• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My first pin...Anna & Elsa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first pin...Anna & Elsa!

sharayahlynn

Lover of Disney Treasures
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie to pin collecting and I've been very nervous about buying and trading, but I finally took the plunge and bought my first pin (second, if you count the one I received from Disney in 2006 for participating in the Magic Music Days parade, which is currently MIA). I bought this pin from an eBay seller, and in between clicking that "buy it now" button and and waiting for it to arrive, I decided to come back here and re-read the scrapper/counterfeit threads. Bad idea...I've been fretting for days. But now that it's arrived and I've used the checklist, I've calmed down quite a bit and thought I'd share a couple of quick photos. The only thing that's bothering me is the silver glitter on Elsa's forehead, but perhaps it's still okay? Any input would be greatly appreciated. :)

Untitled by sharayahlynn, on Flickr

Untitled by sharayahlynn, on Flickr

Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to put it. I thought about putting it on a lanyard, but I'm leaning toward maybe starting a pin board now that I've seen the wonderful boards other collectors have made. :)

its prolly a slight quality issue. I havent even heard of fakes of this pin.

Agreed. It looks good. I have the pin and compared it to mine, no signs as to why you should be concerned from your picture. Congrats on your first pin, and welcome to the hobby!

Thank you so much, everyone! :)

I'm off to Michaels now to plan and price out supplies for a pin display board or shadow box. I'm obviously way too excited about this. :lol:

Mine has a pretty scrapper-scare defect too! There is a massive paint dip in Anna's arm :/ But so far, no fakes are out!! Can't wait to see your pin board! :)

There are a lot of quality issues with this specific pin, I know I had to go through about four or five to find one without a flaw, so your pin should be fine :) Congratulations on your first pin!

When I got mine at DLR, I went through a dozen to find a good one. Same went for the booster packs. Blue around the eyes instead of white. Blue on the white areas of the borders etc. It was ridiculous. I was lucky I found a good set.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Awesome first pin!!! :bigthumb: It is beautiful, congratulations!!! I don't think you have any reason to fear it being fake, you should be safe! :D

This pin is truly remarkably beautiful! When I was visiting in the parks last Wednesday & Thursday, I swear the only place in Disneyland they were selling them was at the Emporium. Every other place that was selling pins were sold out of them. Even World of Disney! But then again I could be wrong & they probably replenish some more since then.

But anyways, Congrats on getting it! :D

Thank you all for your kind comments! I really do appreciate all of your input. :)

I ended up using a couple of coupons at Michaels and got a little shadow box for my pin. And since I have no life, I spent my Friday night at home rearranging my bedroom and doing this:

Frozen Shadow Box by sharayahlynn, on Flickr

It's nothing too special, but I figured I'd wait until I have more of a collection before I put a lot of time and money into a "real" display board or box. :)

Thank you all for your kind comments! I really do appreciate all of your input. :)

I ended up using a couple of coupons at Michaels and got a little shadow box for my pin. And since I have no life, I spent my Friday night at home rearranging my bedroom and doing this:

Frozen Shadow Box by sharayahlynn, on Flickr

It's nothing too special, but I figured I'd wait until I have more of a collection before I put a lot of time and money into a "real" display board or box. :)

Wow! This is really pretty! You did a terrific job showcasing your first pin!! And welcome to pinaholics, lol! Now that you’ve gotten one pin you’ll definitely be wanting more … and more … and more, lol!! No worries, you’re among a great group of fellow pin junkies, lol! Take care, *bjr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back