• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

People are so judgemental

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are so judgemental

DisneyLover1987

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What do you say when people say your little to old to be collecting pins? I'm 26 years old and I'm a kid at heart, but I feel like some part of me says to maybe listen and actually think yeah maybe I am a little too old. So what I would like to know your thoughts or opinions on this? What do you usually say or do and how to get pass these judgemental people.

NO WAY! You are never too old to collect/trade pins!

BUT, Yeah... I am 20 and when I was trading in the parks I got some weird looks from cast members... :/

My boyfriend and I are both 33 and collect pins. Its what we like to do and if you like it too then that is fine there is nothing wrong with it, don't let anyone tell you different.

Don't let other people bother you about it if it's what you like to do. I am 31 and am a proud and happy pin trader =)

age doesn't matter. Who cares? I'm sure there are countless families out there who collect as a family. I've met people of all ages that trade at the park.

I'm 28, 29 this July, and there's no one in the world who could tell me I'm too old for collecting pins. That's like saying you're too old for Disney and Walt Disney himself never thought adults should be outcast from his works.

I've never heard of anyone being too old to get their picture taken with Mickey Mouse, or too old to ride Dumbo, so, no. You are not too old for collecting.

I'm 28, 29 this July, and there's no one in the world who could tell me I'm too old for collecting pins. That's like saying you're too old for Disney and Walt Disney himself never thought adults should be outcast from his works.

I've never heard of anyone being too old to get their picture taken with Mickey Mouse, or too old to ride Dumbo, so, no. You are not too old for collecting.

Exactly! I look at it as tho there are two kinds of people on this world (1) people who like disney (2) people who don't. And no matter what you do- whether you collect pins or not- nothing will convince the second group that disney is okay. So might as well just enjoy Disney and not care what others think ;D

Omg thank you guys I appreciate the support. All of you guys are right you can never be to old to enjoy something you love to do and I love pin trading. But I know what you mean with CMs looking at you weird I get that sometimes too :(

There's no such thing as being too old for Disney... Or any hobby in my opinion :). Plus, to me, the pins are all little pieces of art... There are plenty of simply GORGEOUS pins that a child just could not appreciate the same way an adult would.

Dont worry about people who make comments like that. If you love it, then keep doing it. Honestly, I would think pin trading was more for adults anyways. I've never seen a teenager pin trader over at the tables at disney... nor do I think they'd have the money for the habit... I barely do XD

people who don't get the whole thing think its strange odd and silly, but then those people saying stuff like your to old have there own thing for spending there money on, be it alcohol or activities so at least you have something to show for it :)

You are never too old to collect anything, it doesn't matter what it is either. If you enjoy it then that's all that matters :)

:nono: Shame on people who judge

Wow, I never heard of anybody being too old for pins, or even Disney! :lol:
Don't listen to the people who are saying stuff like that LOL... surely the amount of serious adult collectors swamps the amount of child collectors? I don't get how anyone could say you're too old :lol: <3

I've had that said to me too. I collect disney plush toys to some degree too. I have a 5ft tall simba! People think I'm weird/nuts, but hey at least I have an interest!

I've been collecting since I was 11 and its a hobby I enjoy so I'm not going to stop just because I'm now 22! Sure, kids laugh at me for liking Disney but I honestly don't care! I'd rather be doing this than be going out getting drunk making a fool of myself and pulling random men, falling into gutter in high heels with my skirt round my neck! Like most ppl at uni do at my age apparently!

Be proud to be both a Disney fan and a pin collector

I've been collecting since I was 11 and its a hobby I enjoy so I'm not going to stop just because I'm now 22! Sure, kids laugh at me for liking Disney but I honestly don't care! I'd rather be doing this than be going out getting drunk making a fool of myself and pulling random men, falling into gutter in high heels with my skirt round my neck! Like most ppl at uni do at my age apparently!

Be proud to be both a Disney fan and a pin collector
Oh yeah, this! I've no interest in going out clubbing and getting so drunk I can't walk. Infact I've never really been that person. I'd much rather have a night on the sofa with a cuppa and some Disney movies. I'm also 22 (23 in a month)

Sorry but no one is ever too old to collect anything im 21 and i live for disney it is my life that is why i have just started collecting pins they are just so judgemental that they are not into the pin trading buisness i would say carry on with your pins if you love trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back