• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by what I'm reading on the LE page, I think a whole lot of those folks are in for oversold, cancellation emails. It's post after post of people talking about adding the set tons of times well over an hour after it was first listed, until the order "goes through."

I bet 99.999% of those orders did not really go through. Such a shame.

I agree. Someone posted on there they were sold out at 12:14, and people are now accusing them of "trying to stop others from trying" but I mean... 12:14 is totally believable. Eric sold out within that time. I feel like a lot of people don't realize how big this set is, especially Ariel. If Belle sold out within an hour, I'm having a really really REALLY hard time believing Ariel would be still on almost 2 hours later... They are acting like it is impossible for it to have sold out within minutes, but think about it... there are 6000 WORLDWIDE! Naturally there will be a significant amount more of people who want her, not to mention some were already sold in pre-orders and a large majority went to stores to raffle today. In my opinion there couldn't have been much more than 2000-2500 online tonight, but then of course I don't know any of the other numbers, that is just my really rough estimate.

It is a shame and I wish everyone could get their dolls, but some of these people I feel didn't do all they could to ensure getting one. I mean, the Facebook pages also posted the link about the same time people on the forum did and they could have known better to have an account ready to get through quickly, it is very apparent everywhere that this would be no cake-walk. The early bird gets the worm, and I think a lot of these people that somehow "got it" an hour and a half after the release that were clicking non-stop are going to be in for a really rough surprise come tomorrow or the next day when they get their cancellation notice...

Judging by what I'm reading on the LE page, I think a whole lot of those folks are in for oversold, cancellation emails. It's post after post of people talking about adding the set tons of times well over an hour after it was first listed, until the order "goes through."

I bet 99.999% of those orders did not really go through. Such a shame.

Yeah, by the look and sound of it, the facebook users experienced their own little dollmagedon with them not being able to get the sets, constantly trying to add to bag and also doing some severe venting. Can't really blame them. And eBay's just as crazy with the listings!

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who got Ariel! She sold out really quickly (not that anyone is really surprised :p). I'm just glad I was able to get the 6 designer sets (including D23 Variant) that were released this year without really having to result to scalpers (except for the variant but oh well). I don't even know which set is my favorite anymore because they're all beautiful! <3 These past few months have been fun! :)

10306792016_6e3186736d_z.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have your other cabinets filled with Disney treasures? Beautiful display and it's nice that 2 dolls fit per shelf

- Well I thought I was able to take some photos of Ariel & Eric but for some reason the plastic case won't budge! Like the back part was easy but the front part won't move at all. It was really easy though for when I did Aladdin & Jasmine but Ariel & Eric, it's pretty tough. I also asked my sister to help me out since I saw someone said it was a two person job but still no luck. Anybody having trouble opening their plastic case off? I just want to clean the inside of the case & put one of the paper corners down.
it's like that for me on both of mine!!! I ended up breaking one so had to dash back and got it exchanged! Phew there's still a loose thread hanging in the front but I'm not gonna take that chance again!

hey guys. I dont know what happened and Im pretty upset. I set THREE alarms so I knew I would wake up for this release and not ONE of them worked so I just woke up. Im really really upset because this is the set I wanted and now theyre gone..........

If anyone comes across and extra that I could pay retail+shipping i would really really appreciate it

Last edited:
was anybody able to get an extra one? ... I'm not sure my order went through and I'm really kicking my self for not at least trying in store today... anyways please let me know, I would like to buy it retail plus shipping and I'll throw in a little bit extra.. I'm just so sad since this is such a beautiful doll and the only one I really wanted.

Im so heartbroken right now :'( I can't believe I missed the set I knew wanted before I even saw the pictures Im happy that it seems a good bunch of you guys got them. at least some collectors got them and they didn't all go to the terrible greedy people

+1000000! I actually wish they would pull away from the announced edition sizes and individual numbering and just call it a "limited release" the way Mattel used to do. I also always choose which dolls to buy for my collection because I just love them, not because there are only x-number of them out there.
Agreed. I don't know why they have to be limited to a certain number and not just a limited release for the year, that way they could issue more gauged on popularity. In reality they may just make the same number because scalpers would not be buying creating a panic. I am sorry so many people did not get Ariel & Eric. I was fortunate to get most of the sets in the raffle but I had to take vacation time etc. It really sets Disney up for a poor customer experience. When I did not get Belle at the store I was really angry about wasting my afternoon, so I don't see why a business wants to do that to its customers. Disney wants to make money and we want to give it to them, so why limiting the edition to 6000 especially when showcasing the set at D23 has me puzzled.

