• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

One of a Kind, Handmade Shadowboxes for Your Pins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of a Kind, Handmade Shadowboxes for Your Pins!
I love that Vixy and Rasputin posted pictures after they had put their pins in the displays, I hope as you make more for people that they continue to share with everyone.

BUMP for some more custom made shadowbox commissions! I've just finished Story's prize shadowbox from my game thread, and I'd love to build something special for your pins, too! :)

BUMP for some more custom made shadowbox commissions! I've just finished Story's prize shadowbox from my game thread, and I'd love to build something special for your pins, too! :)

Bump for awesomeness!! J'aimie is a master at making the perfect home for your pins!!! ^.^ Thank you so much again for the opportunity to own one of your beautiful creations!! =)

Wow, thank you everyone for your recent kind words about my work. <3 It really means a lot and I hope to get more of these into everyone's hands. It's my pleasure and honor to make these for your collections, so please keep me in mind if you're ever looking for a display solution for your pins!

Beth, I have ideas for proper PODM display using LEDs. I am waiting for one last PODM for my own collection before I start building - I want to be sure I have all of my pins to accurately place them within the frame before I start a bigger project like this. Keep your eyes peeled, I'm hoping in the next few weeks to make this a reality!! Thanks for your interest and compliments!! :)

I can't wait until you finish your PODM collection J'aimie!! I want to see that shadowbox gleam and glow!! ;)

It'd be really cool if you had each PODM in a drawn lantern and put lights in the back of the shadowbox so that they would light up inside the lanterns and show the scenes! :)

Then when I have all of my Little Mermaid PODMs that I want, we can talk about an LED shadowbox for me!!! ( You know in like 10 years when I'll finally get all of those PODMs from my quest and I have a job... :lol:

That is my dream... Part of your World in PODMS... :)

Here is the Designer Princess on J'aimie made.

GASP!!!!!!!!

So freakin' beautiful! I asked J'aimie for a DP box too when I thought I was almost getting Mulan, I got too excited for nothing. But when I get her & complete my set, I'll definitely want one! This is just too beautiful and everything else you make girl!

Oh wow, J'aime! This is the first time I've scrolled through this thread.

You are an artist! These shadowboxes are absolutely beautiful.
(So far the "Alice" box you made for Vixy is my favorite!)

Can't wait to see more of your projects!

Wow, thank you everyone for your recent kind words about my work. <3 It really means a lot and I hope to get more of these into everyone's hands. It's my pleasure and honor to make these for your collections, so please keep me in mind if you're ever looking for a display solution for your pins!

Beth, I have ideas for proper PODM display using LEDs. I am waiting for one last PODM for my own collection before I start building - I want to be sure I have all of my pins to accurately place them within the frame before I start a bigger project like this. Keep your eyes peeled, I'm hoping in the next few weeks to make this a reality!! Thanks for your interest and compliments!! :)

Your work is so beautiful! I'm so tempted to order one and I probably will soon as soon as I figure out what to frame and where I would put it! But I've been trying to figure out how to get LEDs behind my PODMs somehow as well (while being able to add to the collection in the future). If you figure out how to do the LED shadowboxes and would take orders for them, I would buy one (or more) from you an instant. :D

Thought I would bump the ever awesome J'aimie's thread with another example of her stunning work ^.^

J'aimie customized a shadowbox for me after hosting her first month of her generous "pay the happy forward" game, and I had decided that it would be a nice opportunity to give some of my much loved alice pins a pretty new home. And, of course, she did not disappoint!!

EA4757E3-304D-4955-8FB0-B9D17EFBBAB5-887-00000049FEBEDEE2_zpsed4332dd.jpg

Not only did she masterfully compliment the pins, but she even incorporated my love for writing in the background! I am just blown away at how gorgeous it looks, and it has already made a home on my computer desk with my alice in wonderland and "tea time" trinkets :D :

3C771E96-AB13-45C1-A357-1009553EE888-887-0000004A032DBD0E_zpsa8860277.jpg

Thank you, thank you again so much J'aimie!! <3 I really hope to have the opportunity to work with you again soon!! =)

And anyone considering commissioning J'aimie for your shadowbox project, just know that she is an absolute gem to work with and her shadowboxes are even more beautiful in person!! :bigthumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back