My collection updated 6/26/14 :D

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by abrown1087, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Hi! My name is Amanda :D I've been pin collecting since my first visit to WDW in August of 2006, and is probably my favorite hobby. I don't do too much on the trading end of things, but I absolutely LOVE collecting Disney Pins. My favorites include: PODM, anything Scar, FROZEN, Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, Bolt, favorite rides, Beloved Tales, marquees(if it is a movie I like), Year pins to commemorate each of our trips, and various other things that catch my eye. I haven't updated since January due to my crazy almost every day work schedule, but I have not stopped collecting!

*6/26/14 UPDATE*

Yet again I have been working nearly every day at work plus had my best friends wedding to be involved with and have not had time to update. Since then I have a few new Frozen pins with a few on the way, I got some new Scar pins(yay that board is almost full), got new Tangled stuff including one of my favorites, a few new Bolt pins, and a few Dug/UP pins. Yay pins!

My Villains/Reflections of Evil Board
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    One of the crown jewels of my collection. My Scar pins[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Some of my new Tangled stuff. DLP Rapunzel Christmas stuff is all signed by artist. Also new is the WDI Valentine's Day dangle, the UK Disney Store Rapunzel and Max, and a few of the DSF ones, and my favorite the designer Rapunzel and Flynn :D
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    The PODM lighted Display
    [​IMG][/URL]

Toy Story-Buzz & Woody Flying
    [​IMG]

Finding Nemo-Bruce
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Monsters Inc.- James P. Sullivan leading the monsters to the Scare Floor
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Aladdin- A Whole New World
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Tangled- Kingdom Dace(I also have the Gondola scene as well as one with just Eugene in the gondola)
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    The Little Mermaid- Part of Your World
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    The Lion King- Scar & Simba
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Steamboat Willie- Mickey at the helm
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Mulan- Mushu with his rocket
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Lonesome Ghosts- Donald and Ghost
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Beauty & the Beast- Ballroom Dance
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    Pluto's Christmas- Dale in the tree
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  2. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Here is my PODM display so far. I just have to order LED string lights to put in behind it. I only have Tangled at the moment, but hopefully Lion King is on the way, and I'm working on getting little mermaid
    [​IMG]

3. DisneyOlivia

DisneyOlivia Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Awesome collection!
    You're right about the SW pin, never seen it but might have to find that one for my brother now!
    Keep up the good work :)

4. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    378   0   1

Nice collection!!

5. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Fun pins. I love the Bolt pin!

6. Sufikation

Sufikation Real Name: Patrick

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Very nice, love seeing Star Wars pins in peoples collection.

7. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Thanks everyone!
    sulfikation- I agree! I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself :D

Here is a picture of my PODM Tangled scene. I think today I'm going to put temporary xmas lights in the back just to see how it looks.
    [​IMG]

8. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Ok so today i found some battery powered LED string lights while i was out and about today. I put them in the back of the shadowbox(not set exactly yet until i get more of the set). I actually think it turned out pretty well and should look good once i have all of them. Here is a picture of the whole shadow box and then one of the pin up close
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Looks like i won't win the Little Mermaid podm i was going after on ebay... went too far out of my price range right now :( Hopefully my Lion King one doesn't fall through tomorrow lol. I will collect this set no matter how long it takes lol.

10. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Ended up winning the Little Mermaid one and got confirmation on the Lion King one( don't know what scene). Update to come once I get them and put them in the shadowbox

11. MrHappy

MrHappy Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

That is really nice collection. I really like the look of the lights behind it.

I hate when people just try to see how much they can get. I have seen it before. They go up higher than the bid just to max it out and see if people will bid that high, and then when no one does, they give it to the person before. Glad you got it though, and hope you didn't pay to much.

12. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Thanks!!!! It took some work but i got those lights in lol. And I'm still organizing and re-organizing the cork boards lol. But yes ebay gets crazy... for the scene i got with ariel & flounder during part of your world $45 wasn't bad. It is hard to get any of the Little Mermaid scenes for much less unfortunately at least from what i've seen. wouldn't have gone higher than that though.

13. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

My Lion King and Little Mermaid PODM came today and I took Tangled out of the shadow box. Tomorrow I will reconfigure the lights in the shadow box and put all 3 pins in. Here are my scenes(i may be willing to trade but only for a scene from the same movie since i don't have multiple scenes at all :)):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I have yet to take a decent photo of these so i apologize for the blurry images :p

14. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

UPDATE: Put Little Mermaid & Lion King PODM in the shadow box today. And my pins have a new home in our downstairs game room(now disney room/my lair lol)

[​IMG]
    New home for my pins :)
    [​IMG]
    with the lights out
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  15. Nettiejeanne

Nettiejeanne DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Wow! Your shadow box is beautiful!!! Way to go!

16. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Thank you!!

17. 2spongey6

2spongey6 Active Member

Rating - 72.5%
    26   11   3

Hey... I just wanted to mention that I heard November is going to be Beauty & The Beast! :)

18. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Cool! Thanks :D

19. SoraPandora

SoraPandora I'm SoraPandora again!

Rating - 100%
    153   0   0

Great collection!

I'm not a PODM lover myself, but I have to agree that your shadow box display turned out absolutely beautiful. Well done.
    Congrats on getting such great pins. May you win many more in days to come!

20. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Thanks sora :D at first when i started the shadow box i didn't think it was going to turn out very well. I'm very happy with how it has turned out so far

21. Anya

Anya Member

0   0   0

Such a beautiful collection! I love your PODM pins, I'm not a massive fan of them, but they look beautiful in the display case.

22. Warzy

Warzy Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

That looks great!

23. crushedbubbles

crushedbubbles Active Member

Rating - 100%
    68   0   0

Great pin collection! You have one of the same pins as I have, the 35th anniversary pin with Mickey, Donald and Goofy! It's one of my favorites because it was one of the first pins I received, probably one of the first 10 I got. Anyway, lovely PODM's! I need to get some of those for myself! =) So jealous of your Little Mermaid one! Congrats!

24. abrown1087

abrown1087 Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Thanks so much everyone :D :D :D
    crushedbubbles- Yep I like that pin too :) got that one on my very first trip to WDW

25. pin2pin1

pin2pin1 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Great collection. I've just started collecting about a month ago. I Love it so much!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.