Agreed. I don't know why they have to be limited to a certain number and not just a limited release for the year, that way they could issue more gauged on popularity. In reality they may just make the same number because scalpers would not be buying creating a panic. I am sorry so many people did not get Ariel & Eric. I was fortunate to get most of the sets in the raffle but I had to take vacation time etc. It really sets Disney up for a poor customer experience. When I did not get Belle at the store I was really angry about wasting my afternoon, so I don't see why a business wants to do that to its customers. Disney wants to make money and we want to give it to them, so why limiting the edition to 6000 especially when showcasing the set at D23 has me puzzled.
I agree 100%!!! I had to miss my class yesterday for Ariel and thankfully, I was picked at the raffle. However, Belle was. Different story and I was most annoyed that I skipped my class, wasted all that time waiting and didn't even get called:/ it's not a good overall experience from a customer stand point and I think that's what really needs to be evaluated when determining how to sell these collections.

I remember holiday edition barbies growing up; a system like that would be much better.

Scalpers must have seen the high flip prices on the Belle/Beast and gone nuts for the Ariel set. eBay is flooded with Ariel sets. Bids reaching nearly $500. I'm not sure what can be done to prevent this sort of thing from happening besides raising edition size vastly or retail price itself to make flipping more risky.

I remember holiday edition barbies growing up; a system like that would be much better.

Scalpers must have seen the high flip prices on the Belle/Beast and gone nuts for the Ariel set. eBay is flooded with Ariel sets. Bids reaching nearly $500. I'm not sure what can be done to prevent this sort of thing from happening besides raising edition size vastly or retail price itself to make flipping more risky.
Yes, I think having the same system as the holiday barbie would be appropriate! I looked at eBay also and unfortunately, for the Ariel set, I think it will always be in the $400 area for a long time......just like the original designer Ariel, she's much more pricier than any of the other dolls in the collection. I missed out on BATB an hopefully, once the hype calms down, I will be able to get her:)

I think people are missing the point though... I see people complaining on Facebook about the unfair raffle system and those waking up now to learn she was sold out at 3:00 A.M. Are mad because they were asleep then, implying that others were crazy for being up then. These are the games you play though. I was very fortunate and got them all in store raffles, but that was after I failed to snag the whole set at 3:00 AM myself. I drove I between classes each day an hour and a half away just for the extra chance. I knew there might be a solid chance I was wasting my time, no one was guaranteed to ever be pulled and to me that is the fairest way, and so is posting a time to release online. It just seems like people are never satisfied, no matter what Disney does to make this system fairer there will ALWAYS be scalpers, that is the name of the game. It really truly stinks, I know, but without them I for certain would not have a lot of my WDCC or my Golden Snow White or my two Princess Designers. The prices suck, I agree, but they knew about them before me, they were quicker, or they utilized their resources better. I'm sorry if anyone missed out on her, but keep your chin up! Perhaps someone on here will have an extra, and from experience prices DO go down on EBay in February-March, so just keep a stiff upper lip and be on the lookout! Remember that everything happens for a reason, and this is not the end of the world and if you truly want one, I'm sure you'll find one!

Thank yolu!!!!
Bumping the link!
Due to DPF crashing I found her on my own on DS and didnt utilize the link that was posted, but I still wanted to say thank you to those that posted it. Its super helpful and awesome of you guys to do that! Luckily I found her and finished my order by 3:03! With Belle she didnt pop up on the site till almost 3:10 for me and then i only found her through the link that was posted here. So its very helpful. I got super lucky with Ariel I guess.

Thank you once again link fairies!! I can sleep well tonight! So, so grateful!!! ♥♥♥ So happy I am getting my Ariel!! :hug:
I really appreciate you guys so much. Pixies for everyone! Good night everyone!
Yay!! Im glad you got her!

A new record. 16 minutes!
Thats just insane to me. LOL. I mean I totally expected it to happen but still.

hey guys. I dont know what happened and Im pretty upset. I set THREE alarms so I knew I would wake up for this release and not ONE of them worked so I just woke up. Im really really upset because this is the set I wanted and now theyre gone..........

If anyone comes across and extra that I could pay retail+shipping i would really really appreciate it
Oh no guppy!! :( I know you really, really wanted her. I hope you can find one soon at a decent price. Just keep checking here and on ebay. Did you start a "Wanted" post?

