• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread
No comments? Aww pooh. Well for today we have everyone's favorite comedy duo, Chip and Dale. This pin is part of an LE100 DS.com set.

And of course that requires a picture of a real-life chipmunk. here is one I took of a chipmunk at Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park.

IMG_2199.jpg

Horray! A Chip n Dale pin and a pic of a real life ickle chipmunk. Thanks for today's pic, this one is on my Wants list :)

Looking forward to tomorrow's pin & it's real-life counterpart.

Last edited:
Here we are again. It is time for another pin picture of the day. Today's pin comes from the UK Disney Store. It is Jasmine with Rajah. The art for this pin has been used several times, from an auction pin to a DLRP lanyard pin. It is also another example where the pinpics picture was donated by me. You may have noticed a few of those already. lol

And of course we have to have our real life animal picture. Now the particular species of tiger that Rajah belongs to is the Bengal Tiger. In the case of today's real life animal picture we have Sumatran Tigers from Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma, WA.

Note: I have rigged this picture to go to the zoo website. lol

Oh what the hey, cub picture too.

IMG_3885.jpg

So for today I decided to go with a theme that I have not mentioned yet. Besides taking pictures of pins, I enjoy taking pictures of animals. So for the rest of the week I am going to share a pictures of pins with animals and a picture of that animal in real life. So let's start off with a pin from the 110th Legacy collection, a Lion King pin featuring Timon and Puumba.

Now how about some zoo pictures.

First a Warthog.

IMG_5138_zpsfd23a5ab.jpg

And a meerkat.

IMG_3336.jpg

He forgot his grass skirt.
LOL. Great pics, too!

Well we got derailed there a bit, didn't we. Since we are in a new week I am going to change the theme again. I will be bringing back the animal theme somewhere down the road. I will post again in a little bit with a new picture.

I was going to post something else today. BUT the #$#@$! thing screwed up my post. So here is today's post. It is an Le 150 Jasmine pin from the Disney Store in the UK.

Not much time tonight, so I will make this quick. Tokyodisneydad wants Goofy, Tokyodisneydad gets Goofy. BTW, I hope you saw the one I posted earlier in this thread. This pin came out in 2011 as part of a pin of the month set from Disney and the Seattle Mariners. A lot of the art is reused, but the color and logos are changed for other teams.

That Jasmine pin is really cool!

Mellonballer, do you have an Instagram account by any chance? I'd love to follow you if you regularly post pictures of your pins.

Sorry, but not at this time. I have been posting my pictures for several years over on Micechat in the pin acquisition thread.

So it has been a long couple of days here. The good news is now I have time off, so lots of time to post and that sort of thing. I have had today's entry for a long time. Back in 2008 for one of the disneyshopping.com pin sales they did a series of heroine with flowers pins. Here is the Tinker Bell pin from the series. As always clicking on the picture takes you to the pinpics entry.

Anyway, now that I have time expect another poll for next weeks theme. For the rest of this week we will have BRAND NEW pictures of pins I just got a few days ago and have not had time to photograph yet.

Ok, new poll. What do you want next week's theme to be?

1. Jessica + Roger = ♥ Pins that feature both Jessica and Roger Rabbit.
2. Disney Animated Shorts: Pins that feature characters from Disney cartoon shorts (not including Mickey and friends).
3. Disney Attractions: Pins featuring attractions from the Disney theme parks.

Post your vote people. Voting ends Sunday!

I'll go with Disney Attractions! Always love seeing pins based on shows/rides and the occasional (see: very seldom at most) restaurant pin

So I promised new pin pictures and you are going to get new pin pictures. Just took this pic last night. It is of his royal highness, King Candy. This is the surprise release pin from the DSF.

Time for another pin. This one also came in the other day and is from the DSF. This is the Paso Doble Jessica pin LE300.

How about another Wreck-it Ralph pin? This time it is from WDI and was released at the D23 Expo. It is the logo pressed penny pin.

Anyway, still time to vote for next week's theme. Here is the info.

What do you want next week's theme to be?

1. Jessica + Roger = ♥ Pins that feature both Jessica and Roger Rabbit.
2. Disney Animated Shorts: Pins that feature characters from Disney cartoon shorts (not including Mickey and friends).
3. Disney Attractions: Pins featuring attractions from the Disney theme parks.

Post your vote people. Voting ends Sunday! Currently Disney Attractions is leading 2 votes to 0 for the other 2 entries.

Hi everyone. Well the winner of the vote is Disney Attractions: Pins featuring attractions from the Disney theme parks. This means this week will be full of pins that are related to Disney theme park rides, shows, parades, restaurants and so on. So let's start with a pin from the 45th Anniversary of one of my favorite attractions, the Enchated Tiki Room.

Today's attraction is the Disneyland Railroad. This pin comes from WDI as part of their ongoing poster series.

Hi everybody. So today's picture is a bit of a cheat, because it is 3 pictures. Today's pin is part of the Jumbo E-ticket series from Disneyland. First picture is of the box.
IMG_5320.jpg

Now let's open the box.

IMG_5321.jpg

Finally an upclose pic of the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back