• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Final DSF PTD is Tiana/Naveen 9.28.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final DSF PTD is Tiana/Naveen 9.28.13
oh yeah, this is so much nicer.

and my money is on this changing today ^^ which would be great, since that would probably mean a switch tomorrow too, because of the event.

Hi again, everyone.

Thanks for the quick replies to my question last night. Unfortunately, we didn't leave the hospital until about 8:30, and didn't get to DSF until 8:55. We explained our situation (at the hospital all day, not from around here, etc.), but they apologetically told us they couldn't sell us the pin. We only asked once and didn't press the matter. We didn't want to potentially get anyone in trouble and understand that rules are rules.

We weren't sure we'd be coming today, but ended up making the trek to see my boyfriend's dad again. On our way, we made a stop at DSF and my boyfriend, his little brother, and I all got Vanellope. We had fun, and I grabbed a couple napkins as souvenirs, too, lol.

We will probably be at the hospital a lot in the next few weeks, and plan to visit DSF more when we're here. I have another question--this time about parking. Where is the best place to park when visiting DSF? There is a lot right behind it, but we found out the hard way last night that it costs $20 (not timed, I guess) to park there. Today we parked in a garage that costs $2.50 for every 12 minutes. Is there any place cheaper than this to park where we won't get a ticket/towed? We don't mind walking a bit, either.

Sorry if this is not okay to ask/the wrong place to ask. Thanks again in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Hi again, everyone.

Thanks for the quick replies to my question last night. Unfortunately, we didn't leave the hospital until about 8:30, and didn't get to DSF until 8:55. We explained our situation (at the hospital all day, not from around here, etc.), but they apologetically told us they couldn't sell us the pin. We only asked once and didn't press the matter. We didn't want to potentially get anyone in trouble and understand that rules are rules.

We weren't sure we'd be coming today, but ended up making the trek to see my boyfriend's dad again. On our way, we made a stop at DSF and my boyfriend, his little brother, and I all got Vanellope. We had fun, and I grabbed a couple napkins as souvenirs, too, lol.

We will probably be at the hospital a lot in the next few weeks, and plan to visit DSF more when we're here. I have another question--this time about parking. Where is the best place to park when visiting DSF? There is a lot right behind it, but we found out the hard way last night that it costs $20 (not timed, I guess) to park there. Today we parked in a garage that costs $2.50 for every 12 minutes. Is there any place cheaper than this to park where we won't get a ticket/towed? We don't mind walking a bit, either.

Sorry if this is not okay to ask/the wrong place to ask. Thanks again in advance for any help.

i am sorry for all your hard day yesterday, the garage is actually a deal,just validate your parking today we were there for 4 hours and only paid $2 flat

Just left. There are at least 18 left in the pack in the drawer. Walked in - ordered - left. They have valilla now. Imagine a ice cream parlor with no valilla???

My best guess based on past hot charecters, and the amount on eBay and pinpics, there is anywhere between 75-125???

LE 500 - NO Like.

Just left. There are at least 18 left in the pack in the drawer. Walked in - ordered - left. They have valilla now. Imagine a ice cream parlor with no valilla???

My best guess based on past hot charecters, and the amount on eBay and pinpics, there is anywhere between 75-125???

LE 500 - NO Like.
about 200 were sold last night, i will find out how many were sold tonight when they close

Hi again, everyone.

Park in the Hollywood and Highland garage across the street from dsf (same parking as for the Dolby Theater) and validate your ticket at the machine by the dsf door. Your parking will cost $2, which isn't bad at all. Hope your bf's father is well soon.

LE 500 - NO Like.

Unfortunately, that's what so many cried about...bigger editions. I have a feeling if the larger edition size continues, the pins will be hanging around a lot longer than most will want. I liked when the edition size was 300 (I'm in FL, so no where near DSF), it keeps the pins in demand, for the most part. LE 500, eh, I'm not a fan of it.

The LE500 gives more time for more people to get the pins. Sure the aftermarket value may take a hit, but who cares. Are we in this hobby to have cool pins or to make a buck? This pin has lasted what, a day and a half? Oh NO! It is an old maid now nobody will want it. Maybe all the PTDs should be LE50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back