• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
I went with a friend and my mom, to increase my odds. There were 30-40 people there four 8 dolls, and after the deadline for signing up two girls were allowed to enter late - and one of them went home with one of the dolls. I didn't find that fair to anyone who showed up on time. Either way, first seven people were called some of them were giving off some scalper vibes as they were neither excited, nor did they even smile when they got called.

I was the last name called, I was honestly expecting that I would not be called. I gasped out loud and ran right up, the staff were laughing at my excitement as they've gotten to know me with every release :)

:( I'm so sorry to hear about the people who were not able to get the dolls at the retail store, especially the super-Ariel fans. Best wishes for tonight! I'm also sorry to hear about the bigger turnout, but it is Ariel... It sounds like there were a mixed bag of people as always, but remember: unless you actually hear someone talking about reselling it's better to try not to assume that they are not collectors or buying on behalf of a collector. Looks can be deceiving, especially when it comes to male purchasers. As we all know from here on DPF, there are a good number of male collectors of Disney dolls. :)

But a big congratulations for those who were able to get the dolls today in-store! :)

Last edited:
Soo not only did I walk away with the Art of Ariel plate for like half price but I got Ariel & Eric!!! The turnout was actually smaller than Belle & Beast but at least 35 names were in the draw & they only had 13 pairs. Soo it was a bigger turnout than the first 3 couples. Mostly everybody who got theirs looked like actual fans or collectors. There was just the these 2 brothers though who were actually eBay sellers & one of them got their names called. But that's fine. I was the 10th person to be called & actually there was families who just put all their names in & once one of them was called, they would actually tell them if they called the rest of their family, they could pass on it. So we did the same thing cause I brought my mom just in case & she was actually the last person to call but we told them to skip it. It was nice seeing the "great relief" reactions when we did that. But it was still sad though after the draw & there was a lot of people who was disappointed, sad, & a lot of that crushed emotion that went home empty handed. So it made me feel really bad for them cause I know little mermaid is a HUGE impact on people. Soo here's hoping for tonight that I would actually help out & try to stay awake & help post some of the links for you guys or even repost if the links are already posted.

uqytuta7.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!!! My hubby did that forme with Belle/Beast , he was the last name called!!! I was so giddy when I got the text ;)

Thank you! It is such a great feeling ;)

Soo not only did I walk away with the Art of Ariel plate for like half price but I got Ariel & Eric!!! The turnout was actually smaller than Belle & Beast but at least 35 names were in the draw & they only had 13 pairs. Soo it was a bigger turnout than the first 3 couples. Mostly everybody who got theirs looked like actual fans or collectors. There was just the these 2 brothers though who were actually eBay sellers & one of them got their names called. But that's fine. I was the 10th person to be called & actually there was families who just put all their names in & once one of them was called, they would actually tell them if they called the rest of their family, they could pass on it. So we did the same thing cause I brought my mom just in case & she was actually the last person to call but we told them to skip it. It was nice seeing the "great relief" reactions when we did that. But it was still sad though after the draw & there was a lot of people who was disappointed, sad, & a lot of that crushed emotion that went home empty handed. So it made me feel really bad for them cause I know little mermaid is a HUGE impact on people. Soo here's hoping for tonight that I would actually help out & try to stay awake & help post some of the links for you guys or even repost if the links are already posted.

Congrats, your doll and plate look beautiful! Did you attend Market Mall or Southcentre today? I'm also in the Calgary area, but have never been to the Market Mall location so was curious how busy they were for the doll releases.

Last edited:
Thank you! It is such a great feeling, isn't it? ;)

Congrats, your doll and plate look beautiful! Did you attend Market Mall or Southcentre today? I'm also in the Calgary area, but have never been to the Market Mall location so was curious how busy they were for the doll releases.

