• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
Sold out within 5 minutes of being released at the ONLY store in Las Vegas to carry them- safe to say I'm only going to be at the opening for Pocahontas and Rapunzel, since they mean the most to me.

Well, since they said we should line up before the store opens to get the dolls I made sure I was up, ready, dropping the kids off at school and out at the DS nice and early (walked into the mall at 9:20 and they opened at 10am). I walk in and nobody is there. No stores are open yet and the only people there are the mall walkers (wish I lived closer to the mall so I could do this myself every morning). I parked myself by the DS and waited... and waited...and waited some more til I finally saw two cm's come through with Chick-fil-a for breakfast. They go in and head to the back closing the gate behind them. So, I wait some more. I watch more mall walkers and wonder if 10am will ever come around. Finally somebody shows up to join me. A young guy who was buying them for his mother. We chatted for a bit and they finally opened the gate to let us in. One person came in while I was there and bought one so only 3 including mine were sold just after opening. I wondered WHY I rushed to the mall for this big line that they were supposed to have. They had a lot of the other merchandise as well from the designer line. There were some really cool things. Also saw that they released the Lion King vinyls today. I managed to walk out with just my doll even though there were other things I wanted. ;)

So... Belle next week, Mulan the week after. I am still undecided on Mulan. I am SOO ready for Snow White. It really is the prettiest in person. Love it!

OK, so I'm looking on the bay and see that people are already trying to sell the dolls for $90+. Have these sold out in stores already?

And there was a special Silver edition Cinderella sold only at D23?

Lithographs of the designer dolls too at D23?

Yes, there was a Cinderella Silver edition LE 250 and sold out at D23 on Friday. The Lithos were a gift with purchase at D23 - you were given a complete set if you bought the pre-sell of the complete Designer Doll set on Friday. You were also given a single random litho if you bought one of the 24 regular Cinderalla dolls that were made available on Saturday (early release) at the Expo. Saturday the designers were signing autographs at the Expo.

So, will these dolls, like some Barbies, drop in price after a few years? I have about 20+ barbies that are worth less than 1/2 what I paid for them :p

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am new here,but glad I found this fourm!

I am in love with the Rapunzel doll and now the Ariel doll! I so wish the Rapunzel doll came out on sept.5 as that is my birthday and that would have been
awesome! I just wish I knew when she will be out, guess I will be checking every monday until I get her!

Hello everyone! I am new here,but glad I found this fourm!

I am in love with the Rapunzel doll and now the Ariel doll! I so wish the Rapunzel doll came out on sept.5 as that is my birthday and that would have been
awesome! I just wish I knew when she will be out, guess I will be checking every monday until I get her!

Welcome TangledFan! :wavey: Hope you get Rapunzel! :D

I'm glad I'm a seasonal CM and have such a good manager friend . I pick up my Belle, designer princess change purse and Belle journal Monday . Maybe Santa will bring me the pin since I'm not getting her any other way .
Tangledfan ~ welcome to the forum ~ Happy Birthday ~ and hope you get your Rapunzel doll .

Just wondered whether you guys think these dolls are worth the money? I've got Cinderella and Ariel, btu I'm starting to regret getting them as it's a huge amount of money, £55 including delivery, (which is about $88). If they were doing them every other week or 1 per month it wouldn't be so bad. I'm jsut not convinced that I should carry on getting them.

that said I do love the 2 that I've got and I don't even like Cinderella or Ariel! lol Just need to decide what to do before the next one comes out.

If they had cost as much in teh US as they're costing over here, would you still have bought them?

Tanya,

I don't know yet...I'm still waiting on Ariel (in fact, I'm still waiting on my shipping notification...come on, ds.com, don't screw me over).

I do know that I would only buy the ones I'm really in love with at this time, and looking at the numbers, I *do* believe they'll eventually go clearance. I'd have to see a doll in person before I can say if they're worth it, though...

I wish it had been Tiana and Rapunzel (or Snow White) that had been released first. They're the main 3 that I would've liked (also rather like Belle too). would've been easier to stop. It's such a huge amount of money and I don't feel like they're worth it. One of the Cinderella's sold for £48 recently, which is less than it costs here to buy 1!

I think I've pretty much decided not to get any more at all, not even the rapunzel. I wish I hadn't started. It doesn't help that I've got the vinylmation bug at the moment, and by getting the dolls I'm in the position where I can't buy anything else. In the run up to Halloween, which is my favourite time of the year (in general and with Disney stuff) I can't help feeling i'd be a bit silly to spend so much money in the space of 10 weeks on some dolls.

Hi to everyone! I am new in this forum but for weeks i see this post...

I LOVE this collection!! Its gorgeous!

