• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Knights of DPF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nominate David too!! (docfish2u). David was just so kind and sweet and willing to answer all of my questions with DPF, and has given me such a wonderful welcome to this community.

Oh and he serves lots of back sass!

+10000 for Cats

its her fault we are in this crazy hobby. We met her 3 years ago in the park and she gave us a 10 min brake down of the hobby and than gave us each a pin to start us off. so i guss she is the one to thank and cuss for all this.. lol
thanks Cats... u rock!!!

Last edited:
Fireheadfred,

She inspires me wirh her kind words of motivation, she messaged me when I hit a low low spot, her words made me smile when I didn't think I had a muscle in my spirit to lift me.

Her talent blows me away and her giving spirit, I am honored to own one of her beautiful pieces.

And yes those most amazingly yummy chocolates.

A true blessing to have as a friend, always messaging me, how is my day going, she truly lifts my spirit. I wish I could meet you and your other half

And another Mickeymousje, another who reached out to me, so you all probably already know I suffer from depression, I am a very lonley spirit and was really In need of friends, I have had no social life till I came here and I thank each and everyone of you, I am open and honest when I say this, thank you mickeymousje for seeing I really needed someone to reach out to me, you would message me till I started feeling better, I need to do a better job and message all my new friends more often, you are such a wonderful, loving, person and honored to have your friendship.

And there are more I would knight, but im at work and break is over

Oh Kind, and generous Folk of DPF. I call upon these genteel people to step forward and kneel before mine throne of snowy beauty.

Hear all ye Members of thy community known as DPF. These folks have come upon mine royal attention as worthy of Knighthood! Stand forth and know, thy generosity and kindness have not gone un-noticed. Thy bravery and chivalrous actions shall hense for never be forgotten! So say I, Kathrine, Queen of the Snows!

Kneel, All ye who have been summoned and accept thy Pin Knighthood!

• Pinacolada (both of you)
  • Dizpinfreak
  • Theothersteve
  • Mickeymousje
  • crushbubbles
  • lovtbell
  • lostsunprincess
  • romancingtrain
  • thel91
  • Disneygirl33
  • Jadestarr
  • Bugcatcherjenna
  • Captainhookfan
  • Elysionprincess
  • Catz
  • Merryweather
  • Fireheadfred
Knighthood-Edmund_Leighton_Wallpaper_m5hj9.jpg

Hereafter given special title, for going above and beyond anything every expected of them.

• rasputin: Sir Darris, Dark Knight and Secret Hero of the Grail seekers.
  • Docfish2u: Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight, and from now unto the end of time, named Court Baron of DPF.

db_prussia_knighthood_medal1.jpg

Go Forth brave and generous Knights, create thy Arms and colors, Fly your flags high and proud!
stock-illustration-15289202-knighthood.jpg

Gis, Garret: Upon consideration, this court has chosen to name thee a Squire. Should thy efforts to be kind and generous be noted, WE (the royal we) shall consider elevation of your status to Knighthood.

6476751-word-cloud-concept-illustration-of-chivalry-knighthood.jpg

I nominate David (docfish2u), HandA, Crushedbubbles, Jrdnsmom, Thel, Merida90, Dalamara, Rasputin, Torianne-2008, laz, Aquata, Mali87 and many many others! The people I've nominated are always so kind and generous and most have become great friends and cheer me up when I'm sick :) I know there are another bunch of people I would like to nominate but this is my first list :lol:

Hear all ye Members of thy community known as DPF. These folks have come upon mine royal attention as worthy of Knighthood! Stand forth and know, thy generosity and kindness have not gone un-noticed. Thy bravery and chivalrous actions shall hense for never be forgotten! So say I, Kathrine, Queen of the Snows!

Kneel, All ye who have been summoned and accept thy Pin Knighthood!

• Pinacolada (both of you)
  • Dizpinfreak
  • Theothersteve
  • Mickeymousje
  • crushbubbles
  • lovtbell
  • lostsunprincess
  • romancingtrain
  • thel91
  • Disneygirl33
  • Jadestarr
  • Bugcatcherjenna
  • Captainhookfan
  • Elysionprincess
  • Catz
  • Merryweather
  • Fireheadfred

Aww ... I have been knighted while I was asleep last night .. LOL ... Thank you Marisa & Sebe for naming me and thank you our royal Queen. It does not get better than this :lol:

I have been on DPF almost for 2 yrs now and I met many many fine people here, so my list would be a very long one if I have to make such a list.

