• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
Bah! I tried not to order these princess dolls and now I have purchased Belle! Where am I going to put all of these pins and now dolls? This is getting ridiculous... :io:

Ummmmmmmm I want this doll badly now. :( I was actually happy that the other dolls were so butt ugly that I knew I wouldn't want any of them. But this is the nicest looking one of that set I would actually want. Bahhhhh. Who has their hands on this doll?

That's a cool Queen of Hearts doll!

The Queen of Hearts doll is part of the LE boxed dolls. There are now 9 in that series that have been released so far since 2009.

The Queen of Hearts doll is part of the LE boxed dolls. There are now 9 in that series that have been released so far since 2009.

Thanks for that! Do you know where one can see the previously released dolls?

The QOH is not part of the new Princess Designer collection - she is part of another doll type collection but they have a lower edition size.

She is GORGEOUS in person and worth every penny in my opinion. Yes I like AIW so I am partial, but she is beautiful!!!

A must have for doll collectors or AIW collectors. There was a Alice In Wonderland also but I did not care for her, so I just bought the Queen.

Dana :)

I think next week is Mulan. There are already pre-sales on Ebay.

I broke down and got Ariel today, my local shop got a fresh shipment this morning :)

How much is the QOH? If anyone has her and is willing to give me a fair price that won't wipe out my bank account that would epic.

The QOH is not part of the new Princess Designer collection - she is part of another doll type collection but they have a lower edition size.

She is GORGEOUS in person and worth every penny in my opinion. Yes I like AIW so I am partial, but she is beautiful!!!

A must have for doll collectors or AIW collectors. There was a Alice In Wonderland also but I did not care for her, so I just bought the Queen.

Dana :)

My DH took me to the mall that my friend now manages . The place was HUGE , compared to our malls . 30 minutes more and we had been in NYC . I bought Belle today along with the designer purse clutch, which is beautiful . I think Belle is absolutely gorgeous . I received my Belle pin Saturday, how perfect !
Mulan is definitely the doll release for next week . Thank God !
Now after seeing Rapunzel, forget it , she does not even look likle Rapunzel , She has freckles , her hair isn't right and her eyelashes are way longer than all the others . If I want a Rapunzel doll, I'll buy the DS Barbie . Even my friend, which loves Rapunzel , said I'm not getting her now, she's ugly . I agree !!! So, thankfully I know longer have to worry about getting that pin . Everything works out for a reason .
However , DH fell in love with Cinderella and they got more of her in, after it was noted the stores wouldn't receive more once sold out . So, I don't think she's going anywhere, anytime soon . And the price on her pin has come down .
I have my Jasmine pin and my friend knows to hold one once available .
There were loads of journals, biut I didn't bother . I decided to add another $10.00 and order the Tee Shirt online .
No cups available, but will be in by the holidays .

Now after seeing Rapunzel, forget it , she does not even look likle Rapunzel , She has freckles , her hair isn't right and her eyelashes are way longer than all the others .

My daughter has the Rapunzel doll that came out last year and she has freckles too, but she came for $10.00 and looks really cute, so we don't mind of course.

I know everybody is gaga over even Rapunzel's p..p and I do not mean to offend anyone, but I do not get it. IMO, the pin and the doll look pale and bland except the frilly corset in her mid section. They could not capture the vibrant & wide eyed girl that made the movie a hit.

I agree with you MerryWeather . The corset gown is gorgeous , but the doll and from what I have seen from the pictures of the Raunzel pins, I thought she looked pale and she really is . They could have put flowers in her hair too . It's braided a little at the top, but then just long and stringy and not those nice Rosey cheeks like in the pictures . She just is not as pretty as the artists could have made her . I didn't realize she had freckles, but I'm telling you , I'm in love with the Rapunzel DS babie . So, I'm getting one of those instead . Now when the Rapunzel mugs come in , I'm having my friend save me one .
The journals are pretty on the cover, but nothing special on the paper itself for $20.00 . IMHO

Hi all!