Thanks & oh wow! I thought I would be the only one in this forum lol! But I'm glad to know there's another fellow Calgarian :] Anyways, I attended the Market mall location cause I knew there was gonna be a better chance to getting them then the one at South Centre mall. Like around 35 names were in the draw & only 13 dolls were available. Plus It was an advantage too because market mall just opened their location this year so not a lot of people knew about it. But it seemed easier cause there was families who put all of their names in but they only just wanted one. So I was pretty ecstatic about that :D

:( I'm so sorry to hear about the people who were not able to get the dolls at the retail store, especially the super-Ariel fans. Best wishes for tonight! I'm also sorry to hear about the bigger turnout, but it is Ariel... It sounds like there were a mixed bag of people as always, but remember: unless you actually hear someone talking about reselling it's better to try not to assume that they are not collectors or buying on behalf of a collector. Looks can be deceiving, especially when it comes to male purchasers. As we all know from here on DPF, there are a good number of male collectors of Disney dolls. :)

But a big congratulations for those who were able to get the dolls today in-store! :)

I agree with you 100%, their seems to be a lot of people who think that just because there are males in the drawing that it must mean they are re-sellers. I know men collect dolls and I have a couple of male friends who do as well. I was just annoyed because today a lot of people were talking about how they plan to re-sell the dolls and today the majority having these conversations were males. Here I am about to cry and they don't even care for the doll. :( So sad.

I have a male friend who collects dolls. Not just Disney either. He's mostly into Barbie. We keep running into each other at antique malls because so many of them have Barbies for sale.

Thank you!!! I agree wholeheartedly! As a male doll collector, it is always so discouraging to hear people whisper about "scalpers" near me. I once had a mom who in passing glanced at me and made a remark to her husband about "how sad it is for people to come hear and take away a doll from children and other collectors" and I was just like UHM, hello! I am just as validated as you are! Does it not say "Intended for ADULT COLLECTORS" not just "Intended for 6+"??? It gets my goat sometimes! Just because I don't jump up and down or cry when I get called doesn't mean I'm there only to resell a doll! I had so many people glare at me as I exited the store today, which is understandable partially due to the fact that they might be nervous or upset they might not get it, but come on... really? Don't glare at me, I had just as much chance as everyone else here!

/Rant over.

In other happy news, I'm really pleased with my couple! They truly are beautiful. A few stray hairs here and there, but what can you do? I really liked the woman in charge of handing out raffle tickets. She has been there for every time I've been called and she was so nice speaking to me and saying "Oh, I so hope you get it! This will complete your whole set! They must look so pretty altogether, I can only imagine how proud you will be of your collection!" etc. and even wrote "Good luck!" with a smiley face on the back of my card which just really made it special and put me in such a good mood, even after seeing all the grumbling and glaring people. It is the little things that Disney Store employees do to make this a magical experience! :wiggle:

There were about 20 people for 17 sets at mine. Luckily my friend and I both got called. Crazy to think some stores had 80+ people show up!

Congrats to everyone who got their dolls! Hope those who didn't are able to get them tonight. I'm sure it will be a quick sell-out, but if you're diligent about it there shouldn't be any trouble. I'm skipping this couple myself, but I may be around tonight to help pass the links and morale support.

Best of luck to everyone!

There was a lady at our store that I think annoyed the majority of the people there. She began throwing remarks here and there even as people were signing up. I could tell people were not pleased with her behavior. Every time a male exited she would whisper stuff to the person who accompanied her. On one occasion she leaned towards me and said," how much do you want to bet he will sell it on ebay", I kindly smiled and told her that not all males have the intent of re-selling dolls, she smirked and began talking to her fiend again. It was so annoying. All she did was bicker from the moment she got there. I understand wanting the dolls, I am very sad I did not get called, but some people get really nasty.

Congrats to the lucky draw winners and to the rest of you best of luck tonight. I do have faith that with a little link fairy help, we can all get our dolls. I am having trouble concentrating on anything right now. I am so excited to buy her and sigh really loudly as the doll tension from the crazy doll ride falls away. We can do this guys!

Congrats to the lucky draw winners and to the rest of you best of luck tonight. I do have faith that with a little link fairy help, we can all get our dolls. I am having trouble concentrating on anything right now. I am so excited to buy her and sigh really loudly as the doll tension from the crazy doll ride falls away. We can do this guys!
I feel exactly the same way. I am so anxious that I cannot concentrate on any of my work. It is going to be a looooooong night....

Best of luck to everyone tonight! If I'm up then (usually am) I will try to help find a link!

