• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New mystery couple pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
New mystery couple pins
Honestly, this is a beautiful set in terms of just a design standpoint. However, I'm pretty surprised (and disappointed) with the conceals. I mean, yes Mulan and Pocahontas needed to be there, but I feel there was a really huge missed opportunity with the rest. They should have made Mulan and Pocahontas Reveals and then added 4 more conceals cause there are so many Disney couples who didn't get love in this set:

Mickey and Minnie (no brainer how could these 2 have been forgotten?!?!?)
Peter Pan and Wendy
Robin Hood and Maid Marian
Simba and Nala
Hercules and Meg (I'm particularly upset over this one and IDK why)
Tarzan and Jane
Pongo and Perdita
Giselle and Robert
Mr. & Mrs. Incredible
Lightning McQueen & Sally
Kermit & Ms. Piggy
Felix and Calhoun (biggest upset for me >_<)

I know some of those above aren't as big as others, but that just goes to show how many they could have put into this set :(

Next time don't make judgments. Thursday it is. I'm glad some people listened to me bc I get inside deets from royal prince and princesses

Judge? I didn't judge. Here's the defintion of "judge":

judge
jəj/
verb

form an opinion or conclusion about.
    "scientists were judged according to competence"
    synonyms:form the opinion, conclude, decide; More
I said:

I don't think they're confirmed to be put on the shelf this Thursday (from at least what I've heard)
(you can even check your quote to know that's what I said)

I merely told them the truth, that I didn't think they were confirmed to come out on Thursday, and they weren't confirmed by Disney. They weren't confirmed but you (and clearly many other people) knew they would be out today, which is fine, there was no opinion in that statement. I'm glad many people go to them today though ^_^ I got the 1 I wanted so I'm happy.

Last edited:
Judge? I didn't judge. Here's the defintion of "judge":

judge
jəj/
verb

form an opinion or conclusion about.
    "scientists were judged according to competence"
    synonyms:form the opinion, conclude, decide; More
I said:

(you can even check your quote to know that's what I said)

I merely told them the truth, that I didn't think they were confirmed to come out on Thursday, and they weren't confirmed by Disney. They weren't confirmed but you (and clearly many other people) knew they would be out today, which is fine, there was no opinion in that statement. I'm glad many people go to them today though ^_^ I got the 1 I wanted so I'm happy.

your information is misleading and i AM TRYING TO HELP OTHERS ON HERE. BOTTOM LINE. DON'T RAIN ON ANYONE'S MAGICAL PARADE. tHE SHADE IS THCK BC CLEARLY YOU like to think all of your information is magical and correct. NOT!!!

i Will always stand up for whats right.

your information is misleading and i AM TRYING TO HELP OTHERS ON HERE. BOTTOM LINE. DON'T RAIN ON ANYONE'S MAGICAL PARADE. tHE SHADE IS THCK BC CLEARLY YOU like to think all of your information is magical and correct. NOT!!!

i Will always stand up for whats right.

*thick
*because
*what is

I'm sorry, I'd rather not clog up this thread and derail it so I won't continue after those post...

How is my information misleading? I didn't tell her "PrinceEric is wrong, don't go" I said that they weren't confirmed to be coming out by Disney (they weren't). Furthermore, you posted last Thursday that you thought they were coming out last Thursday and they didn't and then you stated that they were going to come out on "a Thursday." You were bound to get it right eventually since the parks seem to release their stuff on Thursdays as long as you kept going every Thursday.

On that note, what information did I "think was magical and correct?" I said they weren't officially confirmed by Disney," they weren't confirmed by Disney, they still aren't.

I'm not going to talk any further since this thread isn't about an argument, but the pins themselves ^_^

I am cracking up at the derp face.... yes it does.. the eyes need to be filled in more...but alas i bought one today lol

Here's a closeup of Belle:

wdwtradenight-121713-0341_zpsa563f616.jpg

Her face is a bit derpy. There's also something off about the line of her shoulders and the angle of her torso. (Does anyone else think it looks like her head has turned 180 degrees and we're looking at her back?) Her hair looks fab though.

ETA: She kind of looks like Tina Fey. Tina Fey with derp face.

Well there they went. Are we ready for Disney Couples II? So many more couples. I like the idea of way less than 25 per person. That is just excessive when others should be able to get. Have they ever done a release where only certain stores had certain pins, making you run all over the place LGM, Westward Ho, Emporium, Star Traders, Elias, Julius, Fly n buy, WOD, PT, etc.? And then the tons of stores at WDW?

Some of these look great but some of them look way off to me. Doesn't anyone else notice this stuff?!

I'm annoyed about no Robin Hood/Maid Marian. *sigh* Ah well. Lady & Tramp at least. :)

I agree. I don't understand the Donald and Daisy pin. Really??? I was really wanting another Robin Hood pin to add to my collection but maybe it's better after seeing the prices for these....

