• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Your Collections!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Collections!!!!
My biggest collection is of Stitch, which is somewhere in the hundreds. I also collect Tron, Brave (complete except for the recent DLRP PTN), Tangled, Star Wars & Marquees.
I have a pretty decent collection of Epcot pins too, since its my favorite park. =)

I started collecting a long time ago, before it was actually officially called "Disney Pin Trading" because pins are shiny and look cool haha

There are a few major things I collect, and none of those collections are anywhere near complete. I collect Treasure Planet and Great Mouse Detective, two of my favorite Disney films. I collect Donald Duck, though I'm kinda picky about which pins with him on it I'll take. I have a small Germany collection going in honor of half my heritage; when or if Disney gets the Russian pavilion in Epcot, I'm sure I'll try to get a small Russian collection together, too. Recently I've decided, though initially I wasn't going to because I didn't think of it as a Disney movie, I'm planning on collecting all the Rocketeer pins I can get.

I've only been collecting for the past few years, not very long, and I don't have any way to trade with anyone in person. The majority of the pins I own I either bought from the Disney store itself or family purchased for me from stores they could get to. Some pins I have that are really important I received from incredible traders here on the boards.

-what is your largest collection of?
Disney Princesses. If broken down my Princesses, it would be Ariel/Little Mermaid
-how many characters/movies/groups do you collect?
All the disney princesses.
-how big is each collection?
I have roughly 100 princess pins. About 30-40 of them are The little Mermaid.
-what got you started collecting?
Brave. I know only have one Brave pins since I ended up trading them.

My collection has radically changed in roughly 5 months.

Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs.
I started collecting Snow White because this year (technically last year since the movie premiered in December 1937) is the 75th anniversary of the movie. I started collecting Snow White when I decided to pursue 20th century British & US women's history. I collect Snow White because I love the film and it has so much history connected to it. It seemed like a very fitting collection because I am a historian.

My two main collections are Snow White & Pocahontas. While Pocahontas makes the historian in me cringe (the movie is so far from historically accurate, its not funny), I do love the movie itself. I refell head over heels in love with the movie over break. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I absolutely adored Pocahontas which is why I decided to collect the pins. I guess kind of to hold on to a small part of my childhood.

My mini collections are Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, & Rapunzel. They are my four favorite princesses/the movies mean a lot to me.

I have roughly 70 Snow White pins. She is my biggest collection. My smallest collection so far is Pocahontas but I will get more pins!

Brave. I love the movie and I wanted everything related to the movie. However, I don't like the majority of the pins so I stopped collecting them. I do still however collect Brave merchandise. I still love the movie dearly.

Brave

-how many characters/movies/groups do you collect? / -how big is each collection?
Brave (33)
Mary Poppins (24)
Maleficent (9)
Philharmagic (8)
Piece of Disney Movies (20)
Star Wars (though this I just started and have 2 pins)

Going to WDW with my family in November

What I collect the most of is Black and white Mickey mouse (ie: crazy plane, steam boat Willie etc) and Oswald the lucky rabbit.
I'm moving into Mice from Cinderella and the headless horseman and the great mouse detective.
My collection of Oswald is small just because he's a hard character to collect. And my B&W Mickey is growing pretty fast I can't really keep up with it lol.

I got collecting pins from my first Oswald pin and then I got hired at Disneyland and I started buying more CM pins and trading. Also going to the park a lot has me buying and trading a lot haha.

I started collecting because my daughter collects and she visits both DLR and WDW often. She dragged me to Disneyland last December and I got hooked. We share a collection and so it's kind of strange mix. She just picks up whatever she likes and because I'm a completist, I usually end up completing the sets. As for myself, I would love to start collecting Beloved Tales pins. They just appeal to me. Right now we have about 680 pins in the collection and another couple hundred traders. I'm just shocked at how fast that number has grown over the last few months.

Marquees (~20 from completion)
Pin Trader Delights (~14 from completion)
Cars Land (but not Cars) (1 from complete, but on the way!!)
Wreck it Ralph (Complete)
Grand Californian Hotel (Retail complete, handful of CM opening days I'm missing)
Star Tours
Space Mountain
Tinker Bell
Aulani (~8 from complete)
Candlelight Processional
John Carter (Complete, all 2 pins)
Princesses
Stained Glass pins (Just like them, not actively acquiring)

I don't consider AP's for completion nor do I count the Cars Land famed set of letters since they don't represent anything from Cars Land, only the movie characters.

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???

What do I collect?

I only collect pins based on Disney movies. Not rides or attractions (with the exception of Splash Mountain).

What is your largest collection?

My largest collection is Villains. I have around 110 pins just of them.

How many characters/movies/groups do I collect?

My other main collections in order of size are:

101 Dalmatians (80)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (50)
Princess and the Frog (30)
Nightmare Before Christmas (30)
Black Cauldron (26)
Fantasia (25)
Brave (24)
Frankenweenie (21)

I try to collect a little from each animated movie. At the moment I am trying to work on expanding my Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, and Wreck it Ralph collections.

