• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Final DSF PTD is Tiana/Naveen 9.28.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as horrible as the Sulley one recently. I like it cause of the 2 character thing plus it looks like it is a good size. I am kind of surprise it is LE 500 it's going to last for a while. Once again another PTD I need to acquire for my collection.

Just kicking myself that I didn't know about PTD when I was in Hollywood last month, I was there for a few days too and staying just down the road from the DSF! So interesting to learn about everything that goes on there

Just kicking myself that I didn't know about PTD when I was in Hollywood last month, I was there for a few days too and staying just down the road from the DSF! So interesting to learn about everything that goes on there

Tell me about it. I was in LA last year and I was only kind of into pin trading at the time, I didn't know about all the LE stuff and DSF so I didn't go until this summer. Oh well, better late than never ;)

Yeah, they could have done both separately? I'm SOOOO tired of the stupid Alice PTD's. No more AIW!?

O.K., why do you have to call AIW PTD's stupid, that is just really rude. People do collect AIW as their main collections, so we are happy for any new PTD AIW pins, and at least they are doing different characters from the movie which I LOVE!!! Bring on more AIW PTD pins.

I agree with you Sandy!
The more Alice pins, the better.
Alice power!!!
Lisa

markheardjr. I agree with you. I'm tired of Alice and NBC. We both must admit though they are what sells. I would like some change though. Ever since the year with the Alice event in DLR I am glad they have declined in doing so many of the Alice pins and began doing different characters.

DSF does a lot of characters I don't care about, especially with the PTDs, but I don't mind because there's someone out there who collects that character and it means I don't have to spend my money. I enjoy seeing characters they don't do, even if they are from a movie they do a lot.

I don't mind when they repeat movies as long as its new characters. I think the caterpillar is one of the best looking/designed ptds we've seen in awhile (IMO). I'd love to see a playing card or the walrus. I can only dream of a queen if hearts. It would be cool to see her with a 'red' painted vanilla ice cream or something like that. Happy trading. Any updates from the DSF? I think a switch this afternoon perhaps?

I'm really new to this, what's the deal with pin trader delights? How do you obtain these?
Disney Soda Fountain in Hollywood offers a Pin Traders Delight Sundae and if you buy it, you get a pin with the purchase. They have mostly been LE300 but some are LE500. I think the cost of the sundae is $12.99 - someone correct me if this is wrong - If you go there, park across the street at Hollywood and Highland and get your receipt validated so that it will only cost $2 to park. You can check out the group page on Pinpics to see the ones that have been released. Let us know if you have any other questions.

PTDs are $13.03. You can usually park on the street behind the soda fountain for free if you want to save the $2 (or if street parking sucks you can get away with parking in the In N Out lot and walking)

PTDs are $13.03. You can usually park on the street behind the soda fountain for free if you want to save the $2 (or if street parking sucks you can get away with parking in the In N Out lot and walking)
Thank you for the price correction and also parking info that I didn't know about! Is there a new PTD yet?

The PTD Tweedle remains at DSF. Wonder if it will break the 2013 record for that PTD Bashful currently holds.

If you're talking about how long it lasted, I think Daisy is the 2013 winner at 12 days. Peg was 9 days. Abu was 8. Pumbaa was 6 days. Tweedles are LE500 though, not sure why? If AIW was sooo popular it would have been gone already no?

If you're talking about how long it lasted, I think Daisy is the 2013 winner at 12 days. Peg was 9 days. Abu was 8. Pumbaa was 6 days. Tweedles are LE500 though, not sure why? If AIW was sooo popular it would have been gone already no?
Every consider that not all AIW collectors live next to soda fountain or even in southern California? Sooooo even if it's popular it isn't gonna change instantly. On side note not every ptd is gonna be a character YOU want. As you said there are a lot of Disney characters I wonder if you just personally dislike wonderland or were you complaining when they released all the different BATB PTDs too. DSF is creating sets for people who collect certain movies, you don't like the ptd don't buy it. You don't enjoy the character state it once and that's it.

Every consider that not all AIW collectors live next to soda fountain or even in southern California? Sooooo even if it's popular it isn't gonna change instantly. On side note not every ptd is gonna be a character YOU want. As you said there are a lot of Disney characters I wonder if you just personally dislike wonderland or were you complaining when they released all the different BATB PTDs too. DSF is creating sets for people who collect certain movies, you don't like the ptd don't buy it. You don't enjoy the character state it once and that's it.

I've been saying DSF does too many AIW pins for a year before you even joined this site. Last fall they released like 12 AIW pins in 2.5 months. They need to spread it out and do some more genres. They never did these grouped PTD's by movie before. That is a new thing. I LOVE Wreck-It Ralph but honestly we didn't need another Vanellope so soon, especially with no Felix, RALPH!, Calhoun, Sour Bill, etc. AIW PTD's aren't new either, we have 2 white rabbits, 2 mad hatters, and 3 Cheshire PTD's as well as Catepillar, Alice, Tweedles now, . Yet not a single Wall-E PTD, or Ratatouille, Brave, Meet the Robinsons, and the list goes on and on. There are plenty of characters out there to do. I will buy any PTD, even if its Merbabies, but that doesn't mean I like it and I have zero qualms letting them know I'm tired of the AIW pins. You can tell them for more if you like to each their own. Think you need to chillax and not take general statements so personally or you're in for a bumpy road here. Please see the red font in my signature below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back