• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I was the one defending your post in the first place because it was not coming off very well to others and now you attack me for disagreeing with one part of what you wrote? I'm sorry, but your behavior is ridiculous. To me, you are coming off as very angry and rude.

Please explain to me how you have any basis for saying that "MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BOUGHT SCRAPPER ARE NOT CLOSE TO THE PARK"??? It makes absolutely no sense. You have no way of knowing that! Just because you see a lot of people located near the parks buy scrapper lots on ebay doesn't mean that most of the people that have never bought them don't live near the park. You are drawing a conclusion with absolutely nothing to back it up. If you had said, "notice that most of the people buying scrapper lots are near the park" then that would have made sense. I'm now assuming that is what you were getting at even though that is not what you said at all.

Yes, I can read what people write, and it was written poorly. Your posts are costantly full of loose ends and unsupported claims and now you get angry because someone doesn't agree with what you wrote? I've always tried giving you the benefit of the doubt and have taken the off-center things you have said with a grain of salt, but I'm done.

I wasn't going to say anything about this, but if I'm going to be accused of picking apart your post I might as well do so. In your first post you said:

That was an outright lie and you know it. You, the self-proclaimed scrapper expert, traded ME a scrapper (actually two but I I only told you about the one because I didn't notice the second one until later and just let it go). So if you want to climb up on your high horse and call people out then perhaps you should start with yourself.
Shame on me for not going back and reading all of the post. I only look at new post and do my comments from there so I dont recall what someone may have said previously. They may have said something nice, but then later something mean so I go by whats most current.

Also, I did in fact happen to send you a scrapper. I never claimed to be all knowing and while I had one in Lizzies book and an extra, we traded. As soon as you told me, I was both embarrased and wanting to correct it immediatly.

I think there is a difference between buying a lot and trading the knowingly and sending pins and one was a scrapper. I believe it was a dalmatian pin and series was spelled incorrectly. I immediatly said I would correct the problem.

But I really dont need to defend that. You were calling me out and if my writing sounded harsh, well, maybe there were. On eBay, you can see all who purchase (except private auctions) and 90% of the people have where they are located.

It is not tough to see that the majority (MAJORITY) of the buyers are close to the park.
Once again, I stress I never said ALL, I said most and that is based on actual ebay sales.

Some people can find fly S#*T in pepper and I think you get off track of the purpose of a thread and look for something to pick apart. Maybe I should have a writer check all my post before posting God forbid you take something incorrectly.

Yes, I have traded with you before and believe it was a large multi pin trade, and yes, you were very fair in return. I may talk smack but would still trade with you. This happened with someone else and we are good to go.

But why dont you also mention that my first reaction was that I wanted to make good on the (scrapper) I had sent and it was in no way intentional. As a matter of fact, There is another trader who needed the same pin and was the one who brought it to my attention that you can tell by the mispelling. I traded for the pin as it is not on any of the scrapper list either.

Go ahead and slam me but look at all of the trades I have done and I can assure you I have never knowingly sent a scrapper and if someone felt I did, I would make good on it immediatly. I can almost guarantee that everyone has some in their trades but just dont know it.

As geoff mentioned, if you do it knowingly, its one thing. So slam away. The whole point here is that which is mentioned in the title: so you say you you would never buy scrappers.

The sad part is I traded a good real pin for the one I sent you.

So I guess, thanks for sticking up for me and thanks for calling me out and questioning my ways of finding this information.

BTW Fly crap looks just like pepper. But I'll bet you find some............

And as Charlie Sheen once said....."WINNING!" ok, now let the sheen slams start.

All of you, now kiss and make up. I will give each of you a pin ;)

Let's be one happy family again and keep the crazy uncle in the closet.

Pretty please ...

Couldn't agree more. calling people out is not ethical either, is not your business to do so, plus u can accuse of somebody doing so, but u can't prove it till your actually see the person with a bag of scrappers at the park trading them. i just think immature people(which is weird, because most people here are full grown ups) who are acting like little kids causing drama, have taken this subject in a complete different direction than it should had taken. this was to discuss the fact that some people are doing this, and is unethical, but not a crime, however calling these people out makes u better than them? IDK, but i don't think so. i really lost respect for some people here with this subject, because some people really showed me how much unnecessary drama they can cause and how immature can they be.

+1.

Shame on me for not going back and reading all of the post. I only look at new post and do my comments from there so I dont recall what someone may have said previously. They may have said something nice, but then later something mean so I go by whats most current.

Also, I did in fact happen to send you a scrapper. I never claimed to be all knowing and while I had one in Lizzies book and an extra, we traded. As soon as you told me, I was both embarrased and wanting to correct it immediatly.

I think there is a difference between buying a lot and trading the knowingly and sending pins and one was a scrapper. I believe it was a dalmatian pin and series was spelled incorrectly. I immediatly said I would correct the problem.