What got me started collecting?

I really started getting into collecting almost 3 years ago and it all started with one free pin from the Disney Movie Club. The pin is of Goofy and is still in my collection even though I do not collect fab five.
Before that it had been about 10 years since I added to my collection. I was collecting the Countdown to the Millennium pins that were being released at the Disney Store.

I collect lion king, but only just started and have only 10 or so pins.

my first pin wasn't lion king, it was a London Mickey Mouse one that I got in London last year! I collect other Lion King merchandise, so thought that would make a good collection.

Last edited:
-what is your largest collection of? Probably Aladdin.. its what my girl and started off with and its gotten pretty big. Also had to downsize it and take out around 20 non-LE pins from that collection but i love all Aladdin pins :drool:

-how many characters/movies/groups do you collect? My girlfriend and i collect Aladdin, Wreck it Ralph, Tangled, POTC and relationship/theme park sentimental pins together. With my personal collections being Tarzan, and Lion king :D We also collect SOME marquees.. mainly of movies we watched together in theaters or our favorites.

-how big is each collection? Aladdin is roughly around 50 or more, WiR: around 30 only missing 2 pins to complete, Tangled: around 15, POTC maybe around 30-40 but we downsized recently :/ Tarzan 10-12 pins. Lion king is only about 20-30 and finally marquees/sentimental misc. too much to even estimate

-what got you started collecting? "Started from the bottom now we here." LOL JK. Started off as an extra thing to do at disneyland with a couple friends, where we all bought lanyards and raced to see who got the best cast-lanyard pins. Being competitive, I wanted to 'up' my game so i talked to the pin traders at DLR for advice on the hard to find pins etc. etc and they pointed me to DSF which was for the crazy UP valentines day release.(i did not know what i was getting myself into) so i checked it out and lined up around 1 a.m only to walk into a line that was already full :( but met some awesome people on that line. Behind me was kristine (KCkristine) and Cat (catburger) !! To make a long story short, I didn't get the UP valentines day pins, BUT what did happen was it got me fired up with my ultra-competitiveness and made me want to become one hell of a pin trader.. now I'm here on DPF :p hahaha still trying to get to that level but definitely moved up in pin trading and TOTALLY pwned my friends (none of them pin trade anymore) but yeeeahh... NOW I GOT NEW FRIENDS HERE! Everything and everyone has been awesome so far for personal experiences in pin trading.. never saw myself getting into it like THIS, but definitely a fun hobby on the side of everything else i do :D (really sleepy so some of this may not even be making sense so sorry
:drool:)

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???

As a couple we both have our own collections. I Collect Tangled (with Ariel as my side collection). Karl collects Black Cauldron. Sword in the Stone, Aurora and Prince Phillip and Aladdin.

i also collect Tangled merchandise, much to Karls complaints for a lack of space.

Aurora buy far! she seems to be the easiest for us to get. i have bought karl 3 grails really cheap too.

7 movies. 3 of the whole movie- Tangled, Sword in the Stone and Black Cauldron. 4 with persific characters: Ariel, Aurora and/or Prince Phillip, and Aladdin, Genie and Abu

Aurora buy far!- about 50-60 pins
Ariel- 42 pins
Tangled- 35 pins- ONLY 10 left till were up to date!!!
Black Cauldron- 27 pins- ONLY 12 left till up to date!!
Sword in the Stone - 16 pins- 53 till up to date

I got my first pin when I was very young at WDW, then when Karl and I first went on holiday, to Disneyland Paris, i bought a few more pins, and since then i've been collecting with Karl. Its a passion that we share, it brings us together. we have made the greatest friends here, that we enjoy talking to as often as we can, most days, we come on just to see what they are up to and if they are ok. Disney Pin Forum is such a great community that we are proud to be a part of.

Hiiiii

I collect Tangled, stitch and any other pins that take my fancy!
My largest collection is Stitch I have maybe 15-20 of him. Followed by UK disney store LE's because I have a lot of them. Hoping to work on my tangled collection :)
I started collecting on my first trip to DLRP IN 2011, then picked it up more using eBay early 2012
:)
Xxxxxx

My only collection is UP.

I began collecting pins a couple of years ago by chance, I happened to be on the Disney website trying to purchase my designer doll (dollmageddon some of you may have herd of it lol!!!) anyway, I came across the pin section by chance.....I am a collector by heart and seeing the words "limited edition" and the fact pins were small, didn't take up too much space etc and were relatively affordable I purchased some, then came across this forum and the rest is history!!!.....

I have since realised that my pins take up a lot more space than anticipated heheh, and the collection I've chosen to pursue is not that "relatively" affordable lol, but it's a challenge, and I like a challenge!!

I have 43 up pins, last count, in my collection, and boy have I worked hard to get these!! I still have so far to go and living in the uk makes it just that little bit harder as we don't have access to park or awesome trading nights etc.....

