• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
someone mentioned that Disney Store posted the list of stores that would be carrying the dolls does anybody have that list - I am not very good at finding things on facebook

eta: nevermind I found it

Last edited:
Which store in Houston? Was it the Galleria store, the Willow Brook store or the Woodlands store (I'm not driving to the Woodlands too far).
I would not mind going there this next Monday just to call her out! I went there last week to get a doll and there where no dolls at all. In fact not much merchandise at all, the store at the Galleria is rather sucky.

One store in Houston told me this: A woman comes and buys 2 dolls at opening. She goes back and puts them in her car, waits like 10 mins so there are more CMs working at the register. Then she comes back to get 2 more. The CMs all knew that, but nobody called her out.

One store in Houston told me this: A woman comes and buys 2 dolls at opening. She goes back and puts them in her car, waits like 10 mins so there are more CMs working at the register. Then she comes back to get 2 more. The CMs all knew that, but nobody called her out.

I wonder if the stores should start having only one cast member (or the manager) ringing up the dolls on release days at a designated register to avoid this kind of shady behavior? If the stores are receiving only about 14 dolls of the new dolls on release day, it should not be difficult for a cast member to remember the 7-14 people who make doll purchases. Given the limited availability of the dolls, a limit of 2 dolls per buyer per day should be enforced.

By the way, the general consensus is that Mulan is to be released next Monday, but has anyone heard any rumors about the following weeks?

Liana, yesterday I called all stores in TX looking for a Belle doll (trying to help a friend). Actually, Galleria had 3 Belle's but they refused to ship :( So, it must be another one. I think the area code was 281 if this helps at all.

Luckily, and with our dear Judy's help, we were able to secure a Belle for my friend.

Last edited:
I was told that each store gets 24-26 dolls, not sure if it is true. If re-sellers are purchasing them by doubles, they would be gone within minutes. One CM in my local store said Monday morning store openings are crazy.

Once it is sold out on-line, where else can people go other than Ebay?? And now, every body got the idea and jumped on that train. Moreover, people who buy in doubles in stores would also be buying on-line I assume.

I have seen a guy on Ebay sell at least 10 Mother Gothel dolls before. He recently sold Snow White for $685 auction style. It is so lucrative.

I am guessing that the doll market is much bigger than the pin market. Dolls are a bit more tangible maybe?

My local store got 16 for the LE 8000 dolls and it is one of the busier SoCal stores. There is no way each store could get 24+ dolls, there are like 500 disney stores in the US alone. I've seen posts that stores have gotten as few as 3 dolls. With the lower edition dolls coming, I expect each store will get ratioed down ... so for my store that got 16 for the LE8000, they would get 12 for the LE6000 and 8 for the LE4000.

The CMs in our local store are so sweet, but maybe the young lady I talked to was mis-informed then. She also told me that all have the same edition size (??) She was not aware of any lesser editions. We will find out next Mon when Mulan gets released.

*edited to remove name* said:

In fact, I have met SEVERAL people who are buying the dolls for their kids...........WHAT? It's an ADULT'S TOY. NOT a kids toy.

Sorry for my rambling and ranting........Just...ugh! Sharks and people buying them to stow them away? I have mines right here on my desk next to me :x

Well, sorry, but it is completely unfair for you to make that statement. If I want to buy something for my child to play with or display in her room, then I will. I work very hard (and I mean very hard- outside in the FL heat on my feet the entire 8 hours straight) for my money and I will spend it how I choose. I am also buying an extra to "stow away." She only asked for one of the dolls(Rapunzel) out of the ten and I love to make her happy, so that is what I am going to do.

I do not mean to be rude in any way, shape, or form, but it is unfair for you to judge someone's use of something that they are paying for. I agree that reselling stinks, but it isn't very nice to complain about someone giving something to their child.

Last edited:
I agree with you. No one should be telling others how to spend their hard earned money. I get so upset when people tell me that I shouldn't be buying pins or anything else. My money I will spend it on pins as a reward to myself for working so hard for them. If the child is well behaved and deserves what they are asking for then it is the parent's right to take into consideration and purchase what the child has asked for.

Well, sorry, but it is completely unfair for you to make that statement. If I want to buy something for my child to play with or display in her room, then I will. I work very hard (and I mean very hard- outside in the FL heat on my feet the entire 8 hours straight) for my money and I will spend it how I choose. I am also buying an extra to "stow away." She only asked for one of the dolls(Rapunzel) out of the ten and I love to make her happy, so that is what I am going to do.

I do not mean to be rude in any way, shape, or form, but it is unfair for you to judge someone's use of something that they are paying for. I agree that reselling stinks, but it isn't very nice to complain about someone giving something to their child.

In fact, I have met SEVERAL people who are buying the dolls for their kids...........WHAT? It's an ADULT'S TOY. NOT a kids toy.

Sorry for my rambling and ranting........Just...ugh! Sharks and people buying them to stow them away? I have mines right here on my desk next to me :x

Who are you to say that only adults are allowed to have them? It's just as judgmental as when people say adults shouldn't collect dolls because they're for children. If someone wants to give their child one of these dolls, there's no harm in that. As a child, I had collector edition Barbie dolls. And you know what? They're still in pristine condition, because I was very careful with them and I knew my mom paid a lot for them. Not every child will destroy their doll. A lot of them will love & cherish them. It's just a thing anyway. Things are meant to be enjoyed, in my opinion.

And just because someone stows their doll away doesn't mean they don't appreciate it or enjoy it any less than you do your doll. It just means that they have a different way of appreciating it.