But I really dont need to defend that. You were calling me out and if my writing sounded harsh, well, maybe there were. On eBay, you can see all who purchase (except private auctions) and 90% of the people have where they are located.

It is not tough to see that the majority (MAJORITY) of the buyers are close to the park.
Once again, I stress I never said ALL, I said most and that is based on actual ebay sales.

Some people can find fly S#*T in pepper and I think you get off track of the purpose of a thread and look for something to pick apart. Maybe I should have a writer check all my post before posting God forbid you take something incorrectly.

Yes, I have traded with you before and believe it was a large multi pin trade, and yes, you were very fair in return. I may talk smack but would still trade with you. This happened with someone else and we are good to go.

But why dont you also mention that my first reaction was that I wanted to make good on the (scrapper) I had sent and it was in no way intentional. As a matter of fact, There is another trader who needed the same pin and was the one who brought it to my attention that you can tell by the mispelling. I traded for the pin as it is not on any of the scrapper list either.

Go ahead and slam me but look at all of the trades I have done and I can assure you I have never knowingly sent a scrapper and if someone felt I did, I would make good on it immediatly. I can almost guarantee that everyone has some in their trades but just dont know it.

As geoff mentioned, if you do it knowingly, its one thing. So slam away. The whole point here is that which is mentioned in the title: so you say you you would never buy scrappers.

The sad part is I traded a good real pin for the one I sent you.

So I guess, thanks for sticking up for me and thanks for calling me out and questioning my ways of finding this information.

BTW Fly crap looks just like pepper. But I'll bet you find some............

And as Charlie Sheen once said....."WINNING!" ok, now let the sheen slams start.

I feel like I'm on a DPF version of PUNKED!? Ashton??? Ashton.....where are you?

The only reason I called you out was because that last post really pushed me over the edge. I don't see how anything I said before that was mean, I just didn't agree with what you wrote, which now we know was not phrased with the meaning you intended. But, I still don't think you are getting the point of what I was saying in the first place. The issue has nothing to do with whether you used the word "all" or "most", nothing to do with it at all. The way you phrased it was the negative of what you actually meant. You were specificlaly referring to the people that had NEVER purchased scrappers. I did read it and the way it was put didn't make sense so I questioned it. What torked me off is that you came out insinuating that I have no reading comprehension skills when what you wrote clearly wasn't what you think you wrote and that felt very much like the pot calling the kettle black.

And that is what led me to disclose that you had traded me a scrapper in the past. I didn't purposely withhold the information about you making it right, you did. I just didn't include it because it was irrelevant. I don't like the scrapper situation either, but you can't come on her blasting people and threatening to call them out and then make the statement that you had never traded a scrapper because it is untrue. You have traded scrappers after the point in time that you made several informational posts on scrappers. I don't think you traded them to me on purpose and I never said you did. But you can't go touting that you have never traded one because that is not true. If is ok for you to do it then why can't these people that you are accusing say, "well, I never bought scrappers because I didn't know they were scrappers even though I should know better by now". That is a double standard. The best you can do is say that you never knowingly traded one which is something they likely can't say truthfully.

I'm sorry I called you out. I just felt that you were getting a bit out of hand with the ebay links, then bashing my intelligence, and threatening to disclose whoever these people are.

You joked about having a writer look over your stuff, but seriously, perhaps you should have someone else read threads like these through before you post them. I think your intentions are for the most part good and that you do put some thought and research behind them, but the delivery is sometimes off the mark. This is the internet, you have to be more careful about what you write and how it will be perceived. Just because the way you phrase something makes sense to you when you when you write it doesn't mean it is going to make sense to someone else when they read it. And especially when starting controversial topics such as this, it is even more important that you clearly articulate what it is you are trying to say. If you post something full of holes people are left to fill in the blanks themselves and if they don't fill in the blanks with what you were thinking you can't get mad at that. You need to do your very best up front and then respectfully clarify, elaborate, or correct later if needed.

Once again, just to point it out since some people seem to get a little confused. Technically, it is not an ethical issue. Yes, it is wrong ethically to knowingly trade counterfeit for real pins. Put the thing is, it IS illegal. So just reducing it to an ethical or moral issue does not give the issue enough credit. It is against the law to knowingly possess, sell, buy, or trade counterfeit materials.

A good metaphor would be something like this; if a guy came up to you, and gave you a $10.00 bill for $1.00, and you knew he made it in his mom's basement, then go out and use that $10 bill to buy something, anything, isn't that against the law? While that might sound a little silly, pins would fall under the same state and federal laws.

I feel like I'm on a DPF version of PUNKED!? Ashton??? Ashton.....where are you?