I began collecting UP because the film is a very special film to me, it means so much, and I can relate to it. For a Disney film, I find it a touching story, with so many realistic elements in it!! Although the likely hood of me seeing a floating house with balloons is unlikely lol, it is made somewhat believeable by the characters, and I love the comical element to the film too :) I think I was also drawn to pursue this collection purely for the fact I was advised against in by a lot of trader friends saying they're too hard to get or trade for....they were right but I like a challenge!

i did have a couple of other small collections: Alice and tangled but to be honest, they've been sacrificed to further my main collection as it was becoming impossible to collect all 3!!!!

Thanks for reading, hope I haven't bored you all!!! :) I'm always here if anyone would like to trade!!!!

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT??

Lion King, Emperor's New Groove, Basil the Great Mouse Detective and Atlantis

Lion King

4 at the moment: Lion King, Emperor's New Groove, Basil the Great Mouse Detective and Atlantis; though still debating what my 5th collection will be.

Overall I have 140 pins,

Around 100 of which are Lion King

Which means my other collections are quite small :(
11- Emperor's New Groove
13- Basil the Great Mouse Detective
8 - Atlantis

I had a few which caught my eye when Disney Store sold pins in store however it was my friend LadyDobbins that actually got me started collecting though I originally started with Mulan and UK LEs, it didn't take long to realise there was only one main collection for me!!

Probably Brave, though my collections are all kind of on par with each other at the moment.
Currently I'm collecting; Peter Pan, Maleficent, Beauty & The Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Evil Queen, Brave, Tangled and Cinderella. However I plan on starting to collect; Oz the Great and Powerful, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame and Mulan
I can't remember off the top of my head. Though they're all pretty small
I was in Paris in 2008 and I went into our hotel gift shop and spotted them sitting on a rack. My mum suggested that I started to collect them, because I wanted to bring home a few small inexpensive things that still held good memories and were reminders of my trip. I got back into collecting again in 2012 after finding my old lanyard.

WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???

Hercules ;) pins & merch

one but i'm thinking about branching into atlantis and medical pins

Hercules = 83

Allways loved the film and greek mythology found a pin at comicon and got back into full swing. I really associate with I can go the distance xD

Last edited:
WHAT DO YOU COLLECT???
-etc, etc. (You get the idea)

I collect UP pins (surprise! :lol:), Brother Bear, Kronk (from the Emperor's New Groove), and Charlotte (from Princess and the Frog).
My hubby unofficially collects Jungle Cruise pins, my little girl collects Tigger and my little boy collects WALL-E/Star Wars. My 2 littlest aren't old enough to care ...yet.

My largest collection is of UP pins and my smallest collection is of Charlotte - although I am a completionist with that one pin. :)

I started collecting because we had a few free pins that came with our trip reservation (I agree - most brilliant marketing move ever!)

okay my dh, dd and I collect together. We started on our last vacation Dec 2012. I had actually avoided it. Because I am add/ocd and its a bad combination when it comes to collecting. lol My obsessive tendencies go crazy. lol But we tried it and of course I loved it! My 14 year old son is the only one that doesn't he says, " it's like throwing my money out the window.". lol Smart kid. lol

I collect Snow White (probably what I have the most of), Tink/Capt Hook/Peter Pan, Merida, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Characters dressed as other characters.

My dd 12 collects Wreck it Ralph (we share that one), steamboat Willie, Oswald and Black and White pins.

My dh Ariel and Tink (we share that one). We have a lot of Tink too.

I am not a completist definately pins I like and don't like in each.

I collect mostly Beauty and the Beast, and Lady and the Tramp. My biggest collection is of Beauty and the Beast :D with smaller collections of Villains, Stitch, and Random Disney Dogs. I also have a few pins here and there that don't belong to any of my collections, just because they caught my eye and I liked them :D. I've only been collecting seriously for a few months now, but I love what I've collected so far.

My largest collection so far would have to be my Lion King pins and my Aristocats pins. And even those collections aren't that big XD.

The only pins that I'm going to hardcore collect would be Wreck-it Ralph. Since I recently got back into pin trading(I kinda forgot about my pins.....), I didn't think about the pins when that movie came out, so my Wreck-it Ralph pin collection is pretty small right now :/. Oh well, lesson learned, don't forget about stuff. I also casually collect Stitch, The Lion King, The Aristocats, and The Fox and the Hound. I'm going to start casually collecting Treasure Planet, but I haven't been able to get any of those pins yet.

I will also get pins that just happen to catch my eye :).

What do you collect: I collect... Tangled, Brave, Pixie Hollow, Monsters Inc, and Tokyo Sweet Love. My boyfriend collects Star Wars, and Vinylmation pins.

What is your largest collection: Pixie Hollow is my largest collection, followed by Brave.

How big is each collection:
Brave - 30 pins (Need about 10 more to be up to date)
Tangled - 23 pins (Need 32 more)
Pixie Hollow - 42 pins
Monsters Inc - 15 pins
Tokyo Sweet Love - 6 pins

What got you started collecting?: My Dad got me my first lanyard and pins when we went to WDW back in 2002! I just recently started collecting again because I collect all sorts of Tangled items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back