• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! ZAPping Etiquette

ZAPPED! ZAPping Etiquette

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
Hi everybody :lgm:

I just had a question by a very nice member asking me about something that seems like it should be obvious —

If somebody takes the time and effort to zap you, the very least you should do is send them a thank you PM. I know life gets in the way and even I have neglected this on occasion. But it is not a good feeling knowing you sent something to somebody and they couldn't take a few minutes to say thank you!

For me, getting a zap always feels great. At least you should let the person know you appreciate the fact they thought of you.

You should also acknowledge zaps that are mysteries. It doesn't take that long to do a post here.

Zapping is a fun thing to be part of on both sides, but only if the person who receives it let's you know that you received it and appreciate the thought!!!

Please do your part if you are lucky enough to receive a zap!!!

Okay now it is time to get off of my soapbox. :soapbox:

Carry on!

Completely agree! I always enjoy reading 'I got zapped!' posts here on the boards, but people I zap rarely post them! *lol* That's not why I zap people, but it is fun to read and see their reaction :) but I agree at least a PM saying thank you is always appreciated!! At least so you know the person received it!!

Completely agree! I always enjoy reading 'I got zapped!' posts here on the boards, but people I zap rarely post them! *lol* That's not why I zap people, but it is fun to read and see their reaction :) but I agree at least a PM saying thank you is always appreciated!! At least so you know the person received it!!

The zap forum has been quiet of late! I've also zapped maybe 6-8 people over the past 2 weeks, and have seen maybe 2 posts, and haven't heard of the others. The other concern that arises when those who are zapped don't at least communicate a thank you is the lack of notice that the target received the zap! I always end up wondering if there was a shipping issue when I don't hear from people.

Yeah that spill chick can be a pain... :lol:
:rofl:

I agree with this 100%. I totally understand not making a whole thread about the zap, but there should definitely be a thank you. It's a crumby feeling to zap someone what you feel is a nice pin and then not even get an acknowledgement. Especially when you know they've received it. :\

Before I get any more pm's. This is not about anybody in particular. The question just came up and I thought I should make a comment about it so that in case somebody is new and not up to date on the proper way to acknowledge it.

I agree. A thank you is always in order when someone gives you a gift or does something nice for you. When it comes to pins I think posting a photo and a public thank you is especially nice because then we all get to join the excitement of the zap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, you spelled Etiquette wrong... and on the title... embarrassing :facepalm::rofl:

This actually made me LOL!

nelsonhaha.gif

Sorry, David. ;)

Still getting familiar with zaps. So are they just pins or can they be other items like dolls and stuff!
It can be anything. Someone once zapped me with candy from their country, and it's amazing lol.

And agreed! A thank you message is so nice to get too. :)

Zapped several ppl as well and I only saw two post and this was 2 weeks ago all in the usa
no pm is really needed but the post would be nice ,nice post David

I've done a lot of art zaps because I don't have the sort of pins people would want :( I'm very active on instagram and friends have posted there which is great ^_^ but there is a handful I sent over a month ago that I have no idea if they arrived or if the recipients liked them :(

I have been on both ends. I received a lovely zap from a wonderful member here, and I put the pin aside because I was in no mood to post. I did not even take 5 seconds to send a PM either. It took me a long time to finally post a belated zap thread here. Of course I made sure to apologize in style :D

But, at the other end: I get worried if a package was received or not. I have little faith in DC. I had several cases where the DC# did not get scanned in at mailing time either because the p.o. clerk ignored it, or maybe because I taped over it. And then I keep biting my finger nails until I see the arrival scan at the recipient's end.

The other option is even worse: We all have seen items showing as "delivered", but they might be delivered to a wrong address or they might be stolen from door steps, mail boxes, etc. So, when I send a zap alone, not attached to any trade, I get relieved to know that it was received safely. If the zap goes along with a trade, then I know when they receive and leave me feedback.

My pet peeve: I send a zap along with a trade or purchase, and the trading partner does not even bother to leave feedback.

I have been on both ends. I received a lovely zap from a wonderful member here, and I put the pin aside because I was in no mood to post. I did not even take 5 seconds to send a PM either. It took me a long time to finally post a belated zap thread here. Of course I made sure to apologize in style :D

But, at the other end: I get worried if a package was received or not. I have little faith in DC. I had several cases where the DC# did not get scanned in at mailing time either because the p.o. clerk ignored it, or maybe because I taped over it. And then I keep biting my finger nails until I see the arrival scan at the recipient's end.

The other option is even worse: We all have seen items showing as "delivered", but they might be delivered to a wrong address or they might be stolen from door steps, mail boxes, etc. So, when I send a zap alone, not attached to any trade, I get relieved to know that it was received safely. If the zap goes along with a trade, then I know when they receive and leave me feedback.

My pet peeve: I send a zap along with a trade or purchase, and the trading partner does not even bother to leave feedback.

+1 (even without the zap).

And I do get worried when someone doesn't pm me, or posts something, when I zapped them. I'm still very wary when it comes to certain shipping services (*cough* USPS *cough*) and I'd like to know, at least, whether it arrived or not. I don't expect a thread, tbh, but a small "I got it!" would be great. Just to ease my mind a bit. :D

Hi everybody :wavey:

I just had a question by a very nice member asking me about something that seems like it should be obvious. If somebody takes the time and effort to zap you, the very least you should do is send them a thank you pm. I know life gets in the way and even I have neglected this on occasion. But it is not a good feeling knowing you sent something to somebody and they couldn't take a few minutes to say thank you.

For me getting a zap always feels great. At least you should let the person know you appreciate the fact they thought of you.

You should also acknowledge zaps that are mysteries. It doesn't take that long to do a post here.

Zapping is a fun thing to be part of on both sides, but only if the person who receives it let's you know that you received it and appreciate the thought!!!

Please do your part if you are lucky enough to receive a zap!!!

Okay now it is time to get off of my soapbox. :soapbox:

Carry on. :hs:

Hey David, I have a great idea. You send me a zap and I will make a post thanking you so that we can show everyone how it is done. How does that sound....:naughty::naughty::lol::lol:

I usually post about a zap on the forums, I think its nice to give credit to the zapper publicly as well as through PM.

I totally agree 100%!!!! Someone has taken the time out to post something to you to brighten your day, you must always thank them :)

It makes me sad that some people might not even thank someone for zapping them :down:

Back