Instead, I am going to be a suck up and nominate the admin Bricklayer, Cicada and although he has been MIA TheJessta, and our selfless mods Dancecats and Grim (although he is cooking for other people and not us .. .boooo .. ), and very sweet and always willing to help correspondents Tiggermickey and TheOtherSteve.

Without them and their contribution, we would not have this platform to trade, chat, laugh, gripe and go on with our drama. And where would I post my awesome Charlies then?? Hmmmm ????

Well, like so many others, I'm going to nominate David (Docfish2u) and Darris (Rasputin). Both surprised me with wonderful zaps a little while ago when things had really gotten to a low point here with me. Things actually managed to get worse soon after, but putting these two new shiny goodies in my pin bag gave me something to smile about when I was having trouble smiling at all. But more than the material, I don't think I had ever spoken with David before, and probably very little with Darris in chat and to have them think of me at all and at such a rough time was really something. Talk about something to smile about! Then to see and hear about all of the generous zapping that they've been doing around the forum...that shows a couple of very large hearts that more than deserve a great deal of gratitude and appreciation.

I also nominate Garret (gis). Because weirdos in pink dresses need love too :)

Last edited:
I dont know if I qualify but,
I do medieval battle re-enactment,i do have a harness of armour and swords
And we recreate the medieval way of life,ie medieval tent and cooking
We follow the code on and of the field

As to pins,,since joining the DPF in october I have sent many 'extra pins' in my trades,i have donated to all the fund raisers and help me out please threads
I dont have gail worthy trader tozap with ,no PODM,DSF ,UP Beloved tales or new rapunzel pins, and noone seams to need/want my older pins
What more can I do?

Last edited:
This is not only absolutely hilarious but extremely heartwarming! My turn to nominate knights!

Docfish2u (David): David was one of the first people on the forum who showed me extreme kindness. He helped me get situated, learn my way around, and offered to answer any questions I had about the forum or pin trading in general. He gifted me my first zap, a pin that was extremely sentimental to me, the LE 250 Elinor from the DS Brave set. When I posted my thread in the Zaps section, he was just so happy to see my reaction to it, it made me even more glad. He legitimately cares about the other members here, and is always trying to brighten up their days, whether it is with pins or with kind or funny words in a text post. He also is looking for ways to improve the forum. You go David!

Rasputin (Darris): Not only is he funny, but extremely generous. I think we all have seen the results of his crazy generosity! One wonders if he robbed a bank or won the lottery, of if his heart is just made of gold? (Or perhaps all of the above? Lol). Darris has zapped me twice, once with a Stitch PTD, and once with a VERY important grail pin. I never, ever trade zaps away, and they always go right on my keeper board. Darris is always hilarious in telling people when he gets them their grail pin, or what it is. I think Maya almost had a heart attack when he said hers over chat! I think maybe he gets a kick out of seeing people freak out, and I think that is absolutely wonderful :)

Oh gosh I have so many more, bear with me here:

Goofy-Moe: Even though that last thread was a little odd, I think we all know that Moe didn't mean it with ill intentions! He's just trying to make this place more fancy, so we can all enjoy it! <3 The time and effort he puts in to everything he does is just astounding, and he has made so many improvements for this forum over time. I can't imagine this place without pin auctions, I just think they are so exciting! And the games are always interesting, always giving opportunities for someone to get a grail pin.

J'aimie! (Lost-sun-princess): This girl is fabulous. She gleams and glows, she lets her power shine. She is always so grateful to receive anything, whether she got it for free or paid a billion zillion dollars for it. She's a hard worker, and she's a lover, not a fighter ('cause way down deep inside she's got a dream!). Always expressing kindness and generosity, J'aimie is the gal to be!

