• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012
Any ideas how long we will have to wait in the UK? I had a great friend on here who got me lots of stuff from the US but she seems to have disappeared :(

The film is coming the the UK in August so we should get the dolls etc a couple of Months before that, my guess would be late June or July but nothing has been officially announced yet :eek:(

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed

The Disney Store's just released Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll photographed new in box.

The Toddler Merida is outfitted with a blue satin dress with gold trim and a gold sash, long white stockings and blue shoes. She has a huge round head with a huge blue eyes with a hint of yellow around the pupils, freckles across her cheeks and up her nose to her forehead, thin lips in a sassy smirk, furrowed rusty red-orange eyebrows, topped with a massive head of red-orange curly hair.

I just bought all three different Merida dolls from my local Disney Store, on release day. They are the 16'' toddler ($24.50), 20'' plush ($19.50) and 11'' classic ($16.50).

The US Disney Store has just released (on Monday April 23, 2012) various merchandise, including poseable dolls, for Merida, the Scottish heroine of the upcoming animated feature Brave. They are available both online and in stores. The movie's premiere is on June 22 in the US.

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Full Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Portrait Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Portrait Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Boxed - Midrange Left Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing

The Disney Store's just released Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll photographed while being completely deboxed.

The Toddler Merida is outfitted with a blue satin dress with gold trim and a gold sash, white tights and blue shoes. All of these items are easy to take off and put back on.

She has a huge round head with a huge blue eyes with a hint of yellow around the pupils, freckles across her cheeks and up her nose to her forehead, thin lips in a sassy smirk, furrowed rusty red-orange eyebrows, topped with a massive head of red-orange curly hair. Most of her hair is in curls, with lots of styling product making it rather stiff and crunchy in texture. Contrast this with the Animators' Collection Ariel doll, who has soft curls (without any hair styling product) which can be combed or brushed without ruining the hairdo. I don't think I will dare to do the same with Merida.

Her construction is the same as that of the Disney Animators' Collection dolls that came out late last year. That is, Toddler Merida's body and joints are all the same as those of the Animators' dolls, but with her own unique head mold, of course.

Her feet are large and flat, with flat shoes. Therefore, she can stand on her own two feet, but since she is top heavy and has a massive head of hair, she is a little unstable unless on a hard flat surface.

She has movable head, arms and legs. Because her hip joints only rotate in a fixed plane about 45 degrees from the axis of her body, her legs must splay out to her sides in order for her to sit down. Her head is on a partial ball joint, and can swivel 360 degrees around, 30 degrees down and 10 degrees up, making for very realistic posing. Her arms are joined at her shoulders via partial ball joints, so they can rotate 360 degrees, and up about 30 degrees.

I just bought all three different Merida dolls from my local Disney Store, on release day. They are the 16'' toddler ($24.50), 20'' plush ($19.50) and 11'' classic ($16.50).

The US Disney Store has just released (on Monday April 23, 2012) various merchandise, including poseable dolls, for Merida, the Scottish heroine of the upcoming animated feature Brave. They are available both online and in stores. The movie's premiere is on June 22 in the US.

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Next to Outer Box by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Full Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - In Backing - Bottom View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - Freed from Backing and Standing Next To It by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - Freed from Backing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - Freed from Backing - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxing - Freed from Backing - Extreme Closeup of Back of Head by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida 16'' Doll - Deboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

UPS tracker says my Merida toddler doll will arrive on monday!! can't wait!
I think she has a super cute nose :D

Oh my gosh, I HAVE to get the Merida toddler doll! She's absolutely gorgeous. I wish that she had a box more similar to the other animator's collection dolls, though!

Great pictures as always DRJ! I can't wait to go get a toddler Merida for myself :)

On another note - I got an e-mail from Disney about pre-ordering Cinderella Diamond Edition.. So I'm wondering if we're going to see any sneak peeks of the Cinderella doll within the next few months!

Great pictures as always DRJ! I can't wait to go get a toddler Merida for myself :)

On another note - I got an e-mail from Disney about pre-ordering Cinderella Diamond Edition.. So I'm wondering if we're going to see any sneak peeks of the Cinderella doll within the next few months!

