• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread
Ok. We have 2 votes for Disney TV. Here is the original text if anyone missed it.

Hi everybody. Ok, here is the deal. For the next couple of days I am going to continue working off of the suggestions I have got. After that we are going to have a theme week. During that week I will post pins that fit the theme. However, you all get to decide which theme I do. So here are the 3 themes.

1. Trontastic! Pins that are related to Tron, Tron Legacy and such.

2. Jessica + Roger = ♥ Pins that feature both Jessica and Roger Rabbit.

3. Disney on your TV. Pins that feature shows that were made for TV, like Disney Afternoon. Post and vote for your favorite. #1 vote getter will be the theme for 1 week. Voting ends Tuesday.

Hi everybody. So I was asked for a cat pin. I was also asked about Cheshire Cat pins. So here we go. This Cheshire Cat pin is from an LE125 pin set that I picked up for a friend. It is part of an Alice in Wonderland train pin set.

Yep, this is the same picture that is on pinpics, just bigger.

So no new votes for this weeks theme. Looks like Disney TV is going to win, unless there are more votes.

Last edited:
Well I think we can call this race. Starting Wednesday will be Disney on TV week. Also a new theme election will start.

Heck why not. Let's start the poll for the next theme week now. This week's options are...

1. Disney Live Action: Pins that are related to Disney's Many Live action films, such as Tron, the Rocketeer, POTC and that sort of thing.

2. Disney Animated Shorts: Pins that feature characters from Disney cartoon shorts (not including Mickey and friends).

3. The Wonderful World of Imagineering: Pins from the WDI store: Mickey's of Glendale.

Voting ends next Tuesday 8/20.

1. Disney Live Action: Pins that are related to Disney's Many Live action films, such as Tron, the Rocketeer, POTC and that sort of thing.

Today begins the first theme week and it is a good one. This week we are doing "Disney on Your TV". All the pins presented will have some connection to a Disney TV show or movie. This first pin will be from one of the early Disney cartoons from the 80s. It predates the Disney Afternoon, though it did join that line up. Yep today's pin is from Gummi Bears. It was sold via the Disney Store in Europe. It had a dangle that was a vial of Gummi Berri juice.

Now to a recent TV Show. This le100 pin set was released on DisneyStore.com. Interestingly no one is trading it. I remember that it sat for months on the site. Today's pins are a 3 pin set from Phineas and Ferb.

Let's check on the the voting and see how it is going.

This week's options are...

2. Disney Animated Shorts: Pins that feature characters from Disney cartoon shorts (not including Mickey and friends).

3. The Wonderful World of Imagineering: Pins from the WDI store: Mickey's of Glendale.

Voting ends next Tuesday 8/20.

The Results

1. Disney Live Action: 3

2. Disney Animated Shorts: 0

3. The Wonderful World of Imagineering: 2

So live action has a slight lead. Still lots of time left to vote.

So here is our next entry in the Disney on your TV week. For this episode we are going back to the 80s again to the Disney Afternoon. This pin is based upon the classic show, Ducktales. Like the Gummi Bears pin this one is from the DisneyStore UK and has a dangle element (the money bag). Enjoy.

So I have some disappointing news to report. I thought that a Rescue Rangers pin had crossed my path at some point. But after looking through all of my picture libraries, I cannot find one. I will keep looking, but it looks like I don't have any. Sorry about that.

Well here is another Disney on TV pin. It is a recent Darkwing Duck Open Edition pin from the parks.

Just want to remind you all that if you click the picture, it should take you to the pinpics entry on the pin.

Hello everybody. Today we have something I hope you all find a little more stimulating. Continuing the Disney on TV theme we have one of the few pins from the amazing Disney Afternoon show, Gargoyles. When I looked at my original picture of this pin I was unhappy with it. So I went and got it back out to take a new and hopefully better picture. So without further ado, here it is.

Pretty neat huh?

And with that pin I am pretty much out of Disney on TV pins. I thought I had a Rescue Rangers pin, but turns out I never actually possessed the one I thought I did. I am working to correct that. The only thing I have left are some more Phineas and Ferb pins with I am sure you have all seen. So here is what we are going to do. Today (Sunday) will be the last day of voting on the next theme. Starting Monday we will have the new theme.

Here is the current standings.

1. Disney Live Action: 3

2. Disney Animated Shorts: 0

3. The Wonderful World of Imagineering: 2

So make those votes and we will get our new theme. Note, In the case of ALL of these themes I have plenty of pins to show. I have double-checked. LOL

And we have a tie. So let's see. What to do, what to do?

Since you all could not decide, today we get a Random Jessica pin.

So for today I decided to go with a theme that I have not mentioned yet. Besides taking pictures of pins, I enjoy taking pictures of animals. So for the rest of the week I am going to share a pictures of pins with animals and a picture of that animal in real life. So let's start off with a pin from the 110th Legacy collection, a Lion King pin featuring Timon and Puumba.

Now how about some zoo pictures.

First a Warthog.

IMG_5138_zpsfd23a5ab.jpg

And a meerkat.

IMG_3336.jpg

He forgot his grass skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back