The only reason I called you out was because that last post really pushed me over the edge. I don't see how anything I said before that was mean, I just didn't agree with what you wrote, which now we know was not phrased with the meaning you intended. But, I still don't think you are getting the point of what I was saying in the first place. The issue has nothing to do with whether you used the word "all" or "most", nothing to do with it at all. The way you phrased it was the negative of what you actually meant. You were specificlaly referring to the people that had NEVER purchased scrappers. I did read it and the way it was put didn't make sense so I questioned it. What torked me off is that you came out insinuating that I have no reading comprehension skills when what you wrote clearly wasn't what you think you wrote and that felt very much like the pot calling the kettle black.

And that is what led me to disclose that you had traded me a scrapper in the past. I didn't purposely withhold the information about you making it right, you did. I just didn't include it because it was irrelevant. I don't like the scrapper situation either, but you can't come on her blasting people and threatening to call them out and then make the statement that you had never traded a scrapper because it is untrue. You have traded scrappers after the point in time that you made several informational posts on scrappers. I don't think you traded them to me on purpose and I never said you did. But you can't go touting that you have never traded one because that is not true. If is ok for you to do it then why can't these people that you are accusing say, "well, I never bought scrappers because I didn't know they were scrappers even though I should know better by now". That is a double standard. The best you can do is say that you never knowingly traded one which is something they likely can't say truthfully.

I'm sorry I called you out. I just felt that you were getting a bit out of hand with the ebay links, then bashing my intelligence, and threatening to disclose whoever these people are.

You joked about having a writer look over your stuff, but seriously, perhaps you should have someone else read threads like these through before you post them. I think your intentions are for the most part good and that you do put some thought and research behind them, but the delivery is sometimes off the mark. This is the internet, you have to be more careful about what you write and how it will be perceived. Just because the way you phrase something makes sense to you when you when you write it doesn't mean it is going to make sense to someone else when they read it. And especially when starting controversial topics such as this, it is even more important that you clearly articulate what it is you are trying to say. If you post something full of holes people are left to fill in the blanks themselves and if they don't fill in the blanks with what you were thinking you can't get mad at that. You need to do your very best up front and then respectfully clarify, elaborate, or correct later if needed.

OK, look. How many LONG WINDED post have I done? Way too many. I am never short on words. I am not worried about imporper grammer (spelled it wrong on purpose cause I know I would get a reaction) My point is, I talk so much I lose track. Cant help it. ADD, ADHD, eieio and many other things.

I would hope people just read it and get the point. Yes, I have always used poor choices for words like I should have said I have never KNOWINGLY sent a scrapper. Yours probably is not the only one either. I am sure many of us have without knowing.

This is about people who knowingly buy them, not trade for them accidently and use them for their benifit. You are a pretty cool person, I like you but as another member here once told me, I will debate like there is no tomorrow, but I will still trade with you.

I answered the way I did to get a reaction. I am a sick person who loves to spark debate. Yes, this is a fun forum and too many people take it way too serious.
Would I ever call someone out? It that ethical? Is it allowed? NO! I have had countless people PM me and ask who these people are. I refuse to say as my information is based solely on eBay and there is no telling for sure. This is speculation but with some good evidence behind it. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, taste like a duck ...oops I mean bottom line is its a duck.

So once again for the record and with corrections added. "I HAVE NEVER KNOWINGLY SENT A SCRAPPER IN A TRADE" WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES BUT THIS IS ABOUT SEASONED TRADERS WHO KNOW WHAT SCRAPPERS ARE, AND CONTINUE TO BUY LOTS WHILE TALKING SMACK ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DO IT WHEN ITS REALLY THEM.

Juan, GOOD ONE! I think someone left the lid off and I can always count on you for some good humor.
Church Pews?

So in closing, dont take personal what I say. To me its all about debating. If you look at as a slam, it is a slam. Its all in the eyes of the beholder. My best friend can disagree with me and I will talk smack. But, were still best friends.

Now can we get back to the point?

I have never knowingly sent a scrapper to someone for a trade.
So you say you would never buy scrappers.

Hey, on a closing note, I have traded for scrappers. Those vinylmations that are copies of buttons, Max wanted them. But I traded a real pin for like 5 or 6 of them. Thats fair so I guess I am guilty of trading FOR scrappers but for our personal collection. Slam me now for supporting scrappers. But wait, they are not scrappers because they are not a left ofer or copy of an existing pin. They are fantasy pins.......whew! off the hook.

WINNING, just a few to go.......lol

PS If ya cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen. The one thing you can almost always count on is my post like this will always spark debate and have someone eventually get slammed (usually me) I just wanted to see if anyone would actually admit they have given in and bought scrappers but then everyone may hate them. I knew no-one would and the responses are exactly what I expected.

Do people really even read what I write? I guess some do.

And if I did do scrappers, they would be really good quality ones, not those cheap ones. (let the bashing begin, I mean continue)

Will you accept pins in lew of cash for some of those cookies? YUMMY!