To stow a doll away or to play with it.

Ask Woody and Stinky Pete what they think about those two options...

Ah, I am so excited my best friend revealed to me today that she will be buying me Rapunzel for my birthday present! :D

Ah, I am so excited my best friend revealed to me today that she will be buying me Rapunzel for my birthday present! :D
Congrats Tales!! I'm so happy to hear that you're getting the doll you want :3

Edit: I'm not going to be able to go to my DS this week....car trouble :( Hoping I can get my Mulan online--- How do the sharks know which doll comes out every week anyways?

Last edited:

Congrats Tales!! I'm so happy to hear that you're getting the doll you want :3

Edit: I'm not going to be able to go to my DS this week....car trouble :( Hoping I can get my Mulan online--- How do the sharks know which doll comes out every week anyways?

To be honest, I don't think that the "sharks" really know any more than what we do. From the time of Cinderella's release, some CMs are rumored to have revealed that Ariel was next, followed by Belle, and then Mulan. I think that the "sharks" have just been following forums like ours for information. Also, around the time when Cinderella was released, some people on eBay were posting pre-sales of all of the remaining dolls, using pictures they took of the display dolls in the retail stores (and as I recall, no one bought them - they were being posted for $125 each with, of course, no confirmed release date). Presently on eBay, only Mulan is being listed for pre-sale, since the forums all seem to agree that she is indeed to be released next Monday.

Having said that, for all we know, the one of the "sharks" may actually work for Disney. Corporate Disney has to know the order of the princess doll distribution, so who knows?

To be honest, I don't think that the "sharks" really know any more than what we do. From the time of Cinderella's release, some CMs are rumored to have revealed that Ariel was next, followed by Belle, and then Mulan. I think that the "sharks" have just been following forums like ours for information. Also, around the time when Cinderella was released, some people on eBay were posting pre-sales of all of the remaining dolls, using pictures they took of the display dolls in the retail stores (and as I recall, no one bought them - they were being posted for $125 each with, of course, no confirmed release date). Presently on eBay, only Mulan is being listed for pre-sale, since the forums all seem to agree that she is indeed to be released next Monday.

Having said that, for all we know, the one of the "sharks" may actually work for Disney. Corporate Disney has to know the order of the princess doll distribution, so who knows?

Very Insightful Shiva! I enjoyed your reply very much. It's kind of sad if the sharks get their info from our forum, and see that we're outraged by their price gouging.

Why 6000? I thought it was supposed to be 4000 or 8000...this is weird!!!!!!!! I still personally think edition size should be higher for all the marketing they did to add the hype to this set. OFC some will disagree- that it's cooler to have something with a lesser edition size, but my opinion is that the more the merrier!

Why 6000? I thought it was supposed to be 4000 or 8000...this is weird!!!!!!!! I still personally think edition size should be higher for all the marketing they did to add the hype to this set. OFC some will disagree- that it's cooler to have something with a lesser edition size, but my opinion is that the more the merrier!

I quote with you (again :D) ... Mulan will be 6000 L.E.? mmm I think just Pocahontas will be a 4000 LE... Must of this dolls will be 8000 L.E. (maybe Jasmine and Tiana and (for marketing) Rapunzel will be 6000 again)... but... who knows? Maybe all the other dolls will be 4000 L.E. :D ........ :shock:

........ will have a war for every single doll with less L.E. size.............. :shock:

I quote with you (again :D) ... Mulan will be 6000 L.E.? mmm I think just Pocahontas will be a 4000 LE... Must of this dolls will be 8000 L.E. (maybe Jasmine and Tiana and (for marketing) Rapunzel will be 6000 again)... but... who knows? Maybe all the other dolls will be 4000 L.E. :D ........ :shock:

........ will have a war for every single doll with less L.E. size.............. :shock:

An earlier post on this thread had numbers they said came from the UK Disney store website:

Designer Princess: Cinderella (LE 8000)
Designer Princess: Snow White (LE 6000)
Designer Princess: Ariel (LE 8000)
Designer Princess: Belle (LE 8000)
Designer Princess: Jasmine (LE 6000)
Designer Princess: Aurora (LE 4000)
Designer Princess: Tiana (LE 4000)
Designer Princess: Mulan (LE 6000)
Designer Princess: Pocahontas (LE 4000)
Designer Princess: Rapunzel (LE 6000)

An earlier post on this thread had numbers they said came from the UK Disney store website:

Designer Princess: Cinderella (LE 8000)
Designer Princess: Snow White (LE 6000)
Designer Princess: Ariel (LE 8000)
Designer Princess: Belle (LE 8000)
Designer Princess: Jasmine (LE 6000)
Designer Princess: Aurora (LE 4000)
Designer Princess: Tiana (LE 4000)
Designer Princess: Mulan (LE 6000)
Designer Princess: Pocahontas (LE 4000)
Designer Princess: Rapunzel (LE 6000)

O my god is the real L.E. sizes??? Aurora,Tiana and Pochaontas will be 4000?? Strange because Aurora is SO popular for the people... Mulan,Snow White,Jasmine and Rapunzel in the middle... 6000 (better than 8000 :p) and the 3 came out is the more l.e. size...8000... Interesting... But... i am scared...i want Rapunzel,only HER. :shock:

I guess I missed the post where they said it was from the UK Disney store website- sorry :x Thank you for clarifying Steve.

Pochaontas will be 4000 L.E!!! I hope you get her :hsd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back