• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event
"This is My Dream!" ~ A Story of a Grail... of Story's

But you know what Disney keeps telling me? Every story has a happy ending.

Docfish made sure this Story did at least =,)

attachment.php

It's possible I'm sniffling. Ha ha. THIS IS THE BEST! Congrats, Story, and huge kudos to David and Amy!

THIS is why Zap-a-palooza is so awesome. It's not about getting your own grail, it's about the joy you get from seeing other people's heartfelt pin dreams come true.

David,

Just a question for clarification. Should the zappees respond on this post or on the one in the 'Pin Zaps and Swaps' section? Or both? I'm sure others (beside me) might be a bit confused...

Awesome! Love the story! It is amazing to me how these little pieces of metal and enamel have such cool stories for each of us. Thanks for sharing yours :)

Rule #6:
You must post here after you receive your pin so that we know you have received it and so others can see what was sent out.

If you want to play again next year please post here. Feel free to post both places, but the rules do say you have to post here.

Two reasons for this, one so I don't have to hunt down where people have left messages and I can cross them off when I know they have received them, I have already done lots of hunting. Secondly we are not cluttering up the site with multiple threads.

Last edited:
Drum roll please. This is what 41 packages look like in a laundry basket
IMG_0048_zpsvtm7fjid.jpg

This is what 41 packages look like outside of the basket
IMG_0049_zpsmcyak8iu.jpg

We still have at least 3 more pins on the way to us so we have a new record at 44 grail zaps granted. Thank you to everybody who has helped make this possible. It would be a much smaller result without all of you helping!!!

I'm late to replying, but that gif pretty much summed up my reaction!:) Wow!

"This is My Dream!" ~ A Story of a Grail... of Story's

I am so, so... wow. Just... wow.

Okay. So the short tale of it is that... I was zapped by the amazing Sir Docfish2u.

attachment.php

If you came for just the short tale, then scroll through to the pictures :D

If you came for a longer tale, this one has to go back to when I started pin trading and joined pinpics...

I was introduced to pins at an early age, but my serious pin collecting didn't begin until my mom got me the fist of the Classic D DLR series with Brave Tailor Mickey calling up to Princess Minnie. (I want to say it was a 2011 series?) So I begin my pin journey shortly afterwards and searched the pinpic database for all sorts of pins. The highlights of my searches, however, had to do with Brave Little Tailor.

You see, I was and still am a Classic Mickey Cartoons fan. But none are as dear to my heart as Brave Tailor. The little guy is amazing in his given cartoon, but he impressed me even more so as being my favorite character of Disneyland's Fantasmic. His climatic "This is My Dream!" highlights everything I love about my absolute favorite show. Not to mention he's only gotten more impressive since they hired a real dragon for the show in 2009 (I mean, that's gotta take some guts for the mouse to face that every night :eek:)

So when I was searching for brave tailor pins, I came across one that just made my jaw drop. It featured Brave Little Tailor, and it was a Fantasmic! pin. No way. This was a unique occurrence since more often than not Mickey's Sorcerer counterpart usually takes all the glory for the show. But Brave Tailor and Fantasmic? All in one pin?

I tried to find info on the pin, and looked for it through online sale sites since I couldn't find a willing trader. Nothing.

I pretty much gave up, and it quickly earned the title of "impossible grail" in my mind.

tumblr_n9r10eQ9g61s2wio8o1_500.gif

But you know what Disney keeps telling me? Every story has a happy ending.

Docfish made sure this Story did at least =,)

attachment.php

tumblr_me2pocPz0O1r35ojdo1_400.gif

attachment.php

I would have taken any condition of this pin... but it came beautiful, brand new... shiny in all its glory!!!

2890933771_7fec6e4aa2.jpg

I didn't get a chance to put it in my pin book yet, but here is a glimpse of the special fitting home it has found with me =D

attachment.php

Thank you seems so short an expression to convey my feelings of appreciation and overwhelming amazement that you kept me in mind and were able to find this pin for me. If I could give you bear hugs for this I would. So I thought I'd conclude by picturing bear hugs in the best way I could.

attachment.php

:hug: Thank you so much!!! This is my Pin Dream!!! :hug:​

So, so, so happy for you. Congratulations! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aw, reading this & your story made me a little emotional! :hs: Love the detailed story about your quest for the pin, and so great to now see it next to your other Brave Little Tailor items.
Enjoy & congratulations!!! :)

It's possible I'm sniffling. Ha ha. THIS IS THE BEST! Congrats, Story, and huge kudos to David and Amy!

