering if I will regret that later on. Hmm...

I can not get over the ebay prices. It is insane!!

I'm almost scared to see what Rapunzel will be going for after she's released...

I am scared too... Ariel is the most loved princess (so Belle) ... if you search on flikr or other sites Ariel is the doll with more comments or views... but yes...Rapunzel is the last princess and is beautiful... i wish just her...i love her....
Mulan and ALL the others dolls WILL BE SOLD OUT....They are very popular and famosu NOW!!!
I think all the dolls sold out monday or tuesday...

I hope i get the monday she came out.. And if she came out with 4000 LE size??????????
:anxious::shock:

On the one hand, as a collector, it is comforting that the dolls potentially could be good investement opportunities, but on the other hand there are a couple of things to keep in mind about this sudden spike in "eBay pricing":
1.) It creates a very nasty competitive atmosphere for anyone who actually only wants to obtain the dolls for their own collections (who was unable to buy them at retail price direct from Disney), because the people who are looking to only turn a profit will be buying them en masse, reducing opportunities for the true collectors to buy the dolls at their original retail price. This point bothers me a lot, because I think that people who really want to appreciate owning an item should not be subject to paying hundreds of dollars more for it, just because the item sold out before they could get one.
2.) These initial price hikes are not necessarily indicative that the value will stay at those levels in the future, since these particular eBay sellers are currently cashing in on the more limited availability of the dolls that they themselves are creating. It is possible that a few months down the road, when more people who actually want the dolls for their private collections actually have them, that no one will be buying the dolls for these skyrocketed prices. There has to be a constant demand for the dolls in order for someone to continue demanding a high price for them. I've been collecting dolls for about 10 years now, and I have seen trends where a doll's price initially rocketed and then sank down and stayed at a level that was higher than the original retail price, but way lower than the "mad rush" prices it was demanding before.
3.) Keep an eye out online for the dolls to potentially reappear for sale by Disneystore.com in the future. Since Disney has sent out second shipments of Cinderella and Ariel to the retail stores, they may just have put "sold out" online and removed the visibility of the item just so they don't oversell online. Many of the 110 Legacy Collection Pins magically reappeared last week after having been removed before, and each of those pins has a limited edition size of 250 only.

At any rate, I hope everyone here is able to get the dolls from this collection that they want!

Yeah, this is old news...it happens to all collectibles, and to us, specifically, all the time (see: princess pin set or Jessica Screen Legends set).

We're pretty well-versed in Collectibles 101 around here

I have to say I'm a little surprised that this many people are turning to eBay this quickly for edition sizes this big, though...that's weird.

I have to say I'm a little surprised that this many people are turning to eBay this quickly for edition sizes this big, though...that's weird.

I was told that each store gets 24-26 dolls, not sure if it is true. If re-sellers are purchasing them by doubles, they would be gone within minutes. One CM in my local store said Monday morning store openings are crazy.

Once it is sold out on-line, where else can people go other than Ebay?? And now, every body got the idea and jumped on that train. Moreover, people who buy in doubles in stores would also be buying on-line I assume.

I have seen a guy on Ebay sell at least 10 Mother Gothel dolls before. He recently sold Snow White for $685 auction style. It is so lucrative.

I am guessing that the doll market is much bigger than the pin market. Dolls are a bit more tangible maybe?

that's actually pretty typical for that doll. She regularly sells for $700- $1000 and I have also seen one sell for $1,500 and another for $2,000. Retail price was $99 and she came with the Snow White DVD, she was released October 2009. She was on display at Expo 2009 along with Tiana otherwise I probably would have never paid any attention to them.

I am wondering if there are still yet to be more of the 1st 3 dolls to be delivered to stores as when I talked to a couple of store managers they said that they got more Cinderella shipments in late last week. I could see at least the stores in larger cities perhaps getting more, it would explain why there is such a demand for Ariel if not all 8,000 have been sold by Disney yet. But who knows?

The doll collector market is rather vast. I have been a doll collector for 10 years and I only started collecting Disney pins last year, despite being a Disney fan for all of my life. Dolls do have the added appeal of being 3 dimensional with fabrics and hair that can be rearranged and styled to one's tastes (assuming they are taken out of the box). Dolls also have a longer history of collectors (think about antique porcelain dolls). For collectibles sellers, dolls can indeed be lucrative if one is good at predicting what will be in high demand. I agree that some of these sellers on eBay are probably placing numerous online orders for 2 dolls/order to horde them for eventual sale.

Just now, I got done calling all stores in TX looking for Belle - does anyone have an extra Belle by any chance?

Several stores told me that they got a shipment of Cindi last week (maybe because she sold slower on-line) but this morning they also got a notice saying that there won't be any more Belle or Ariel shipments. My local store got only 3 Belle's this morning and they were snatched within mins too. I think sometimes along with the new release dolls, they get few of the older ones as well.

One store in Houston told me this: A woman comes and buys 2 dolls at opening. She goes back and puts them in her car, waits like 10 mins so there are more CMs working at the register. Then she comes back to get 2 more. The CMs all knew that, but nobody called her out.

That's so not fair. She shouldn't be allowed to do that... That seriously irks me >=/

Got my hands on an extra Belle! I want to trade her for an Ariel if anyone has an extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.