• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My first attempt at Pin framing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first attempt at Pin framing...

Truckinallngt

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I always hated this painting... so I ummm enhanced it?? Any opinions (please disregard the upside down Ariel, she been fixed)

cindipinpic.jpg

That looks great! Did you have to take the glass out to fit the pins in? I need some new ideas and your frame came out wonderful!

No glass, I was in the craft store looking at canvas frames to buy for my pins, came home and decided to pull this thing out of the garage and pretty it up for my girls' room, most of these pins open and are very thick, having it on plain canvas allows me to display them open or closed... My mom in law gave it to me years ago... I never had the heart to get rid of it, but didn't care to display it... I collected these pins for my daughters, who are now grown up and instead am displaying it in my little girls' room. They are just now getting into pin trading at 5 and 6 and they love all these pins, because like their mom they LOVE the princesses... I must say after ten years collecting and trading these are still my favorite pins and I hated having to unzip a book to enjoy them =)

Interesting job in repurposing a painting you didn't care for, I don't think I would have the heart to do that to something someone gave me but to each his/her own. It's a good setup though, great job.

Love what you did with a painting you didn't care to much for really great idea and it looks lovely with the pins on it. The pins are perfect for it. Nice job!!!!

Love what you did with the painting. It's a beautiful way to reuse the painting and now you don't have to feel guilty about leaving it in the garage:) Excellent job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back