• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
Yay, yay, yay! I'm so getting a Mother Gothel notebook to match my Rapunzel notebook! :hsd:

That compact mirror is very pretty too! I might have to try and pick up some mugs this time around. I'm totally regretting not picking up mugs for the princesses when I had a chance :doh:

Well, naturally I'm bummed that it isn't a Designer Leading Ladies series. Was SO hoping for Jessica, but some of the Villains dolls are nice. I didn't expect them do to any male Villains but I did think they would do ten dolls. Mad Madam Mim, Medusa, Lady Tremaine and Yzma would have been awesome! And Queen of Hearts and Ursula being skinny, don't know that I like it. Fingers crossed for next year - Jessica, Tink, Sally, Alice.

I bet they'll get around to doing a leading ladies series at some point! ^_^

Not too sure about designer Princes though, don't know if I can see any male dolls happening at all.... :( We can always keep our fingers crossed! :D There's almost definitely gonna be another D23 release though <3 I can't wait! :)

Last edited:
They will need to adapt their standard male doll body if they do decide to make designer princes, otherwise they will look rather bland in the display cases!

dolls

SO wondering what the D23 Exclusive will be. Do you think it could be a different doll, maybe Lady Tremaine since Cinderella was the Ex last year. Or will it be another doll just in a different color dress? I was thinking maybe Ursula as Vanessa - same dress but on a Vanessa doll. If they even have an Ex doll this year.

The Ursula doll now looks more like the Broadway version to me:

ursula2-800x600.jpg

Though this is more like it:
6776231485_aac9603be6_z.jpg

wow this collection is looking amazing!! would someone ve willing to help me buy the mugs at cost prices if they dont do them i the UK ? i had to miss out on the princess mygs cause people wanted nearly £200 for them and i just couldnt afford it!

Don't you think the shipping & customs will be pricey? There are 6 designer villains, correct? That's $75 (pre-tax). $82.50 (post-tax since I'll just say tax is 10%). I am going out on a limb and saying that each cup weighs a minimum of 1 pound (although I think they are heavier). So, 10 pounds (let's include packaging) = $60-80 via USPS (excluding insurance unless it goes Global Express).

Hmm, never mind, that's only going to be $142.50 - 155. Much cheaper than £200. But then, what about customs fees?

I have never been crazy about Maleficent but she is beautiful as well as the Evil Queen . May have to break down and buy Snow White and or Aurora to have matches .
Oh and I forgot, I was at the Disney Store today . I use to be a CM there so I got a tip . July 30th on Facebook , they will give us the dates of each doll . One sold a week for 6 weeks . Not even guaranteed to be at my local store . May need to visit NYC for the ones I want .

Last edited:
I have never been crazy about Maleficent but she is beautiful as well as the Evil Queen . May have to break down and buy Snow White and or Aurora to have matches .
Oh and I forgot, I was at the Disney Store today . I use to be a CM there so I got a tip . July 30th on Facebook , they will give us the dates of each doll . One sold a week for 6 weeks . Not even guaranteed to be at my local store . May need to visit NYC for the ones I want .

Thanks for the heads up!

Ugh...I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go for all of them or not. Part of me wants them since I have all of the Designer Princesses, but the other part of me is not wanting to shell out all this $$$.

Don't you think the shipping & customs will be pricey? There are 6 designer villains, correct? That's $75 (pre-tax). $82.50 (post-tax since I'll just say tax is 10%). I am going out on a limb and saying that each cup weighs a minimum of 1 pound (although I think they are heavier). So, 10 pounds (let's include packaging) = $60-80 via USPS (excluding insurance unless it goes Global Express).

Hmm, never mind, that's only going to be $142.50 - 155. Much cheaper than £200. But then, what about customs fees?

This is all very true but didnt they do deals on the princess ones, like buy on get on free or half price? im sure I remember somone saying they did something like that?
Also Id take the cheapest possible shipping method, snail mail dosnt really bother me, even standard 1st class airmail still arrives well within 3 weeks. If marked as gift customes are less likely , but even if not gifted coustomes only kicks in if items values over £50, from then on fees goes up depening on value, size and weight. I dont think costomes would be much on these going by past expernice.
Anyways like you said these would still be cheaper than people were trying to sell the prinecss ones for. :)

If I had to guess, I'd say that would be the set of lithos?

Can i add to this aswell! I have only just started collecting and will definately try and get all the dolls. I will then have to persuade other half to start buying me the princess dolls

I'm glad that only a doll will be released once per week, that way for those who are only getting certain dolls out of the 6, like me, have a break from week to week to pay for each doll. I'm wondering, after they're all sold out, which doll will be the most expensive one among the others. My bets go on Maleficent or Gothel since they can be paired with a Princess and are quite popular villains. I doubt it on Queen of hearts and Ursula, since the fact that they're both skinny seemed to cause controversy among people and even make upset some fans, but lets see what happens.

i am also glad to hear that its one per week think i gave the other half a heart attack the other night wheni old him about them lol. i just hope we get enough of them here in the uk

I'm sure they'll release pins...hopefully haha but the Cruella de Vil doll looks amazing. And Maleficent. I do love Ursula but she has lost a lot of pounds...don't know how I feel about that haha

I spoke with someone earlier this week about skinny Ursula ... and she told me that if Disney had done a full figured Ursula, they would have needed to create separate body molds for her (arms, legs, torso) and another manufacturing line - increasing the cost to manufacture the doll

I'm glad that only a doll will be released once per week, that way for those who are only getting certain dolls out of the 6, like me, have a break from week to week to pay for each doll. I'm wondering, after they're all sold out, which doll will be the most expensive one among the others. My bets go on Maleficent or Gothel since they can be paired with a Princess and are quite popular villains. I doubt it on Queen of hearts and Ursula, since the fact that they're both skinny seemed to cause controversy among people and even make upset some fans, but lets see what happens.

They did the one per week with the Designer Princesses too and that turned out badly both in-store and online...fortunatly, they are doing 13,000 for each Villain doll instead of the 5,000 to 8,000 for the Princesses, so hopefully it won't be so bad :sigh:

I spoke with someone earlier this week about skinny Ursula ... and she told me that if Disney had done a full figured Ursula, they would have needed to create separate body molds for her (arms, legs, torso) and another manufacturing line - increasing the cost to manufacture the doll

I figured that was the case. It's too bad they would (or maybe could) not buy the old Mattel Ursula mould, a la Great Villains Ursula:

She would have looked amazing with that Designer gown with this body!

But would she fit in those "skinny cases" :lol:

Hahaha... definitely not! They would have had to make a special display case for her just for that, too! It all comes down to money, doesn't it? Oh well, Designer Ursula can just be Designer Morgana for me, since I have the "real" sized Ursula already. :)

Look guys, I came across with this picture on a Disney Wiki gallery:

UrsulaHot.png

Apparently this happened on a episode of those Disney Channel cartoons back in the day. The description says: "Ursula pretends to have a slender, slim (and normal) physique". So, for the doll, we know that they made her slim, because it would have been more expensive to make an exclusive body mold just for her, but they could've based her on this picture as well, as it's the first time I see an official image of a Slim Ursula. Just wanted to share :) .​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back