The Disney Princess Designer Collection has caused a wave of madness, hasn't it? From the limited pin sets from the D23 Expo, to the Monday Mall Madness to just buy one of the dolls (I order mine online promptly at 12:30 am PDT every Monday), to the odd rarity of the mugs, to the mysterious disappearance of the Snow White Compact Mirror (was it ever really available?), I have to say that I am very saddened by Disney's marketing approach to this collection. The night of the pin set release (August 19th), when I saw the first pins & pin sets starting to be posted on eBay, I resigned myself to the fact that I could not get the whole set and that I could only afford to buy a couple of my favorites. So I did get the pins for my top 2 favorite princesses: Snow White and Rapunzel (at relatively "decent" prices compared to what many of the pins have been selling for), and I have to agree with Merryweather and Tink that the Rapunzel pin is indeed rather washed out in terms of color. The Snow White pin, by contrast, is every bit as lovely as the design sketch, but Rapunzel's pin is lacking. The errors lie in the pale flat skin tone color they chose and that they colored her lips pink (most of the other princesses have lip outlines using the metal base material for a darker contrasting look). Add that with the pale pink color of her dress, and the pin literally pales in comparison to the design sketch.

As for the Rapunzel Designer Doll, I am totally on the fence with her in terms of liking her or not. I know that I will still buy her, because I am collecting the whole doll set, but she looks way too smug for my comfort. I like her dress, though. My mom was horrified when she saw the Rapunzel doll in person on display at the store, likening her to a human form of the Princess Esmarelda character in the Goofy short Knight for a Day (does anyone remember that one?). So far, I have not been pleased with any of the Rapunzel dolls that have been released to date: they are ok, but not great, because they bear only a general likeness to the actual character. It's odd, considering that Tangled was made using 3-D computer graphics.

Now, I don't want anyone to think that I am picking on poor Rapunzel, because she is my second favorite princess, and I love her to death, but I do think that Disney did her an injustice with the pin and doll, which with minor adjustments they could have been made even better. I did buy the Rapunzel journal, which I am almost considering using as a WDW character autograph book when I go there in October. I also want a Rapunzel mug (but I don't want to pay eBay prices for that-the last one sold with a final bidding price of $76!). It is my intention to get all of the non-clothing/makeup Snow White products, as well. So far, I have the Snow White pin, notecards, journal, and mug -- just waiting on the doll and the compact mirror.

Happy collecting!

Wow, I like those previously released dolls...I wonder how I missed those...

Anyhoo, I got my Ariel today...I like her a lot! I still maintain that the heads are slightly too big, but everything else, from the design to the packaging (best packaging I've ever had on a collectible, actually), I like!

It makes me sad to hear Cinderella is sold out...I was really hoping to see some of the less popular gals on sale later, so I could spread my purchases out a little.

I went to the Florida mall in Orlando last Friday just planning on seeing what non-doll merchandise they had left for this collection (only had one Snow White journal that was missing it's pen and one Pocahontas mug!) and ended up getting an Ariel doll for my sister's birthday. She is definitely the prettiest of the collection (in my opinion :)) and I now regret not getting one for myself as well. I really underestimated this collection...I thought the edition sizes were so high they would not be as sought after...but I was definitely wrong!

I went back to the Disney Store today and they were out of Ariels but still had a few Cinderellas and Belle so I got one of each. The dolls are definitely prettier in person and I might get the Snow White and Rapunzel as well. I keep telling myself I don't collect dolls but I am strangely obsessed with these LOL.

Also...does anyone know if the Disney Stores will ship things to you? For instance...if I happened to call a store in a different state and they still had an Ariel doll would they ship it to me? Has anyone done this before and how much does it cost?

OR if anyone happened to pick up an extra Ariel and would like to trade it for a Cinderella or Belle (or sell me the Ariel) let me know! :)

Wow! No kidding! The Designer Belle doll has now set a record for selling out the fastest of the 3 released so far! Unfortunately, I'd hazard a guess that enterprising individuals who are planning to sell on eBay are placing a bunch of orders, ruining it for people who actually are collecting. This is a little worrysome for the rest of the dolls which have been predicted to be smaller edition sizes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back