Garret (Gis): Garret sends me weird texts

Kupo! Kupo is also very grateful for people pointing out pins to him. Even if he can't afford them, he is always very gracious about declining. Or, when he can accept, he is very grateful too! He is also a great helper in trying to make the forum more fancy, and is always making suggestions or helping out whenever he can! I think its totally awesome and chivalrous. :D

PrinceEric: Who else would call pins sexy? Prince Eric is always thinking of fun ways to be kind, courteous and generous here, with his fun Limited Time Magic and other games/giveaways! Even if he isn't treated nice, he still turns around and puts a smile on my face!

There are more...I've just recovered from pulling an all nighter during midterms (36 hours of no sleep with 4 classes? Bring it on! lol). I will rest and post more knights! Bwa ha ha.

Edit: I just saw that I was nominated?! J'aimie darling you made me cry!! <3

Last edited:
By all means your majesty. But as Meghan's huntsman (read: assassin) you have insulted my honor and hers by association. I requested your heart, but my Lady is forgiving and only requests your right hand on a plate. Her word is my binding. We shall see if your so call knights do indeed protect you from this "squire."

I nominate Pin_Pal aka Martin.

He's been so kind, and helpful, and has been know to send me the occasional zap and he's just generally a really nice guy....he's helped me a lot, especially when I was a new trader, and I can always pm him for help and advice on trades...he never moans about me constantly asking him his opinion lol, and he always keeps a look out for possible pins I may be interested in, even picking some up for me when needed, at cost, and mailing them on to me.....he even camps out on crazy dsf releases for heavens sake!!!!!!!!:hsd: so I nominate him for a knighthood lol!!

May I also say that the dsf community in general are so friendly and welcoming, and helpful...it's really nice to be in the company on such nice people who happen to enjoy the same crazy hobby!!!!!!

I vote these people, I'm too lazy to type out why for each person, but they all are such kind a generous people who really make a difference here :)

-Romancing_Train
-Disneygirl333
-lovtbell
-dalamara
-bugcatcherjenna
-nathan95
-jkhogon
-agentofanarchy
-theothersteve
-jrndsmom
-gis
-docfish2u
-pyschopixie
-tiggermickey
-fireheadfred
-lostsunprincess
(sorry if I spelt anyones wrong)

All of you are great members!!! :D

Last edited:
I would like to nominate:

Docfish2u: For always being so generous and kind. I feel like could never repay the kind zaps he has sent me.
Tiggermickey: She is always ready for a trade and is always very patient and understanding. I think the forum would not be the same without her.
Pin_Pal: Martin put together the pin weight loss challenge and has been wonderful! He is so encouraging and positive!

I nominate Garret (gis):

He's always the first person willing to go out of his way for others. My great grandmother's housekeeper really wanted a Beauty and the Beast PODM, but couldn't camp out for it. Garret agreed to get her one, he braved the cold night, and in the morning, he had to push and shove his way through the mob of people trying to get wristbands. He ended up going to little green me to get the podms, where he encountered an old lady in a wheelchair trying to run him over. Luckily, he made it through that ordeal, although, the lady ended up on the ground.

I'm so thankful that Garret is such a wonderful member on the forum. He's always willing to go out of his way to help others! By the way, Maria really loved her PODM!

In no particular order:

I'd like to recognize jadestarr as my first knight. I had the honor of meeting Jade in person a few weeks ago and she just exudes warmth, generosity, fun and joy, even despite the pain she's often in due to a neck injury. She's offered me incredible insight and advice to achieve one of my ultimate goals, she cares so much for me and my family, and she's one of the most generous and selfless people I've ever had the privilege of knowing. Jade, you're truly an amazing friend and I hope to be your neighbor soon.

This made me tear up J'aimie. Thank you sooooo much! You are one very special gal too (and your Mom is as well, I can't WAIT to meet Dan!).

I nominate J'aimie who is sincere, kind and sweet!