I agree 100%!!! I had to miss my class yesterday for Ariel and thankfully, I was picked at the raffle. However, Belle was. Different story and I was most annoyed that I skipped my class, wasted all that time waiting and didn't even get called:/ it's not a good overall experience from a customer stand point and I think that's what really needs to be evaluated when determining how to sell these collections.
I know, Ive driven round trip over 2 hours now, and had to cancel classes for Belle and Ariel and missed out on both. But was able to get up and get both online. I think Im going to skip the raffles going forward unless I live closer to a store. I will just be getting up to get them online. Its nice to have the two chances in case you miss out in store. But its just too damn nerve wracking, and time consuming.

I think people are missing the point though... I see people complaining on Facebook about the unfair raffle system and those waking up now to learn she was sold out at 3:00 A.M. Are mad because they were asleep then, implying that others were crazy for being up then. These are the games you play though. I was very fortunate and got them all in store raffles, but that was after I failed to snag the whole set at 3:00 AM myself. I drove I between classes each day an hour and a half away just for the extra chance. I knew there might be a solid chance I was wasting my time, no one was guaranteed to ever be pulled and to me that is the fairest way, and so is posting a time to release online. It just seems like people are never satisfied, no matter what Disney does to make this system fairer there will ALWAYS be scalpers, that is the name of the game. It really truly stinks, I know, but without them I for certain would not have a lot of my WDCC or my Golden Snow White or my two Princess Designers. The prices suck, I agree, but they knew about them before me, they were quicker, or they utilized their resources better. I'm sorry if anyone missed out on her, but keep your chin up! Perhaps someone on here will have an extra, and from experience prices DO go down on EBay in February-March, so just keep a stiff upper lip and be on the lookout! Remember that everything happens for a reason, and this is not the end of the world and if you truly want one, I'm sure you'll find one!
Well said! The scalping really annoys me but there is nothing I can do about that. Its that way with anything that people really want. I used to work for lululemon and even then we would have scalpers. People would buy up tons of limited edition stuff and then we would find it all on ebay for three times as much when it was sold out in stores. Crazy. Ive even seen some doll posting on collecting forums like this one that Im shocked by the prices of the dolls. From collecting to another its just kind of a slap in the face. You expect it from scalpers on ebay but not from other collectors. Although you do mostly see some really fair pricing, and that is great to see collectors trying to help out other collectors.

I just keep watching ebay for my WL items and luckily Ive manged to get some great deals. I know I probably wont pay retail but Im not going to pay much more than that just on principal. No matter how bad i want Designer Ariel (my dollie grail atm) Im just not going to pay $500+ for her. I just cant stomach it. If i can ever catch her for around $200 (hahaha yeah right) Ill snap her up in a heartbeat.

Its crazy how many DFDC Ariel/Erics have appeared on Ebay already. Some seem fairly priced though.

Oh no guppy!! :( I know you really, really wanted her. I hope you can find one soon at a decent price. Just keep checking here and on ebay. Did you start a "Wanted" post?

I just keep watching ebay for my WL items and luckily Ive manged to get some great deals. I know I probably wont pay retail but Im not going to pay much more than that just on principal. No matter how bad i want Designer Ariel (my dollie grail atm) Im just not going to pay $500+ for her. I just cant stomach it. If i can ever catch her for around $200 (hahaha yeah right) Ill snap her up in a heartbeat.

Its crazy how many DFDC Ariel/Erics have appeared on Ebay already. Some seem fairly priced though.

Thanks :/ I hope I find her too. Thanks for the support lol. I wont give up.

And dont give up on Designer Ariel! I found mine for $160!!!!! Im sure you'll find her at a nice price soon

I had 2 friends set out to get me ariel set and they managed to get me one too. Plus I got one as a present also. Couldn't bring myself to say I managed to get one myself also . Didn't have the heart to say return them after they took the time and energy to do so. so I just paid them the money. I could have returned them if they paid cash but none of them did as I looked at the reciepts :(
if anyone. Interested I have 3 spare for sale in the for sale section.

Thanks :/ I hope I find her too. Thanks for the support lol. I wont give up.

And dont give up on Designer Ariel! I found mine for $160!!!!! Im sure you'll find her at a nice price soon

Really!? Wow, I'm still looking for her but she never seems to be under $400.

Really!? Wow, I'm still looking for her but she never seems to be under $400.

I got her in June maybe very early July before the Designer Villains sets came out because I knew I was getting Ursula and I had to get Ariel too it wouldn't feel complete lol! So I stalked ebay for like four days and finally somebody had put her up for a buy it now for $160! I snatched it up really quick. Thats probably why you never see thm they come and go in like an instant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back