• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another cry for help.

I would love to get the LatT set (and a lot of other pins), but I would need someone to act as my "post office" (= I order the pins to his/her address, he/she sends them to me - I of course pay the shipping costs and if occasionally there's a pin he/she wants, I'll include it in my order).

I had a friend living in Texas when her husband was on a work assignment there and she helped me get a lot of pins. When she moved back to Finland wonderful Maeblom started helping me. Now she's taking a break from pins and I don't want to trouble her (although I'm sure she wouldn't mind continuing helping me).

So, if anybody is interested in helping me - this one time or even continuously - please PM me.

I get the pins with reasonable shipping prices -> my helper gets pins on me -> Disney gets more business -> they make more pins -> world economy picks up -> everybody gets a raise -> everybody has more money for pins!

Save the Finnish pin collector - save the world!

All I can say is WOW. Within minutes I already had messages from a couple of people! So I think I'm covered at the moment, and I'm so touched! Thank you so much, you guys are real troopers! You are... I'm trying to come up with something totally positive but all that comes to mind at the moment is blueberry pie and whisky.

All I can say is WOW. Within minutes I already had messages from a couple of people! So I think I'm covered at the moment, and I'm so touched! Thank you so much, you guys are real troopers! You are... I'm trying to come up with something totally positive but all that comes to mind at the moment is blueberry pie and whisky.

That's what DPF is all about <3 Helping Eachother when in need <3 <3 <3 :)

What are you talking about? You guys have been getting awesome releases!!!

I think its a case of the grass is alawys greener lol @ tyleet87! We only get releases every 2 weeks :( Have no core pins anymore, and as I mentioned the selection on the site is dire - the pins so far this year have been good, but disney UK keep messing up all the orders and have over sold the last 3 releases and either reduce peoples orders or cancel them. Its not a good way to make pin collecting more popular. I just wish there was more variety is what I'm trying to say, pins we can buy during weeks, not having to wait every 2 weeks and then possibly missing out! If anyone has any UP pins would love to trade!!! :)

I am a new collector and was wondering what the 1st tradable pin made was? i know i read that trading began in 1999-2000 but i cant find what the first pin/pins were ...anyone know?

many thanks, smurfman

When does DS.com usually update their inventory? I thought it was Monday at around 2:30 am for pins but I just saw some new park pins that weren't there when I checked Monday afternoon?

Things might change, it looks like they are mainly going to be selling park pins on DS.com now. Not sure if this means they are fazing out DS.com pins and only selling the park pins but there have not been new pins other than park releases, therefore the normal monday AM release time is probably not necessary.

:sad:
[video=youtube_share;K8E_zMLCRNg]http://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg[/video]

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

... we used to head to this thread for useful information that also hurt our wallets.

I miss those days.

I miss those days too! And staying awake waaayy past my bedtime to see what great new pins they released, now I get plenty of sleep Sunday nights.

The pin selection has been so poor this year. Wonder what happened.

I agree 100%. DS.com was one of only 2 places that regularly had Jessica pins, once that stopped last year my joy over collecting kinda fell. Jumbo Jessica As pins were/are my favorite and I was so upset when a new set was not released. I almost never check DS.com any more.

I hope things change but I'm skeptical at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back