• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

~ Story's Writing Workshop ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
~ Story's Writing Workshop ~

Story

I Dream of Disney ;D
Rating - 100%
281   0   0

pin6551

Story's Writing Workshop

I have seen some amazing artists offer their work in exchange for pins or even just for fun, so thought I might give it a try :)

No, I am not an artist per se... at least when it comes to drawing. I offer my creative tidbits in words :)

I have been writing for nearly 8 years now, and have been freelance writing for 2 years. Poems, Short stories, long stories, unfinished stories, and the list goes on.

Now as far as offering my services, I'd be happy to write anything anyone would be interested in. Poems, short stories (even based off photos or art), even articles if you'd like. I am open to any suggestions as it's a new idea and I'm excited to see how it turns out and also happy if it helps me focus a little more on writing again =)

As far as 'trade' would go, I'd be happy to do it for easier pins to find on my want list, or even just random pins for simple projects. More complex projects (like stories based off of whatever you'd like to use however you wish), we can just treat as trading and see what would work for us both.

I also would not be opposed to trade for Vinylmations I'm currently on the lookout for (no 'hard to find' vinyls, just ones that are part of the open box series or current blind box series =) )

If you'd rather pay money, I would only charge a small amount depending on the project. Like poems would likely be $5, and short stories maybe between $5-10(?) depending on the length?
Since its an abstract idea, and each project is unique, we can always just talk about it and find something fair that works for both of us ;)

Like I said, this is just something I got thinking about and thought I might see if my 'expertise' were needed :) If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!!

Here's a few links to where you can find examples to my work:

Amazon Author Central Page

Yahoo Contributor Profile

Writing.Com Portfolio

Pepito the Blobito Project (you'll note the simplistic drawings and may understand why I'm not offering drawings =>)

Thanks for stopping by and if nothing else hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me and why I felt "Story" was a fitting alternative identity =)

Projects:

(Here I'll keep track of projects and a status of where I am at with the project)

Goofy_Moe ~ Pin Poem................. Done!

Catz ~ Hercules Adventure Story............... Working on Chapter 5 + Creating Brief Outline

Last edited:
Ok...I'm game. How about a different Hercules adventure. New villain. New situation. Same characters.

Pin 5581: TDL - Toy Series Mickey and 5582 Minnie.

Are you interested?

Ok...I'm game. How about a different Hercules adventure. New villain. New situation. Same characters.

Pin 5581: TDL - Toy Series Mickey and 5582 Minnie.

Are you interested?

Definitely! I do not know much about Hercules, but I'd still love to give it my best shot! =) Did you have in mind a short story like a mini adventure? Or were you thinking of something longer?

What a great idea! It's always so much fun to see what other writers do :)

My guilty pleasures have always been fanfiction and writing prompts haha

This is fabulous! Now I just need to go find something off your wants list... I'll be back... ;)

I love the idea but have nothing from your wants :( I would have loved a new little mermaid story :lol: i'll have 2 find you somthing :)

Aw, you guys are so kind - thank you! But absolutely no worries about finding something off my want list! Seriously, just any ol' pin would be okay! I just thought it'd be a fun way to interact with collectors and hopefully share something in the best way I can ^.^ stories will likely be short stories due to time I have, but hopefully I'll be able to do the disney characters you love justice! :)

What a great idea! It's always so much fun to see what other writers do :)

My guilty pleasures have always been fanfiction and writing prompts haha

Thank you as well! Writing prompts are so much fun! I haven't done much in the way of fanfiction, but I really love how writers can take existing characters and give them a whole new story to live in!

Last edited:
Hello! I wanted to ask your permission first about me starting a forum like this, but offering me drawing Disney instead? I love to draw and I thought this would be a really neat way to earn more pins by doing something I love! I wanted to ask your permission first because I didn't want you to think I was stealing your customers.

Thank you!
Gabby

Hello! I wanted to ask your permission first about me starting a forum like this, but offering me drawing Disney instead? I love to draw and I thought this would be a really neat way to earn more pins by doing something I love! I wanted to ask your permission first because I didn't want you to think I was stealing your customers.

Thank you!
Gabby

Hi Gabby, aw thank you but no need to ask me for permission! :) I've noticed a lot of members trade art and other talents for pins or just for fun here, so really I was inspired by all of them first :D Can't wait to see the kind of drawings you come up with! =)

OK Story... This may be a bit challenging since I do not want it to be too long, but say a lot...

