• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
celias90 said:
The brochure I posted about earlier.

The manager at my disney store said that the location outside the disney store would be right outside the disney store(at the entrance) and they will raffle the names of the guest and they will be able to purchase the dolls.

Ok, am I missing something? Being there on the Rapunzel release date - the worst day, I got to my DS about 4am and with her LE was able to get one. Even with her lower popularity back then, it was not really bad. The first in line was about 9pm the day prior. A line was off the property on the parking lot.

Are not these Dolls less popular than the Princesses? Are they not higher LE's, in fact double and triple?

Maybe I'm wrong and blind but I see everyone that wants one will get one? Yes eBay sellers will get theirs but there are a lot more to be purchased now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

have you guys seen the villain shoes?
http://www.shop601.com/collaborations/disney/
ry%3D400

ry%3D480

now if they would just come out with D&B Villain handbags

I agree. I just don't forsee a problem getting any of the Villain Designer dolls. I , of course, may be totally wrong in this- and it won't be the 1st time!

exactly with LE 13,000 I don't think anybody will have a problem - I mean look at the LE 17" Cinderella doll it's been on the ds.com website for awhile and it's only LE 5,000

I agree with the others here, I don't really think that there will be a huge issue getting these dolls. I think a lot of the scalpers aren;t going to take their time to go to the raffle for them, especially with how poorly their profits are with the Designer Princesses now.

I called DS Customer Service to confirm that the money for the pre-orders won't be charged until they ship, so that is certainly comforting to know. I will be attempting to get them, my only worry is whether or not they will come in poor condition. Thankfully that never happened to my designer princesses, but I still worry a bit!

May be old news but the UK is also getting the designer villain preorder! Starts Monday 20th til Sept 9th, there's a link to an info page at the very bottom of the UK site under 'coming soon'. Also lists the LE Cinderella too.

Just a word of caution: these threads are completely public, so that means that anyone and everyone could be pulling from the info we share. For big news, we might want to consider PMs?

I for one am not taking any chances. I missed getting a Rapunzel and I'm not missing these. I'll be getting up at 3 AM (EDT) to pre-order mine. My poor little pocketbook is really taking a hit next week. Dolls on Monday, RSP on Thursday - man oh man I need to win the lottery.

I got a different brochure from SF whne I was there, when I find it I'll post it..it had like art and all of the dolls in it...very pretty...

I really want Cruella...but I live so far away from a Disney store I'm pretty sad...;u;

I for one am not taking any chances. I missed getting a Rapunzel and I'm not missing these. I'll be getting up at 3 AM (EDT) to pre-order mine. My poor little pocketbook is really taking a hit next week. Dolls on Monday, RSP on Thursday - man oh man I need to win the lottery.

Your CC isn't charged until the dolls ship in October...

Although I've been on this forum for a while, I've been very quite (mostly as a busy mom & teacher I rarely have anytime to post anything). But I decided to start posting. :wavey:

I am so excited about the Designer Villains, and as the count down for pre-sale begins I'm starting to feel very nervous. During every release of the LE dolls, I get real worried (and even nightmares) that I won't get my doll and I'd hate to have to resort to re-sellers or ebay who only want to make profit! So I'm hoping to get them to match my designer dolls.

Please allow me to add that BIG THANKS to this wonderful group of collectors I have been able to find out about many DS princess play-line & LE dolls before they show up on search engines, and because of the wonderful people I was able to save money to be able to purchase my doll by the time it gets released. So I am very grateful for all the help and I hope this continues.

I too honestly believe that true collectors go through the trouble of following all the new info and future releases, and not so much resellers. Private messages means only collectors the group have known for a while can find out the info, but what about new collectors or old collectors who are new to this group? I think by making it private true collectors like me might miss out on some releases and have no choice but to head to the second market thus allowing re-sellers to profit even more, which is what everyone is probably trying to prevent. :(

I hope everyone who want to collect the designer villains will be able to get one!! <3 <3

Well I am sticking to my guns and not buying any of the Designer Villains dolls...I have no room for them and don't collect Villains...but I wish everyone luck that attempts to purchase these! :)

And everyone don't forget these dolls are all LE 13,000...so I really don't think there will be many problems with these releases. Does anyone know how many pre-orders for the entire set will be available? I feel like this could be the only thing that may "sell out" quickly, depending on how many pre-orders they are offering. If you are buying the dolls individually though, I really don't see a problem. :)

And for those going to the stores to get their dolls...let us know how the new lottery system works out! I am curious how the turnout will be, and if the lottery will even be necessary.

Good luck everyone!:daisy:

I agree that there should be no trouble getting the dolls at the stores. I was on vacation when I found out that the Cinderella pre-order was going to be on a Monday. I had been so upset about Disney releasing only 5000 . I called my store and the manager said he did not think he could do anything by phone , so stressed out for days , I was of course able to get her at 4AM online. I went to the DS two weeks after and they had not sold any of their 5 dolls. Maybe it's just summer and people are on vacation or not paying attention, but I don't see the villain dolls as a sell out in stores. I also don't see them as appealing to children as the Princesses might have been. (although I noticed a lot of people so desperate to get the Designer Princesses for their child on DS Facebook turned out to be greedy Ebay resellers). Maybe interest will be crazy again before the holidays-who knows.
I have been a doll collector for over 20 years and only a few dolls ultimately go up in value. They escalate in price right after a sell-out but then if you wait 6 months or so they settle down closer to retail. Sometimes I don't take my own advice and am always sorry later.
Good luck everyone and thank you for your posts. This had been a great year for Disney collectors.

I really hope things go smoothly for those ordering in stores. And for those ordering online I hope they have enough for all the real collectors. Few months ago we moved to a new town and the only disney store near us was closed, so my only option is online. And since buying each one separately each week does not qualify for free shipping, my best option for most savings is to pre-order online. Been saving since I found out about them and I'm keeping fingers crossed I'll get them to match my designer princesses! But I'm really nervous I get tummy aches just thinking about it! LOL :anxious:

Well, I'm only going to run 3 computers and my iphone for the dolls so I hope the website doesn't crash like last time and I'm not bringing in friends to help with the madness. Hopefully this will be a calm and peaceful 3 AM buy and I can go back to bed and rest easy.

Well I am sticking to my guns and not buying any of the Designer Villains dolls...I have no room for them and don't collect Villains...but I wish everyone luck that attempts to purchase these! :)

And everyone don't forget these dolls are all LE 13,000...so I really don't think there will be many problems with these releases. Does anyone know how many pre-orders for the entire set will be available? I feel like this could be the only thing that may "sell out" quickly, depending on how many pre-orders they are offering. If you are buying the dolls individually though, I really don't see a problem. :)

And for those going to the stores to get their dolls...let us know how the new lottery system works out! I am curious how the turnout will be, and if the lottery will even be necessary.

Good luck everyone!:daisy:

Same here! Decided I don't need them since I don't collect villains...thank goodness! Good luck to everyone who's going for them! (Although I think I'm going to try my luck at the in-store lottery for Mother Gothel...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back