Melonballer Brand cookies unfortunately do not have a location in Southern California. I have thought about setting up a table "1 pin = 1 cookie" at a PTN, but Disney would probably not approve. Of course if a person handed me a scrapper, I would have to give them a Chips Ahoy instead. "Chips Ahoy, the scrappers of the Chocolate Chip cookie world"

Erudolf, it's not worth it. Seriously, it's like slamming your head against a brick wall repeatedly- doesn't change the wall, but you end up with a migraine.

Couldn't agree more. calling people out is not ethical either, is not your business to do so

This, I have to disagree with...it becomes our business when people try and trade them to us, thus defrauding us.

Honestly, this thread was asking for it to begin with- Dan's whole point seems to be to point out the fact hat we have hypocrites, and shame them. Problem is, these people have no shame if they're doing this to begin with. Therefore, the whole thread is kind of pointless unless you're willing to name names!

In the end, there are only 2 types of people who buy scrapper lots- newbies who don't know better yet, and those that DO know better, but have no moral compass and a lot of greed. This, we already knew. So unless you're willing to call people out and start an even BIGGER flame war, there's NOTHING that this thread brings to the table.

Honestly, this thread was asking for it to begin with- Dan's whole point seems to be to point out the fact hat we have hypocrites, and shame them. Problem is, these people have no shame if they're doing this to begin with. Therefore, the whole thread is kind of pointless unless you're willing to name names!

In the end, there are only 2 types of people who buy scrapper lots- newbies who don't know better yet, and those that DO know better, but have no moral compass and a lot of greed. This, we already knew. So unless you're willing to call people out and start an even BIGGER flame war, there's NOTHING that this thread brings to the table.

Ah ~ I always love abyssinian28's responses to post like these ~ a calm ~ wise ~ voice of reason!

Ah ~ I always love abyssinian28's responses to post like these ~ a calm ~ wise ~ voice of reason!

LOL! Dawn, I seriously can't tell if that was a serious compliment, or a very tongue-in-cheek reply...hehe.

Let's just say it was calmer than some of my replies, but perhaps not as calm as the threads I'm just chilling in. :)

I'm going to just start replying in Kurt Hummel gifs if this thing gets much crazier, though. Boy can pull funny expressions like no one else...

Last edited:
Well, if this thread causes even one of those DPFers who are doing this to stop doing it, the thread was well worth it! Dan, great post.

I won't say it's impossible, but I would say that's highly improbable. After all, they already knew it was wrong, and decided it was worth it to keep doing it. People like that usually need more than a forum post to change their moral compass to North.

LOL! Dawn, I seriously can't tell if that was a serious compliment, or a very tongue-in-cheek reply...hehe.

Let's just say it was calmer than some of my replies, but perhaps not as calm as the threads I'm just chilling in. :)

I'm going to just start replying in Kurt Hummel gifs if this thing gets much crazier, though. Boy can pull funny expressions like no one else...

See, it is sometimes hard to tell what people mean when there are no words and just letters saying it. What tone was it in? How was it said?
Other than naming people, you nailed it. Some people see it for what it is. This is a forum. We post topics. If we were together in a conversation, we will probably have different views. Thats what I look for is everyones views.

Of course, everyone reads deeper and if I make one misteak, they will be all over me. (Mistake spelled wrong but ya probably almost wanted to jump on me) I dont take anything here personal. People have slammed me and I trade with them the next day. Its not about liking someone or not, its about debate, views, opinions.

I dont agree with everything my friends do, we debate, argue but at the end of the day, we are still friends. I like cherry, you like chocolate.
Dont lose the point of the thread. Then again, I did know it would be a crazy topic and expected this kind of result. Maybe that is why I did it. So many boring post..... No not yours so dont come yelling at me. We need excitement and controversal subjects.

On other sites, we could not even mention EBAY! This is freedom of speech and maybe some people dont want to discuss this because it hits home. Just like my pinpics thread that I got slammed for. I may present it poorly but the point is there and most just dont want to accept it, unless it benifits them. The truth can hurt.

And the forum rules are not to slam a person by name on a post even if there is proof. Only in PM's/ Thats why people talk about "THE LIST"
I guess just because you hold the bloody knife does not make you guilty. You have to see the crime. I mean really, OJ was innocent right?

I guess my ebay clues must be wrong too. And please people, I said MAJORITY, not all, I said MOST not all. There are exceptions to every rule except one, a scrapper is a scrapper no matter how you look at it and there is a difference between knowingly buying them and getting one in a trade and accidently trading it. (unless you knew)

WINNING on both ends!

Forgive me father for I have sinned, when I was new to pin trading I bought some pins on eBay that turned out to be counterfeit. Once I learned about them I did not by anymore so PLEASE FORGIVE ME FATHER!!!!!!

whew, now I feel better!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back