The Diamond Edition Cinderella on Blu Ray/DVD is set for a release date of October 2nd, so I suppose we'll hear about a 17" LE doll around July/August? If a 17" LE doll is released on the same day, that means that I will be coming back from WDW to find her waiting for me at home after hobnobing with Disney characters at MNSSHP! :) That will be a great way to continue the magic!

Last edited:
The Diamond Edition Cinderella on Blu Ray/DVD is set for a release date of October 2nd, so I suppose we'll hear about a 17" LE doll around July/August? If a 17" LE doll is released on the same day, that means that I will be coming back from WDW to find her waiting for me at home after hobnobing with Disney characters at MNSSHP! :) That will be a great way to continue the magic!

Hehe

Thanks everyone for your comments on my photos.

Silly question but how does Toddler Merida fit with the animators?
As I mentioned in my previous post, they have have the same construction, so Toddler Merida could be considered an Animators' doll, although she is not officially in the same line. Also she is not a Disney Princess (yet), is from a Pixar movie, is not associated with a specific animator (who helped in the design of the doll), and her face has a considerably different look than the Animators' dolls. I will post some photos of her with Animators' Ariel shortly.

Oh my gosh, I HAVE to get the Merida toddler doll! She's absolutely gorgeous. I wish that she had a box more similar to the other animator's collection dolls, though!
Their boxes are the same size and construction. But the cutouts for the plastic windows are a bit different, and of course the graphics are different. But the biggest difference is that Toddler Merida don't have a Disney animator's design drawings and profile on her box. I will post comparison photos shortly.

Last edited:
Brave Merida Dolls Deboxed - Group Photos

Group photos of all three newly released Disney Store Merida dolls, after I've fully deboxed them. I bought them from my local Disney Store, on release day. They are the 16'' toddler ($24.50), 20'' plush ($19.50) and 11'' classic ($16.50).

Brave Merida Dolls Deboxed - Toddler and Classic Standing by drj1828, on Flickr

Brave Merida Dolls Deboxed - Toddler, Classic and Plush - All Standing by drj1828, on Flickr

Brave Merida Dolls Deboxed - Toddler and Plush Sitting, Classic Standing by drj1828, on Flickr

Brave Merida Dolls Deboxed - Toddler, Classic and Plush - All Sitting Down by drj1828, on Flickr

Last edited:
Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls

The newly released Disney Store Toddler Brave Merida doll posing with the 2011 Disney Animators' Collection Ariel doll. They are both 16'' tall, and of the same construction. They are also priced the same ($24.50), and are in the same sized box. They are a natural to pose together, since they are both redheads, and both 16'' toddler dolls by Disney. To allow for a better comparison, with a wider variety of poses, I put Ariel into the dress of the Animators' Rapunzel doll.

Here's a list of some differences between the two dolls. Most of Merida's hair is in curls, with lots of styling product making it rather stiff and crunchy in texture. Contrast this with the Ariel doll, who has soft curls (without any hair styling product) which can be combed or brushed without ruining the hairdo. Merida appears to be about 1/2 inch taller than Ariel, although that might be due to slight differences in the way they were posed. Merida's sassy, smirking facial appearance is different than any of the Animators' Collection dolls, all of whom had sweet expressions. Ariel's expression is sweet and shy, with a slight smile. Merida's eyes are considerably smaller than Ariel's, although they are still large. Merida's shoes are of a different style than the Animators' dolls, and she is wearing tights, rather than ankle high socks.

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Standing - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Standing - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Standing - Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Standing - Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Standing - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Standing - Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Standing - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Sitting - Full Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Toddler Brave Merida and Animators' Ariel 16'' Dolls Sitting - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Christ!
Today I got my Disneystore order.
I ordered A few Animator dolls (Ariel, Tiana, Aurora, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Mulan) and Merida
Just to see that I forgot to order Jasmine!!
I can't afford to order Jasmine alone because of the high shipping to Belgium.
AAAARRRGGHHH I'm seriously bummed!

I have just heard that there should be a Queen Elinor doll from Brave coming to the Disney Store in the near future ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back