• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Kevin PTD is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF shot themselves in the foot, as they continue to do. They want the profit of pinsanity but they don't want the hassle. DON'T PREVIEW KEVIN and then withhold it! There are too many people in it for money and have no patience. So every time there is a PTD that can be flipped for over $15, everyone rushes to buy them out to see if Kevin is next. Because they know they can get rid of whatever they just bought at no loss. Make them surprise, never preview an Up or Tangled or Brave pin, and make them le500+!!

I think everyone has this argument from time to time and like now it has not really escalated to how it has been in the past. I think it comes with the territory and certain pins. Tangled pins in Paris create this effect, UP/Tangled at DSF we get this talk about supply and demand.

People not close to DSF complain slightly at the resellers on ebay but then so do people not close to DLP or those who dont have contacts with a UK person for those extra special random OMG pin. So I think when we have a disagreement about resellers, people should realise they have said and done it before now for pins released elsewhere and have to look on secondary market if they don't get offer help or trades.

Cant have a nice forum 24/7, I never take what I read hear to seriously as disagreements are bound to happen for releases from time to time. As at the end of the day, you can disagree here with someone and the next day be making a trade with them lol

Supply and demand debate has involved everyone at one time or another and no one likes resellers especially on a new release so those that dont agree now, will say what we have said sooner or later when it is a pin they want is being re-sold for a high price on a new pin.

Just my .2 cents.

Lol Kupo if you had the money I know you'd buy it

tumblr_mip0hygip31rfbwf8o2_400.gif

haha in all honesty, I definitely wouldn't pay $300 for it since I know it isn't worth that much, but I'm not above $200 haha xD

Actually, at least one has sold for $124.99.
eBay doesn't always show BIN purchases in a 'completed search' for about 24 hours...

How do you know it sold for $124 if it isn't showing up?

Well didnt make the cut... Not only did we drive all the way for Kevin but don't even get a new pin trader delight... They are pulling the pin trader delight ice cream until they get a shipment of new pin trader delights... No pin or ice cream.... Sad sad sad day........

I think everyone has this argument from time to time and like now it has not really escalated to how it has been in the past. I think it comes with the territory and certain pins. Tangled pins in Paris create this effect, UP/Tangled at DSF we get this talk about supply and demand.

People not close to DSF complain slightly at the resellers on ebay but then so do people not close to DLP or those who dont have contacts with a UK person for those extra special random OMG pin. So I think when we have a disagreement about resellers, people should realise they have said and done it before now for pins released elsewhere and have to look on secondary market if they don't get offer help or trades.

Cant have a nice forum 24/7, I never take what I read hear to seriously as disagreements are bound to happen for releases from time to time. As at the end of the day, you can disagree here with someone and the next day be making a trade with them lol

Supply and demand debate has involved everyone at one time or another and no one likes resellers especially on a new release so those that dont agree now, will say what we have said sooner or later when it is a pin they want is being re-sold for a high price on a new pin.

Just my .2 cents.

+1,000,000
This says it all perfectly

How do you know it sold for $124 if it isn't showing up?

It's just not showing up in a completed item search. If you know the item number, you can view it... My understanding is I'm not allowed to post a link to an auction on this forum for some reason, but it will probably show up (and possibly others) tomorrow. It was just one of the auctions I happened to be watching and then it was suddenly sold.

Same thing happened with the Lilo BT pin, there was no evidence of sold pins for about 12-24 hours (unless you already knew the auction item #), and then they started showing up...

Sadly, we also made the trek all the way up here and was just short by about 10-15 people. Wa wa :(.

At least DSF made it a limit of 1 per person to give some a better opportunity of obtaining this highly sought after PTD.

It's just not showing up in a completed item search. If you know the item number, you can view it... My understanding is I'm not allowed to post a link to an auction on this forum for some reason, but it will probably show up (and possibly others) tomorrow. It was just one of the auctions I happened to be watching and then it was suddenly sold.

Interesting, I didn't know Ebay worked that way ^_^ You could always PM people Ebay links but I trust you so that's fine. On the plus side, I don't think the pin will sell that high so that might be a unique case :)

Yeah, I got her but I was really sad to see people turned away. A couple out the door even jumped me for trades (one guy who came for his daughter to get Kevin)
I felt super bad :( I am trading her but I'm going to try and trade her along with my Rapunzel surprise pin and the Enchanted BT (if I can get it) for my grail Ariel pin or TLM Beloved Tales. I think this has gotten beyond ridiculous ... It's proven that times have changed and DSF needs higher edition pins. I've noticed that Disneyland's pins seem to be higher numbered lately but lacking in quality :/

lol A piece of me was hoping you'd list it for $300 and because it wouldn't sell, I'd be able to talk it down haha xD Oh well, dreams and hopes crushed jk

Idk about that...I think she might sell for $300 or more. And if not...why should I budge right? Everyone else charges crazy amounts. And even if they don't sell...re-sellers sit on their 15 copies of this 1 pin that's limited to 150-300 (mind you there's at least that many people attending these high-end pin releases). Even $1000 for a Tangled marquee isn't too far-fetched in my opinion. The last Tangle Marquee listed on eBay sold for $800. Would I ever sell mine? NO, but if I did, knowing that I got it for $250, I wouldn't feel right selling it for more than $300-350 max. That's just me though...I wasn't raised to use something like the hobby of pin-trading as a form of financial means. Have I sold pins before? Yes, but I definitely think my prices are reasonable and if they're high priced that's only because its probably paid high.

I was born and raised in NYC and I haven't had the most privileged life, but I've never depended on anyone else to take care of me nor do I throw my problems in anyone else's face. No matter how ill or how broke I am..I will do what it takes to get myself back together. Taking trips to WDW every couple of years with family and friends has become a tradition for me. Its honestly the only place where I can have the time of my life. I remember buying my first pin on vacation there...than I remember being a kid and going to downtown Disney where there was a pin-trading event and I got to trade with a veteran for the first time. It was an experience I'll never forget. And although I haven't been able to keep up with all the pins that have been released at various locations around the world throughout the years...I still try my best to get those that mean something special to me. At the end of the day this isn't about Pin Selling here...Shoot...it really isn't even about Pin Trading! It's about the connection we all share from the amazing movies that Disney has shown us over the years.

my 2 shillings :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back