Also, can I say all I kept thinking to myself while waiting for the raffle today was when Vanessa says "Soon I'll have that little mermaid and the ocean will be mine!" It was really entertaining too because I was wearing Ursula's necklace too, haha! :p

tumblr_mh77i3kxgd1rqsd2go2_500.gif

There was a lady at our store that I think annoyed the majority of the people there. She began throwing remarks here and there even as people were signing up. I could tell people were not pleased with her behavior. Every time a male exited she would whisper stuff to the person who accompanied her. On one occasion she leaned towards me and said," how much do you want to bet he will sell it on ebay", I kindly smiled and told her that not all males have the intent of re-selling dolls, she smirked and began talking to her fiend again. It was so annoying. All she did was bicker from the moment she got there. I understand wanting the dolls, I am very sad I did not get called, but some people get really nasty.
I'm a male. I been Marry to my wife for 9 years. Oct 31 is are anniversary..so I was at the mall today. I have tattoos shave head. I just got off of work. I'm in construction. I did not have time to change. So I was a mess. So I got the looks. The cheap shots. So and so..well I did not get pick. So up at 12:00 for me. I so bad wanted to surprise my wife on are Anniversary..funny thing is. Those people don't even know I don't even have eBay PayPal. I have seen a lot of sick stuff in my job. But The looks I got made me sick. It's so funny I try hard today to get this gift for my wife. NOT TO SELL ON EBAY..a lot of guys do nice things for the ones they love.

Whoa! I was so nervous today!! I love all things Disney but The Little Mermaid came out when I was a child and that's when I fell in love and have loved Ariel into adulthood! With that said I am SO HAPPY my name was called!!!!! I was nervous after missing out on BATB last week and I couldn't imagine the dissapointment I would have felt if I wasn't called. There were 60 people for 22 dolls, I was called 17th, yep, I was sweating with anxiety lol. I really felt awful for this girl that came with an Ariel necklace and bag and she wanted the doll so bad but wasn't called and you could see the dissapointment on her face. I hope to add BATB to my collection when the hype calms down, that's the only one I'm missing. Also, my DS had the singing Frozen and toddler animators doll, Anna was totally friggin ADORBS!! I had to refrain from buying them since the friends and family 25% off sale is coming and I will purchase the Frozen merch at that time:) good luck to everyone tonight:)

I'm a male. I been Marry to my wife for 9 years. Oct 31 is are anniversary..so I was at the mall today. I have tattoos shave head. I just got off of work. I'm in construction. I did not have time to change. So I was a mess. So I got the looks. The cheap shots. So and so..well I did not get pick. So up at 12:00 for me. I so bad wanted to surprise my wife on are Anniversary..funny thing is. Those people don't even know I don't even have eBay PayPal. I have seen a lot of sick stuff in my job. But The looks I got made me sick. It's so funny I try hard today to get this gift for my wife. NOT TO SELL ON EBAY..a lot of guys do nice things for the ones they love.
sadly, it's how people get when tensions are high......it's sad how we judge one another, I'm guilty of it and I catch myself and tell myself to stop it. Today I was very anxious though. I hope you get her tonight and happy anniversary;)

I went with a friend and my mom, to increase my odds. There were 30-40 people there four 8 dolls, and after the deadline for signing up two girls were allowed to enter late - and one of them went home with one of the dolls. I didn't find that fair to anyone who showed up on time. Either way, first seven people were called some of them were giving off some scalper vibes as they were neither excited, nor did they even smile when they got called.

I was the last name called, I was honestly expecting that I would not be called. I gasped out loud and ran right up, the staff were laughing at my excitement as they've gotten to know me with every release :)

Omg congrats!! So magical to be the last one called! :eek:
Please PM me back when you have the chance! :D

I'm sorry to those of you who didn't get called :( I hope you are successful with her tonight!

Whoa! I was so nervous today!! I love all things Disney but The Little Mermaid came out when I was a child and that's when I fell in love and have loved Ariel into adulthood! With that said I am SO HAPPY my name was called!!!!! I was nervous after missing out on BATB last week and I couldn't imagine the dissapointment I would have felt if I wasn't called. There were 60 people for 22 dolls, I was called 17th, yep, I was sweating with anxiety lol. I really felt awful for this girl that came with an Ariel necklace and bag and she wanted the doll so bad but wasn't called and you could see the dissapointment on her face. I hope to add BATB to my collection when the hype calms down, that's the only one I'm missing. Also, my DS had the singing Frozen and toddler animators doll, Anna was totally friggin ADORBS!! I had to refrain from buying them since the friends and family 25% off sale is coming and I will purchase the Frozen merch at that time:) good luck to everyone tonight:)

When you go back, please video singing Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back