• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New mystery couple pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
New mystery couple pins
Why all the hype and speculation. Aren't these pins OE?
Are these the next R/C girls? I don't think so. OE vs. LR. But people these days will buy anything to try to sell it. And probably try to sell it on Facebook for same or more than eBay even though on Facebook they aren't paying the eBay 10% fees. Losers

That's exactly why. Everyone is speculating that this set will be the next R/C Girls set. Most people don't recall that the Girls set had that whole mystery of them never making it to WDW which increased the hype, but most just assume they'll get Rapunzel and trade her for their largest grails...thankfully, resellers will force this set down to well below $100 I think :)

That's exactly why. Everyone is speculating that this set will be the next R/C Girls set. Most people don't recall that the Girls set had that whole mystery of them never making it to WDW which increased the hype, but most just assume they'll get Rapunzel and trade her for their largest grails...thankfully, resellers will force this set down to well below $100 I think :)

Unlikely that it will go down to below $100. Maybe cost, which is $160-ish (this is assuming there are 16 pins, 8 revealed, 8 concealed, 8 boxes @ $20 each). But who knows?

If there is anything I've learned it is that OE park pins aren't worth my time. There is some cast member out there that will buy them for 40% off and sell them on eBay/Facebook at face value. Even with my 20% AP discount I might break even. So if this set is $160, with AP discount and tax I'm paying $140 ish. A CM is paying $106 ish. They can sell the sets for my $140 cost all day and make money. Or even sell at $150 which is the lowest any non-CM can do and make more. The only pins at the park worth caring about are LE's or LR's only because they are there for a limited time and usually increase in value / trade value if the character/subject is good. OE pins, nah. Just ask everyone who paid over $30 for the Frozen snowflake OE pin and now the parks have bags and bags of them available. OE means don't waste your time or money. They will keep coming and you will get them cheaper later on.

Yeah, I don't know where the thinking they are OE is coming from. The pictures on the first page clearly say R/C Limited Release. Both in the Event preview and the box from PTN. The only R/C set to be restocked were the Family Portrait series. Everything else was "one and done."

With a 16 pin set, they could make each pin LE1000 which would equal 8000 boxes. I think that's a pretty good estimation or what a production run might be. And if these are as nice as the picture from page 1 looks, they would disappear pretty quickly. That's half the edition size of the perfume bottles. Equal to last year's Window to the Magic series, although that was entirely a DLR release, while these would be split.

There have been 8 pins previewed, but that doesn't mean they won't be part of the concealed pins when they get released. The carousel pins had 9 shown in the preview, but four of those ended up being the concealed pins along with the merida surprise pin. So with 8 previewed pins, it could still be a 10 pin set with 5 revealed, 3 concealed and 2 surprise pins.

This set looks like it was meant to release around valentines day, with the shape of a ring as the pin so I don't really know many more pins that would fit into the set and match the theme of the ones that have been shown - I'd have a hard time coming up with 16 pins of princess/prince couples.

I don't think we'll get a lot of unannounced pins in the set - I'm guessing 2

There have been 8 pins previewed, but that doesn't mean they won't be part of the concealed pins when they get released. The carousel pins had 9 shown in the preview, but four of those ended up being the concealed pins along with the merida surprise pin. So with 8 previewed pins, it could still be a 10 pin set with 5 revealed, 3 concealed and 2 surprise pins.

This set looks like it was meant to release around valentines day, with the shape of a ring as the pin so I don't really know many more pins that would fit into the set and match the theme of the ones that have been shown - I'd have a hard time coming up with 16 pins of princess/prince couples.

I don't think we'll get a lot of unannounced pins in the set - I'm guessing 2

I was wondering about that myself. Whether it was an 8-pin set or 16-pin set or something in between. Well if just an 8-pin set, that'd be nice. I'm thinking probably 10-pin set and the 2 conceals would be Mulan/Shang and Pocahontas/John (Smith or Rolfe?) and that would go with the original 10 princesses up through Tangled. And then that would hopefully mean one would only have to buy 5 boxes :)

Well, it's "Disney Couples" not "Prince and Princesses" so they could throw in Mickey & Minnie, Donald & Daisy, Kermit & Miss Piggy, Robin Hood & Maid Marian.

if these pins randomly appear on shelves... will that be on random Thursdays only or just really randomly whenever?

These are Reveal/Conceal because we can see the box has a window in the shape of a ring.

jennisney linked to a preview blog in another post (http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?42829-2014-WDW-pins-preview!&highlight=preview) that shows the actual pins. Here's the photo:

wdwtradenight-121713-034_zps45504683.jpg

From http://wdwnt.com/2014-pins-previewed-at-wdw-trade-night/.

Also, the Epcot Event Powerpoint presentation image on the front page, post #7 says "Reveal / Conceal."

I'm looking forward to seeing who will be concealed. Hopefully it will be some unconventional couples since the Reveal set is very traditional. Like Wall-E and Eve for example.

Loving the Tiana pin and as soon as Joy sees Cindy.....I will be on the hook for her I'm sure. Fingers crossed that we can all get what we need for our collections without being gouged too deeply.

Pins are out. Reveals/conceals are not set. I got Donald and daisy, Carl and Ellie x2, Mulan and Shang x2, Pocahontas and John smith, lady and tramp. Studios didn't get any ariel boxes so if someone could get me one I would be eternally grateful. There at 8 reveals and 8 conceals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back