• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK coming soon pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh great, i have 3 of your want, yeiiii, and u have mmmm, like 20 of mine, lol. well i guess i better take a pic of your wants and get some more tonight at the pin trading night so maybe i can get some more of those nice UK pins. :)
thnaks again. :)

OMG!!!!!!!
ive just got back in and seen the comin soon page,wot a let down,no new pins.
do you think the announcement by disney at the end of the month will be "no more pins,we cant be bothered any more"

Glad I didn't hang around for that! What a total joke. I hope that they're going to relaunch it properly, but seriously, does anyone actually think that??

I tell you what I would like to see happen - we get pin trading nights where exclusive pins are released. That would be fantastic.

Glad I didn't hang around for that! What a total joke. I hope that they're going to relaunch it properly, but seriously, does anyone actually think that??

I tell you what I would like to see happen - we get pin trading nights where exclusive pins are released. That would be fantastic.

Nah I dont think they will, its shocking that there was no new pins shown so all we can do is pester disney on facebook to explain themselves..as its appalling.

As soon as Cheshire and Pluto disappeared from the Coming Soon page, I could tell that that was the update and that no other pins would be added. We've had that blank space (with logo) before in the Core pin section, but this is the first time in the LE section. It doesn't look good at all I must say. Personally I think that this could be the end of UK Pin Trading. No re-launch, just the end.

If they're going to treat us like this, then I won't be upset if they stop doing UK pins. It'll be a chunk of money that I can either save or (more likely) use to buy US & French pins that I really want. I'd rather they just came out with it and said "it's not been popular enough because we are idiots of the highest order who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery, so we're no longer going to release pins in the UK", than carried on the way they are.

However, the more I think about it the more I like my idea of ptns at stores in the UK. Admittedly, it'd probably bankrupt me as I'd attempt to get every one possible, but wouldn't it be great? Getting our own, decent, highly sought after pins? I can see it now. Sigh, better get that optistic/hopeful side of me locked back up where it belongs!!! ;)

all I can say is we can comment in here all day long about how peed we are we should be on the facebook group asking them till they answer whats going on. they alienate us and treat us different...

VIVA REVOLUTION!!!!

I know it won't happen, but we can dream can't we? Can you imagine it, every month or 2 we coud all bundle into my car and head off to wherever it's being held! Trade to our hearts content and buy every pin in sight!

Lol, sorry Tanya, but PTNs in the UK is the last thing I can see happening. *Is a pessimist*

:p Dreaming is nice.

The thing I'll be most gutted about if they end Pin Trading here is this; we never ended up getting anything other than standard pins and sets. We got no jumbos, no pin bags, no framed sets...nothing. All this money that they could've had from us, if only they had done the things that we had asked for.

:p Dreaming is nice.

The thing I'll be most gutted about if they end Pin Trading here is this; we never ended up getting anything other than standard pins and sets. We got no jumbos, no pin bags, no framed sets...nothing. All this money that they could've had from us, if only they had done the things that we had asked for.

exactly!

they tried a sort of set with the sword series but then the sword series shouldnt of been released everywhere as that would of made the set more rare...

and if they are stopping it then they have the leftover stock of the shield sets that will sit and do nothing.

I think it's pretty clear with the recent fire sale of pins that they're stopping pins. I hope not, I really do, but we have to be realistic here. It's a damn shame as that will mean that we'll have to buy more pins from ebay just so that we're able to trade for other pins. The way I'll look at it though, is that we've had a good couple of years and got some good pins, and maybe it is time to stop if they can't commit themselves to pin trading in this country properly. It's not ideal, but they've had plenty of opportunities to do things the right way and give us what we want but they've ignored us. I just can't understand how with the recent pins that were selling out quickly, they think they can't make money from pins here. Until they started treating us badly, I was buying as many pins to trade as I could as well as the ones for my collection. The Stitch St Patrick's Day pin is one of the best pins they've done (in my opinion). They're messed up the release of it, but it's still a fantastic pin and everyone wants it. I recall someone saying they'd clocked up 200 miles driving around to stores to try to get that pin!

I personally travel all over the place for pin meets, I travelled down to Milton Keynes on my own for that event and I would travel all over the place for similar events if they held them. There are a lot of us collecting and trading in the UK. There could be a lot more people doing so if they'd put in the time and effort with it. Look at Sam's board that she set up when she worked at a store - she set up a lovely big board displaying all the pins in stock and they sold a lot more pins because of it. Disney hear about it and because it's not Disney approved, they have to remove the board. And you know what happened, the store's sales of pins reduced as a consequence. CMs can't show initiative even if they wanted to! If I was running that business I'd have given Sam a huge bonus and rolled out the idea to other stores. In fact, I'd have probably promoted her and got her travelling round to other stores to help advise them on how to encourage pin trading But then maybe i'm a bit biased there as she is a good friend of mine! Lol. You get the point though. Their own staff trying to promote and increase the sales of pins and they're treated like dirt. Says it all.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I'm Mrs Pessmist today. Can't find Miss Optimism anywhere at the moment!!! :)

It does really suck, It does seem like they are stopping judging by what has been happening with them selling off almost all the pins in the sale and now no pins in the coming soon section. However in saying this they have cleared out a lot of things in many of the disney store website sections - not just pins so perhaps it is the sign of a relaunch or a wave of new merchandise etc (we can but hope).
x

However in saying this they have cleared out a lot of things in many of the disney store website sections - not just pins so perhaps it is the sign of a relaunch or a wave of new merchandise etc (we can but hope).
x

i noticed this too.. there were some traditions they were selling off for a £1. hopefully it's to make way for new stuff!!

fingers crossed, but seeing that we are not happy, you would think disney would respond or bring forward this so called announcement to let us know whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back