THIS is why Zap-a-palooza is so awesome. It's not about getting your own grail, it's about the joy you get from seeing other people's heartfelt pin dreams come true.

Congrats Story!! I love Disney Magic and Docfish Magic :rock:

Aiiii! That's so awesome!! :D Congrats Story! <3 And awesome job, David!

~Merlin

Awesome! Love the story! It is amazing to me how these little pieces of metal and enamel have such cool stories for each of us. Thanks for sharing yours :)

Congrats Story! I don't know how David pulled that one off, that's amazing! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

So, so, so happy for you. Congratulations! ❤️

Thank you guys so much!! :hug: I can't wait to add it to my pin book and I'll be sure to share in the collection showroom another pic of it in its new pin home - I'm so excited to!! =D =D =D

Thanks again so much David (I can't say this enough - I'm pretty sure my iPhone Is going to start automatically putting David after thanks again :rofl:) I'm looking forward to seeing other Pin dreams come true too. Just like so many others have expressed, pin zaps are so much fun whether or not we are the zapee. It quickly became one of my favorite things on this site to enjoy watching see unfold and participating in whenever I can. Wishing everyone all the best on their Pin quests and thank you for letting me share my tale!! =>

Last edited:
Oh wow, Story. I didn't even realize that the Brave Little Taylor is in the Disneyland show! Congratulations on your grail.

My mistake - I was so excited about getting my package last night that I just jumped on the other thread. Reposting my fantastic zap here per instructions, but this time with pictures. First the zap -

And now in her new home -

Many thanks again Sir David and Amy! So honored to be one of the lucky ones.

Congrats everyone thus far! These stories and photos are great!

David, question: Are you staggering sending out the pins in various waves, or did you send them all out at once?

Congratulations Story! I love the significance of that pin to you, so I'm extra delighted that you now have it! Congrats Pinfun as well, that's a gorgeous TInk pin! And of course, congrats to the docfishes for making both zaps possible!!! :D

My mistake - I was so excited about getting my package last night that I just jumped on the other thread. Reposting my fantastic zap here per instructions, but this time with pictures. First the zap -

And now in her new home -

Many thanks again Sir David and Amy! So honored to be one of the lucky ones.

That Tink collection is a great one! We just completed ours actually as well. Had the blue flowers pin on my wanted list and someone here saw it and we worked out a trade. LOVE DPF :)

When I first posted on this thread, I didn't really expect anything out of it, I assumed other users who had been on the site for a much longer time would be more deserving of having pins given to them so I really was posting to help out with signatures in hopes that maybe next year I would have enough time/experience on this thread to be considered a true member. The gift I have received has truly touched me and in some ways, validated that I am a true member of the forum.
photo_zpstcprs7eq.jpg

These pins came to me during a hard year. I haven't been able to do much buying, let alone trading as money has been tight and other outside circumstances has made this year quite difficult for me. These pins have brought some light to my life and proved that there are such great people out there.
photo%2031_zpsonkj1nnz.jpg

I would like to thank David, Amy, and Ashley V. for the lovely HKDL Belle and Philippe zap, I have been looking for pins from the set everywhere but traders are few and far between. You also managed to send my favorite pin from the set! Do you have mind reading powers or something!? I wish I had more words to express my gratitude but hopefully my happy vibes and well wishes reach you.