Just for me:
1) Rapunzel (The pale pink delicate and sweet dress,the long and beautiful hair and the sweet face...big green eyes...its perfect! Plus, i love the mirror! She is so...feminine and delicate!! I NEED and i WILL BUY her. YES. :drool: I hope she came out later...so i have the money and buy at disney store.com. :anxious: I NEED I NEED HER :eek2:)
2) Ariel (Gorgeous dress...all wavy aquamarine-color and long long hair...maybe just too long and silk for Ariel..but...its great!!)
3) Belle (She be second if the dress not...GOLD! I know..i know.. she has gold dress in the movie..but i hate yellow-gold-brown shapes... but the dress is beautiful...maybe the first of all...but the face...its rigid and "strange" for Belle...i love the rose she holding..)
4) Mulan (Gorgeous color for the dress...sweet hot pink...and "kimono" form... i like the flowers in the hair but i dont like the hair!! Maybe she still have long sleek hair and not like that...but she is great!!Nice make-up! Maybe she will be 4000 LE.)
5) Cinderella ( Beautiful dress....its classy! Beautiful face...she remind me of Marylin Monroe but in pale blue! The only things not great is the black necklace -if is crystal...- and the hair...the same desing of the movie...mah)
6) Pocahontas (Gorgeous face and dress... i dont love the brown color but on her is great! Nice hair and detalis..very good...she must be 4000 LE)
7) Tiana (I LOVE THE KISSING FROG! SO ROMANTIC!!!! And the face is cool too!! The dress is ok and the color is nice! I dont like her but is a very beauty! Maybe she will be 4000 LE -or not,the movie is recent.)
8) Yasmin (Great detail dress... beautiful color and beautiful long hair..maybe they can change the style but..its ok. I dont like her face...is...scary...i dont know... she must be a LE 8000 (Aladdin is famous) but...maybe...)
9) Aurora (Nothing to special... i dont like the HAIR!!! Why their beautiful long blond hair getting in this style??? And the dress? Hot pink? Again??? Shes prettiest in blue dress...and is IDENTICAL at the movie's dress!)
10) Snow White (I HATE HER FACE AND DRESS.. A gentle soul like snow white DONT HAVE RED BIG LIPS!!! And the dress...like a ****...mah)

:D i hope you get your favourites!!!!

Just wondered whether you guys think these dolls are worth the money? I've got Cinderella and Ariel, btu I'm starting to regret getting them as it's a huge amount of money, £55 including delivery, (which is about $88). If they were doing them every other week or 1 per month it wouldn't be so bad. I'm jsut not convinced that I should carry on getting them.

that said I do love the 2 that I've got and I don't even like Cinderella or Ariel! lol Just need to decide what to do before the next one comes out.

If they had cost as much in teh US as they're costing over here, would you still have bought them?

I have been going back and fourth on this SO MUCH and I am not even having to spend as much as you are on them. At $88 I don't think I would be buying any... well maybe 1 or 2 faves but I think even the $63 I am spending is really pushing what I want to spend on them (actually I guess I am over $63 b/c of the gas to drive out of town each week to the DS). I mean they are very nice and I love the fact that they come in the nice cases (that alone made me decide to get my faves). I am just wondering if this is just too much for them though being such a high le. I feel like they will never hold any value at an le8000. That being said I do love my Cindy and Ariel and I really want to get Snow White, Belle and Rapunzel but I question every day if I really SHOULD get them...lol I have not bought any of the other items though as I just can not imagine putting more into this stuff than I already have/will with the dolls and pins. EEK!! Darn Disney making stuff I love! ;)

I tried to refrain from buying the dolls and failed miserably. I now have both Cinderella dolls and Ariel. I just can't help myself. They are so pretty.

Do you get 10% off as a Disney Visa cardmember? That would be enough to pay for tax, but if you bought them online and added one or two items you wanted, you could probably qualify for free shipping!

I'm glad I'm a seasonal CM and have such a good manager friend . I pick up my Belle, designer princess change purse and Belle journal Monday . Maybe Santa will bring me the pin since I'm not getting her any other way .
Tangledfan ~ welcome to the forum ~ Happy Birthday ~ and hope you get your Rapunzel doll .

Hi and thank you! It's killing me to have to wait for her! LOL

Hi to everyone! I am new in this forum but for weeks i see this post...

I LOVE this collection!! Its gorgeous!

Just for me:
1) Rapunzel (The pale pink delicate and sweet dress,the long and beautiful hair and the sweet face...big green eyes...its perfect! Plus, i love the mirror! She is so...feminine and delicate!! I NEED and i WILL BUY her. YES. :drool: I hope she came out later...so i have the money and buy at disney store.com. :anxious: I NEED I NEED HER :eek2:)
:D i hope you get your favourites!!!!

If I had to guess, I would say Rapunzel should come out either the last week of September or first week in October - right around the time she is inducted into the group of Disney Princesses (Oct 2 at Kensington Palace, London)

I have been going back and fourth on this SO MUCH and I am not even having to spend as much as you are on them. At $88 I don't think I would be buying any... well maybe 1 or 2 faves but I think even the $63 I am spending is really pushing what I want to spend on them (actually I guess I am over $63 b/c of the gas to drive out of town each week to the DS). I mean they are very nice and I love the fact that they come in the nice cases (that alone made me decide to get my faves). I am just wondering if this is just too much for them though being such a high le. I feel like they will never hold any value at an le8000. That being said I do love my Cindy and Ariel and I really want to get Snow White, Belle and Rapunzel but I question every day if I really SHOULD get them...lol I have not bought any of the other items though as I just can not imagine putting more into this stuff than I already have/will with the dolls and pins. EEK!! Darn Disney making stuff I love! ;)

Well, I plunked down $660 for the D23 Expo pre-sell set of 10 just to get the GWP set of Lithos :crazy:

Just a heads up for everyone ordering these online...When my girlfriend went into our Disney store and found out they were sold out of Ariel, they gave her a coupon for free shipping off of Disneystore.com

If I had to guess, I would say Rapunzel should come out either the last week of September or first week in October - right around the time she is inducted into the group of Disney Princesses (Oct 2 at Kensington Palace, London)

Yes i think the same thing.. probably the 3th October,after the event,...in that case she sold out fast :D but i am ready to get her in that day... she probably came out in these days... i hope!! :anxious:

Yes i think the same thing.. probably the 3th October,after the event,...in that case she sold out fast :D but i am ready to get her in that day... she probably came out in these days... i hope!! :anxious:

Keep coming back and reading the posts ... sometimes we're able to give everyone a heads up a day or two early :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back