• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What to do with scrappers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What to do with scrappers???

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I unfortunately received four scrapper pins off ebay! Just more bad news to add to a not so great few weeks, lol, long story!!! I was going to trade with someone, who uses them to make things, for a REAL pin. However, this trade fell through and I am unsure what to do with these pins now???:dunno::dunno: They are not pins I really want, just ones I bought so I could actually have some traders and try out this world of trading! Have not been able to trade as of yet, cause I don't have any traders except for these now known scrappers! Any suggestions from my amazing DPF family?

Thank you in advance,
Nate

Unfortunately I think it has been too long to return and get a refund?!?! I purchased them January 28th, but I am reporting the seller for sure!!! Just makes me mad that I didn't find out until this much later, ugh! Lady luck has not been on my side for like a year now though, lol, so I think I am getting used to it, haha! PM on its way!

This unfortunate event happened to me too! I just discovered my Walt's Classic Disney Collection 101 Dalmatian pins are scrappers! Shocking because they are so detailed with pin-on-pin, stained glass and glitter! But looking online, I see that cfcg93 is listed as a scrapper seller :/

If you don't really like them, pitch them. You probably don't have much invested in them so just let them go. Or if you decide you do want to keep them, you can make something from them. Or, just wear them like you would any other lapel pin. Just don't sell or trade them.

Sent you a pm about them.

MooMoopanda it is not wise to say the scammer's name on the boards. Just wanted to let you know.
This unfortunate event happened to me too! I just discovered my Walt's Classic Disney Collection 101 Dalmatian pins are scrappers! Shocking because they are so detailed with pin-on-pin, stained glass and glitter! But looking online, I see that cfcg93 is listed as a scrapper seller :/

Last edited:
You can turn them into magnets, or push pins. . .

In the past, I've done ultruistic scrapper collection (aka send me your scrappers for no other reason than to be rid of them and help contribute to a good cause) from the forum to use them as prizes/incentives for some of the kids with and without disabilities that I work with at the elementary school, as well as for an Autism Awareness walk. It may sound weird, but it works really well with certain students. For example, one of my boys would not do work and was beginning to present as a behavior problem as well. The muppets movie had just come out and he mentioned it to me during recess. Knowing that I had several muppets scrappers, I brought them in the next day and showed him them, telling him he could earn them throughout a work period. I'll be darned if we didn't see his behaviors decrease and work production increase for that period of time. As far as the AA walk, sadly due to a change in personnel, the walk was not held this year. :( So I will be holding onto them until next year's walk (hopefully we'll have it scheduled!!). As of date, I believe there's approximately 400 in a box somewhere in my apartment!!! lol

Last edited:
Thank you all!!! And I would only sell or trade the to someone who uses scrappers for other things, and they would fully know they are scrappers! And I am so sorry this happened to you too Moomoo!!! It is sad that people scam others!!!

I have thought of doing the scrapper collection because at my church we have a women's tea and all the women sell their hand made items and since I am getting married soon I figured that would help me out if I got my hands on a bunch of them so that I can make them in to magnets or what not.

Haven't done it yet because I would feel awkward making a board about people sending me their scrappers. If someone posts about scrappers and they don't want them I will send a private message about it.

You can turn them into magnets, or push pins. . .

In the past, I've done scrapper collection from the forum to use them as prizes for some of the kids I work with at the elementary school, as well as for an Autism Awareness walk. This year however, due to a change in personnel, the walk was not held. :( So I will be holding onto them until next year's walk (hopefully we'll have it scheduled!!). As of date, I believe there's approximately 400 in a box somewhere in my apartment!!! lol

I was debating on putting together a thread to collect some scrappers for an art project I was thinking of doing...

A type of photomosaic but with scrapper pins. Take a lot of "bad" pins and turn them into a really insane piece of art for my wall.

You are kind. Like I said in the pm if you and when you get any more scrappers send them my way. I want you to get that pin that we talked about. I'm more interested in you getting the pin you want then sending me the scrappers.

You just may end up getting a small amount of help with your wedding then!!! :hsd:

there is a memebr that uses them for a gift for kids she works with. They get a mark on the back and good to go.

This unfortunate event happened to me too! I just discovered my Walt's Classic Disney Collection 101 Dalmatian pins are scrappers! Shocking because they are so detailed with pin-on-pin, stained glass and glitter! But looking online, I see that ****** is listed as a scrapper seller :/

Most pins that have pin on pin elements, dangles, stain glass, glitter, basically any bells and whistles are not scrapped. It's not worth the money to scrap these pins. If they are scrapped they do not contain the extras and that's how you can tell the difference between the real deal and the fake. So, maybe the bad seller was selling some good pins with their fakes.

Most pins that have pin on pin elements, dangles, stain glass, glitter, basically any bells and whistles are not scrapped. It's not worth the money to scrap these pins. If they are scrapped they do not contain the extras and that's how you can tell the difference between the real deal and the fake. So, maybe the bad seller was selling some good pins with their fakes.

Thank you! That is definitely helpful information!!!

When I get a scrapper that I can't return or got it off a lanyard or from a trader, I put it in a ziplock baggy and sulk. LOL I hate scrappers. But recently the only ones I have gotten, I have been able to return! =D

When I get a scrapper that I can't return or got it off a lanyard or from a trader, I put it in a ziplock baggy and sulk. LOL I hate scrappers. But recently the only ones I have gotten, I have been able to return! =D

LMAO, I hate them too!!! I have sulked enough though I think, ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back