I also nominate:
Rasputin (for all those crazy Grail zaps, noy do I wish I had piles of pins and or money, I'd be doing the SAME thing!)
fireheadfred (both Hollie and Karl!) for helping me get a pin hubby wants sooooo bad even though it's an LE 150!
Psycho Pixie for Zapping all 2013 (how awesome is THAT?)
Tiggermickey for her zapness too
bjean for being the Pin Fairy Godmother
and I will probably be back to nominate more lol

(and yes, I actually own real armor and whatnot too lol)
-Jade

Last edited:
My Knight in Shining Armor (one of them)

It was a dark and stormy night, leading up to the Mulan release at Disney’s Soda Fountain and Studio Store. Garret (gis) was camping over so he could get me the Mulan pins that had been been featured in DSF’s February flyer. Unfortunately, no arrangements had been made for the surprise pin when its release was made public on DSF’s Facebook page.

Frantically, I contacted Garret, who told me that the pin had already been promised to someone else. :rant: However, being the chivalrous, gallant and valiant soul that he is, Garret started to approach the hobos who were wandering aimlessly around Hollywood Boulevard. After some smooth talking and promises of hot coffee, courtesy of DSF, he managed to convince one to stand in line with him to get the surprise pin for me, even though it started hailing in Hollywood. :anxious:

The Mulan Jumbo pin is so beautiful and jumbo and it only cost me the retail price of $34.95!

Thank you brave, noble, and loyal Garret! :hsd:

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS! I LOVE YOU!!!

our list is huge. i mean huge! i dont think this is allowed and i will miss people because i will forget. i blame you guys. you are all too worthy!

Beeatingu: Marisa and Sebe are DA BOMB DIGGITY! one of the first people to talk to us here and have become great friends! we love chatting to them on Skype as much as we can and they always look out for us!

AgentOfAnachy: Mary-Lou is a sweetie pie! so good to talk to and always asks me how im doing! a pleasure and delight to know

Orlandoismycat: Rose, Steve and Becky are SHINY STARS! the moment we met them at the PTN they gave us great advice and made amazing trades! Told us all about their experiences and told us what Gomes are. not to mention there outstanding kindness!

Rasputin: CAN YOU BE ANY MORE GENEROUS! Angie and you are amazing! your such a laugh to talk to on chat and you have been so kind to us! you guys... there are too many FEELS!

Jrdnsmom: Janice, we ADORE you! seriously! karl and i are always talking about how amazing you are! we love hearing from you, hearing about you and Jordan and what you get up to! and your zap brought me to tears!

Garret, Meghan, Maya, Amanda, Erika, Jade, Jenna: <3 YOU GUUUUYS! WHY DO YOU THINK WERE ON CHAT SO MUCH?! WE LOVES YOU! your generous! your funny! you have such great stories! we love talking and trading, not to mention how much you've helped us!!! I COULD JUST SNUGGLE YOU ALL! MMMMMMMMMMMM SNUGGLE-BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( karl would pat you on the head friendly)

and because my mind has gone blank and i know i missing people if you scroll though and read. i nominate:

YOU!

im sorry i know its alot and i know i have missed people and they will feel sad but its not out of malace nor un-love its out of sheer fogretfulness xxxxxxxxxx

I nominate gis (Garret). He is such a great friend! He is always sending me zaps from DLR and DSF with the nicest notes! On the last pins, he wrote the cutest things on the card backs!
Lilo/Stitch (I love you!)
Daisy PTD (You are my flower!)
And an Up Chocolate box (Hi Babe, got this just for you, it reminded me of you and me!)

*SQUEE* It's so nice to have such an amazing friend in So Cal!!!!!!!

This is so great!

Orlandoismycat and Jadestarr:: SCA?

I am so happy when i read all these awesome stories of kindness and "chivalry" here on dpf!

Her Royal highness Knighted so many and I am certain she will be adding more to the list.

Docfish2u got A Baronial title! And Rasputin got a special designation! So fun!

Looks like Garret got more nominations, she may have to reconsider and move him to knighthood. I think she only gave him squire status because there were no stories of him being "worthy" when she did the ceremony. :) Now he has them. I shall petition her Royal Majesty myself.

Rasputin and Docfish2u

More gallant knights are as follows:

Rasputin (Darris): What a great guy! He's like a genie with endless wishes that he fulfills. Those endless zaps to so many people, it's a wonder he isn't a leprachaun with a limitlesss pot of gold.

Docfish2u (David): Yet another shining example of a selfless person. Always willing to help and zap!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back