Well there they went. Are we ready for Disney Couples II? So many more couples. I like the idea of way less than 25 per person. That is just excessive when others should be able to get. Have they ever done a release where only certain stores had certain pins, making you run all over the place LGM, Westward Ho, Emporium, Star Traders, Elias, Julius, Fly n buy, WOD, PT, etc.? And then the tons of stores at WDW?

For disneyland's I think 48th birthday they had a 7-8 pin release across dlr you had to go collect the pins and get the postcards stamped. Complete set got a free pin.. Fun day that was

For disneyland's I think 48th birthday they had a 7-8 pin release across dlr you had to go collect the pins and get the postcards stamped. Complete set got a free pin.. Fun day that was

I remember they did something similar for I believe 10-10-10. They gave you a postcard and you had to run around the park and collect stamps from a bunch of different locations and when you finished you got a free pin. You could also purchase 2 pins at the store celebrating the day and they also released a mystery box set too.

In DLR it was sort of like that. At LGM they had 5 princesses, Emporium had 2, Wesrward Ho had 5, when they opened. Quantities were not disclosed, at least to me, i lack Prince Eric's skills, and being there were no mixed bricks, each box was 10 of the same princess. the name of the princess was written on the outside of the box. Not sure how DTD or CA Adv was, but it was a scavenger hunt trying to find the missing princesses. I have a feeling that all the Princess's in 1 box had the same concealer but each box ran a different concealer. only cause all 3 of my Rapunzel's were Jack/Sally. They become random as the cms restock the drawer as they pull another box. (Just a thought not meant to be fact) Hope the info gives a better idea of the craziness yesterday morning, just trying to get a complete set and I didn't, but it's ok that's what trading is for. : ) =cykean6tthere they went. Are we ready for Disney Couples II? So many more couples. I like the idea of way less than 25 per person. That is just excessive when others should be able to get. Have they ever done a release where only certain stores had certain pins, making you run all over the place LGM, Westward Ho, Emporium, Star Traders, Elias, Julius, Fly n buy, WOD, PT, etc.? And then the tons of stores at WDW?[/QUOTE]

In DLR it was sort of like that. At LGM they had 5 princesses, Emporium had 2, Wesrward Ho had 5, when they opened. Quantities were not disclosed, at least to me, i lack Prince Eric's skills, and being there were no mixed bricks, each box was 10 of the same princess. the name of the princess was written on the outside of the box. Not sure how DTD or CA Adv was, but it was a scavenger hunt trying to find the missing princesses. I have a feeling that all the Princess's in 1 box had the same concealer but each box ran a different concealer. only cause all 3 of my Rapunzel's were Jack/Sally. They become random as the cms restock the drawer as they pull another box. (Just a thought not meant to be fact) Hope the info gives a better idea of the craziness yesterday morning, just trying to get a complete set and I didn't, but it's ok that's what trading is for. : ) =cykean6tthere they went. Are we ready for Disney Couples II? So many more couples. I like the idea of way less than 25 per person. That is just excessive when others should be able to get. Have they ever done a release where only certain stores had certain pins, making you run all over the place LGM, Westward Ho, Emporium, Star Traders, Elias, Julius, Fly n buy, WOD, PT, etc.? And then the tons of stores at WDW?
[/QUOTE]
Adding to your info, from what I understand DCA pretty much only had rapunzel I didn't hear of them having any of the other princesses in any of their stores. Uhmmm one of the hotels started with 3 princesses in the morning. The other 2 I believe. And the other had 2 also. DTD started with I believe 4.
and yes if you bought a brick of the same princess you got all the same conceals. If you picked and chooses from different stores you had a better chance of variety.
On a side note.... Snow White was the hardest princess to find... I found everyone except her.

I agree that 25 per person seems overboard. That's 50 pins per person. Even if you make the argument that someone wants to ensure they buy a whole set, 50 would be more than enough, especially if the reveal conceals are paired, even if only partially. Pick up a few to trade or for a friend, sure, but 25 boxes still seems excessive, unless you plan to resell.

I am not sure how I feel about the boxes being scattered in groups instead of mixed. If a reseller hits the store where the most the Tangled pins are, then it seems like they can control the market a bit more if they buy a bunch, rather than they have a mixed supply to choose from and then have to hunt down more. Conversely, it also helps if those pins are largely situated in a store not likely to get a huge crowd and thus the resellers, making them easier to obtain for the casual hunter.

Any finally, can't Disney just occassionally, randomly, release part of the lot online to give the out of staters a chance ?

^^^
to be honest most resellers have been doing this for years and even if they spread it out like they did and put pins in some of the smaller stores, it still won't hinder resellers cause most of them know disneys ins and outs. Even me, someone who isn't a reseller, I have been collecting pins for over 5 years and I know what patterns to use to maximize finding the pins I need for sets. But yes the limit of pins you're allowed to buy at once should be limited to a smaller quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back