How about a short poem for this pin...

Pin 80283: WDI - Lamppost Series #1 - (Winnie the Pooh & Brer Bear )

What I would like is a very short poem that I can put on my signature that says the things I like the most about pin trading... My Avatar is a good example, All Pin traders Welcome, The joy and happiness of our hobby, the wonderful people, the amazing art of the pins, the magic around Disney that puts a warm fuzzy feeling in our hearts, the exciting pursuit of our holy grails, things like that... What is really great about pin trading in a few lines of magical words out of a creative mind like yours...

Okay thanks!!! I haven't seen anyone trade art on here for pins, have I just not looked good? Anyways, thanks for replying! I love drawing so I can't wait to get started! Maybe we could actually connect our businesses and me draw some story art? I'm not the best, but I think I'm pretty good for a 13 year old. Not to toot my own horn or anything :lol:!

Hi Gabby, aw thank you but no need to ask me for permission! :) I've noticed a lot of members trade art and other talents for pins or just for fun here, so really I was inspired by all of them first :D Can't wait to see the kind of drawings you come up with! =)

OK Story... This may be a bit challenging since I do not want it to be too long, but say a lot...

What I would like is a very short poem that I can put on my signature that says the things I like the most about pin trading... My Avatar is a good example, All Pin traders Welcome, The joy and happiness of our hobby, the wonderful people, the amazing art of the pins, the magic around Disney that puts a warm fuzzy feeling in our hearts, the exciting pursuit of our holy grails, things like that... What is really great about pin trading in a few lines of magical words out of a creative mind like yours...

TRANSLATION: Basically he wants a poem all about me so he can put in his signature. :)

Goofy_Moe, I love this idea! I will see if I can think of something this week and will definitely pm you with progress updates at least by Friday! :) Hope I'll come up with something that you'll enjoy! =)

Okay thanks!!! I haven't seen anyone trade art on here for pins, have I just not looked good? Anyways, thanks for replying! I love drawing so I can't wait to get started! Maybe we could actually connect our businesses and me draw some story art? I'm not the best, but I think I'm pretty good for a 13 year old. Not to toot my own horn or anything :lol:!

Your welcome! Maybe they aren't around anymore or have not been bumped in a while? I could have sworn I've seen threads like that :dunno: I just checked your link and you do draw very well! I'm in awe of anyone with drawing abilities- the only thing that comes out right whenever I use a pencil are words! =P

TRANSLATION: Basically he wants a poem all about me so he can put in his signature. :)

:lol:!

Thanks... and it will be for all to enjoy from my sigy... Just make it from the heart on what this hobby means to you and I am sure it will be perfect... and Amy your are absolutely right...:hsd:

Talesoftobv created a trade thread for her art.

Updated first post with current projects. Thanks so much for the opportunity to share my work with you guys!! :hsd:

I would go nuts if you could re write the ending of Pocahontas 2! Haha! Nothing on your wants though:/

It can be anything, no worries about my want list! :) I can totally rewrite an ending for Pochahontas 2 if you'd like - I imagine you'd like it to be her and John Smith at the end, right? =)

P.S. There are quite a few members - talesoftobv and crashmyparty come to mind - that trade art for pins :) Creativeextremities trades avatars/signatures for pins, I think.

I need to make a thread for my art. If only I could find that camera battery charger so I could take pictures of some of my sketches... Best of luck with your thread Gabby! Your work is lovely :)

I need to make a thread for my art. If only I could find that camera battery charger so I could take pictures of some of my sketches... Best of luck with your thread Gabby! Your work is lovely :)

Thank you!! :) You definitely should! It's so fun seeing everyone's talent here. Everywhere I turn at DPF, there is another artist with some new wonderful work to share! =)

Updated first post with current projects and progress. I'm working on a side collaboration with someone, and also still working on one story. I might be able to squeeze in some short stories and poems though if anyone was interested. Thank you for all the fun work so far, though! You guys have really made it so much fun to start writing again! It can definitely be such a nice much needed distraction too ^.^

Last edited:
Updated progress on current projects. Between the murder story and the fun projects members have put me to work on, it's been nice to be writing so much lately! You guys are a good cure for writer's block! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back