• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

People are so judgemental

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are so judgemental
I've never been like it either and it makes me sad to see so many young people wasting their lives (and their livers!) like that. I like a nice drink and a night out for a meal or such but there's no reason to do it to excess. Cuppa on the sofa snuggied in pjamas under a blanket with a Disney film on is an ideal night in for me! :D

Oh yeah, this! I've no interest in going out clubbing and getting so drunk I can't walk. Infact I've never really been that person. I'd much rather have a night on the sofa with a cuppa and some Disney movies. I'm also 22 (23 in a month)

Heck yeah that's how I am too. Just coworkers talking all the nonsense of how pins are for kids. I'm loving the advice from my fellow DPF members. It really helps to know people out there care :)

Idiots. They know nothing. So many people in general think Disney is just for kids. I just sent a friend on probably his last family trip (kids are grown). I coached him on things aside from Fantasyland at the MK (all he really thought of Disney because all he had done before). They had the best vacation of their entire family history. Gee, guess Disney isn't just for kids.

I tell them to"shut-up'nicely,we are never too old,basically it keeps me young and keeps my mind off other worries in life!

Some of my ex-collegues also made fun of me, because each time someone was going on a holiday, I would ask them to look for a DVD or CD from Lion King in that language, lol (I did once get the Greek DVD as a gift from a co-worker, when they went on holiday there, so that was nice, but she didn't really understand why she had a look for it, haha).

I really don't care what people think.
I just shrug it off. No need in getting all wind up about it.
I know what it means to me, and that's all that matters.

One of my ex-boyfriend collected Pokemon cards, and he was the same age I am (and 27 at the time), so he totally understand what I was doing, haha.

Tinkerbelle1956 is right what too old I am 60 tell them to take a hike or get their own hobby they are jealous that is all enjoy it while you can Just my opinion!

I dont think you can put "an age" on when you're too old to collect something, if you enjoy it, and its fun then who's to judge!? Sure some people may not get the pin collecting thing, but then theres a lot of hobbies that people dont know much about, just becasue they dont personally like the idea of collecting pins doesnt make it wrong, or for kids.....Educate them a bit, they may well see the other side and take up the hobby themselves lol!! :)

Ignore those people!! A huge majority of people that I see trading are over 40. I'm in that category and I love collecting and trading.

Yes!!! This annoys me SO much!!! But for me I usually get Disney in General and not just the pins! They say like "Disney is for kids, you should grow up"

Firstly:

You're dead if you only aim for kids. Adults are only kids grown up anyway - Walt Disney

:p

People should never make you feel bad for liking the things you do!! My dad used to tell me to grow up alot, but now I think he likes that this is my passion, cause he'd rather this then me spending all my money on alcohol and drugs etc! (not that theres anything wrong with drinkin ^_^ i just personally choose not to)!

Luckily my boyfriend loves me for who I am and doesnt judge me! Although he isnt a disney fan, he enjoys the movies but he's not a fan, he accepts that I am. So i'm lucky in that sense :)! I just hate that people are so judgemental! Heaven forbid people like different things!!!

I've been collecting since I was 11 and its a hobby I enjoy so I'm not going to stop just because I'm now 22! Sure, kids laugh at me for liking Disney but I honestly don't care! I'd rather be doing this than be going out getting drunk making a fool of myself and pulling random men, falling into gutter in high heels with my skirt round my neck! Like most ppl at uni do at my age apparently!

Be proud to be both a Disney fan and a pin collector

HAHA this is exactly what my univeristy is like!

I don't understand why some people feel the need to put others down. We all enjoy different things in life and thats fine. Collect what you want and enjoy what you want, don't let anyone else try and tell you what you should like. Changing for others will only make you miserable and people that don't understand that don't deserve your time.

I took my family to Disney and heard about pin trading and figured I would give it a try. My wife, kids and mother in law all thought I was weird and too old for pin trading. By the end of the first HOUR they were all begging me for pins so they could trade. So once they were educated about trading they loved it. We even got my oldest daughters boyfriend to start trading and now he is addicted. I really wish they thought trading was only for kids again. The competition for pins in my house is too much. Lol. So if someone says your too old for pin trading, just remember that when going after your holy grail they won't be bidding against you. Lol

I'm in love with Disney since 22 years (my actual age!)!!! ^^ I started collecting pins this year and even if I don't have many friends who love this hobby, I don't care!!
This hobby makes me happy, so why should it be wrong? I collect other stuff like Manga, Anime and Comics and most of the people think that these things are for children!!
I don't care, I am not the person who want to convince other people that one thing is better or is more right than another one.
You don't like pins? Who cares!! :lol: I live perfectly even if a person doesn't like them or if he/she can't understand me! I have my thoughts and I can explain my reasons to other people who don't like my hobby but if at the end they still won't like pins,it's not a problem for me.
Everyone has the right to think what he wants. The most important thing is always be yourself and don't be ever afraid or ashamed about what you love :bigthumb:

tumblrlhaoyxydjb1qbjbox.jpg

d701540618a02e12d64aa23.jpg

"Too many people grow up" -Walt Disney
The premise of Disney is to create magic for all ages, so pin trade 'til your hearts desire. And if someone gives you a funny look, feel bad that they can't just feel the magic and happiness like you can. :)

Very much agreed. I'm trying so badly to get my sister into going back to Disneyland and do the pin trading but her boyfriend of 30 hates disney so much he projected that onto her and they both look at me like wow. I told them about how many pins I have and they say that's a lot and people are stupid to spend $100 on a pin. Thankfully I have a husband that supports me and also enjoys to do the pin trading as well, though he not overly obsessed like I am :)

You're never too old for pin trading :). I'm 18 years old, turning 19 soon, and I absolutely love it! (Although, 18 might be seen as young to some people).

I hate when people feel the need to say how bad something is and try and get you to stop liking it!! it's so annoying!! When me and my boyfriend get a house we made a compromise that there will be one room dedicated soley to my disney collection hehe, with the odd ornament around the house ^_^

I don't tell them anything. I either go for the evil eye or a certain finger. After all, at 28 I also collect AG dolls and MLP things. Disney Pins are a small collection, I can afford it, it's not causing my bills to go unpaid. I do what makes me happy and silly stuff like Ponies, Stitch, and 1/3 scale historical dresses make me happy.

I enjoy my toys just as much as my grown up "toys" (scuba, photography, shooting, fast cars). Plus, this is FAR less expensive. :). One can't always drop 2.5G on new dive gear, but I usually have 20 bucks for a pin.

There is a reason that they have made the special green lanyards that are just for kids. That alone shows that they expect older people to be trading as well. Pin collecting is just like any other hobby. All ages should be included!

I hope were not to old 70 and Wife is 69 . We collect with our kids and grandkids and have been, longer than most cast members have been alive, we have pins that Disney gave away at the gate for there anniversarys.
So you are never to oldto collect anything Disney,I have a very dear friend that works at WDW He's 84 ,anb he dose it to trade pins with the guest ,and yes he and his wife also collect Disney pins.
Think for ever young.
John & Linda

When I first started trading, I felt that I was a bit out of place and was a bit nervous approaching CMs. Now I don't even care... and I find the more excited I am, the more excited they are. You just have to own it!

Or punch them in the throat for being judgmental.

Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back