photo%202_zpswsxyjpo2.jpg

Now I was more than surprised to receive a Single pin from the Zap-a-paloosa, so imagine my utter astonishment and joy when yet another pin was in my package. I make signatures on this site because I enjoy working in photoshop and I love making signatures for people on this site. It's so much fun to see everyone's individual tastes and pin preferences. I don't expect a payment of any kind, the joy users find in my work is enough for me. But I can't help but feel a sense of wonderment when my work is so well liked, I receive something as precious (in my mind) as a pin. So I am also here to thank Lwrn2 for her Zap. Yet another HKDL pin, this set has been on my WL for a while, but due to my fear of scrappers I have yet to accept any online trades involving them. I am absolutely overjoyed to finally have a pin from this set that is not a scrapper! Lwrn2 you didn't have to send me a pin but you did and that is so sweet of you, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope to continue making signatures and friends on this forum for many years to come!

photo%203_zpsyh8nvp8i.jpg

I'm so stoked that I was able to help find one of your grails, Kritter! I had no idea that was your favorite from the HKDL set, but it makes the zap all the sweeter, I think. :) You deserve it!

I will start this with my week has been... difficult. My work computer had to be mailed back to the mothership in Tally due to a failed hard drive and today the spare computer would not allow me to log in and out tech people who usually get this fixed in about ten minutes decided it could wait two days. Most of my job is done on my computer, as even my bosses don't have the software I use. So today I kept jumping onto other coworker's desks while they were on break to check my email and do payroll (kind of important, no?). I put a leave slip in for tomorrow and left a half hour early since tomorrow we have a full office and there would be no spare computer for me to use and my big boss might be tempted to make me go work out in the field. Grumbled at my usual traffic for nothing mess on the highway home and the cloud that dropped just enough rain to make every drive worse than normal.

get home and grab the mail. Two LBEs. Hmm. Interesting. One is from a Letterboxer but it's not engulfed in packing tape. AH! The LBX secret Santa exchange. Most excellent. The other, I didn't recognize the name and address at first, as there are a few boxers and pin folks whose addresses I recognize a mile away. Then it dawns on me, It's David from DPF and I've been zapped! Into the house, dump the big tote bag, out of the work uniform and into my envelopes! And look what it is!

E39B98AB-C9AF-45E2-A042-4C22822CC587_zpsppjzqkcw.jpg

Stained glass Aurora!!! She is from 2003, the year I was liberated from high school, and is just wonderful! I'm so happy to have her come home!!! It made my gloomy day much brighter even if the cloud are still marching in before the "cold" front!

190579D5-5970-4A59-AF26-B0AE2241C66F_zpso6mt89kw.jpg

Shes moving in on page two of Aurora next to the shiny Sylveon, never to leave!

Thank you so much!

I will start this with my week has been... difficult. My work computer had to be mailed back to the mothership in Tally due to a failed hard drive and today the spare computer would not allow me to log in and out tech people who usually get this fixed in about ten minutes decided it could wait two days. Most of my job is done on my computer, as even my bosses don't have the software I use. So today I kept jumping onto other coworker's desks while they were on break to check my email and do payroll (kind of important, no?). I put a leave slip in for tomorrow and left a half hour early since tomorrow we have a full office and there would be no spare computer for me to use and my big boss might be tempted to make me go work out in the field. Grumbled at my usual traffic for nothing mess on the highway home and the cloud that dropped just enough rain to make every drive worse than normal.

get home and grab the mail. Two LBEs. Hmm. Interesting. One is from a Letterboxer but it's not engulfed in packing tape. AH! The LBX secret Santa exchange. Most excellent. The other, I didn't recognize the name and address at first, as there are a few boxers and pin folks whose addresses I recognize a mile away. Then it dawns on me, It's David from DPF and I've been zapped! Into the house, dump the big tote bag, out of the work uniform and into my envelopes! And look what it is!

E39B98AB-C9AF-45E2-A042-4C22822CC587_zpsppjzqkcw.jpg

Stained glass Aurora!!! She is from 2003, the year I was liberated from high school, and is just wonderful! I'm so happy to have her come home!!! It made my gloomy day much brighter even if the cloud are still marching in before the "cold" front!

190579D5-5970-4A59-AF26-B0AE2241C66F_zpso6mt89kw.jpg

Shes moving in on page two of Aurora next to the shiny Sylveon, never to leave!

Thank you so much!
I'm sorry you had a bad day :(, but that's so awesome congrats! :D

Good Job David! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back