• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2013 Fairytale Designer Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
2013 Fairytale Designer Collection
Congratulations to everyone who got Ariel! She sold out really quickly (not that anyone is really surprised :p). I'm just glad I was able to get the 6 designer sets (including D23 Variant) that were released this year without really having to result to scalpers (except for the variant but oh well). I don't even know which set is my favorite anymore because they're all beautiful! <3 These past few months have been fun! :)

10306792016_6e3186736d_z.jpg

Great picture! I can't get my head round to posting the pictures here myself. I keep having this problem. Think it might be my Flickr account. Anybody know how to get this sorted or can give me advice on which picture service to use which will actually work? :)

I ordered my set last night...this is the first set I have had to order online from this series so I am *slightly* nervous about the whole shipping process (I seem to have bad luck with Disney quality control/ UPS throwing boxes around lol), but I am just happy to have been able to order it at all.

A big thanks to all of the awesome link-providers out there...without you many of us collectors might miss out. :)

Ariel went live right at 3:00 (which is rare) and I was done with my order at 3:02...this may have been the quickest order I have ever done!

Congrats to everyone that ordered her yesterday...hopefully none of us get the "dreaded" email cancellation. I feel like if the order was completed in the first 10-15 minutes we should definitely be good.

And for those that missed out...just have patience! The prices may stay high through Christmas, but next year after the hype dies down you might get a better deal. :)

It's been fun guys! See you all on the yet-to-be-created 2014 Designer Collection thread! LOL. At least next year there is no D23 so everything should be online/in stores.

Now to return to the LE 17" forums to see when the rumored Frozen dolls are coming out so I can give Disney more of my money! :lol:

I'm so bummed I didn't get Ariel! I can't believe I got Rapunzel so easily but couldn't get Ariel, mind boggling! And now the resellers on EBay have me fearful that I will never get her. *sobs*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm hoping next year that Disney will increase the edition size. Combine that with the fact that they already did Ariel, Belle and Rapunzel, and that there's no D23, I hope that it won't be so stressful. After that, I'm hoping I just plain don't want the next line of dolls because I really don't enjoy the purchasing of these dolls at all. I am happy that Disney did come up with the raffle system because it's the fairest thing they can do, but for the customer, it's hard not to be disappointed when you don't get picked. For Belle and Ariel, I think I should have just stayed home given the horrible odds I had (12 sets, >50 people).

I'm just biting my nails now until Ariel is delivered.

ETA: Oh and if there are any Disney interns reading this; please let your corporate overlords know that while Villains are popular, they are definitely a niche market compared to the Princesses. Seriously. 6000. What were they thinking??

Last edited:
I'm so bummed I didn't get Ariel! I can't believe I got Rapunzel so easily but couldn't get Ariel, mind boggling! And now the resellers on EBay have me fearful that I will never get her. *sobs*

I think the only reason I managed to get Rapunzel is because she was the second doll in the series. At that time, there were still not enough dolls to go around in my store, but it was something like 20 people there for 12 dolls, not upwards of 50. I'm selfishly hoping that the dolls I want next year will all be the ones released first in the line!

I feel you. I was thinking the exact same thing. And I'm just upset because Ariel is my favorite and I missed out. I've been really upset all morning but we just gotta keep thinking positive and one will come our way :)

Awww, it's so sad to hear about everyone who didn't get their set. I must admit, they lasted about 15 minutes longer online than I expected them to!

Now that I have the whole set, I have to say, even though Beauty and the Beast isn't MY favorite of this collection, they are definitely the most impressive. I can understand the eBay prices in that regard. Ariel's beautiful, too, but it's more her popularity than the actual doll. All lined up, she and Eric look almost dinky compared to the others. Hopefully some of you will manage to get your hands on them someday soon. It's unfortunate that they can't make enough for everyone. However, as a collector, part of the excitement of these dolls is that they're limited and numbered. I'm sure a couple thousand more wouldn't make them any less desirable, so Disney really should get the numbers right with the princesses.

If they really are doing the rest of the princesses next year, I can't wait for Tiana and Mulan! I have NO idea what they'll do for Pocahontas, though. What embroidery and gems can they possibly put on that dress? She'll probably stand out in the set in a bad way. She's beautiful, though, so I could be wrong!

Some of the people on Facebook are so disgusting. Raving they have bought 3 Ariel & Eric sets, so they are looking for $1000, or 17" Snow White/17" Mother Gothel. I've seen one person buy 5 sets! I know you are welcome to buy as many as you wish, but I wish Disney would make it one per person so that deters scalpers and gives collectors a better chance. ---This may sound rude, but I MUST vent: I was only able to afford ONE set, so I choose Ariel & Eric. I couldn't stand reading the "have the other 4 dolls, missed ariel.. SET RUINED" Facebook posts. Please, be grateful for what you have. (Not talking about anyone here, you guys are amazing, THANK U LINK FAIRIES)

I'm really sorry for all of you that didn't get Eric and Ariel today :( I wish people were only allowed to buy 1 per person so that more folks could get them. I think a big problem is greed...too many people I have seen -- and I mean collectors, not scalpers, are freaking out and buying 2 or 3.... I understand some people want one to keep in box and one out, but I just chalk that up to being greedy. If they are THAT limited, give someone a chance to own them too.

I don't really blame the scalpers for the high prices. I blame the people who NEED to have dolls SO BADLY that they bid up to $500 for something that cost $150 only a couple hours ago. I would never pay that much for a doll, especially when I know I'm just perpetuating these ridiculous prices. It's really hard to get them back down once people think they're worth a certain amount. Sure, there are dolls I want that I missed. I'll just settle for looking at pix on Flickr.

Hi everybody I know this isn't the right place at all for this post but I'm a newbie and can't post in the trade section yet. However, I was able to get an Ariel/Eric set but I would be willing to trade for Designer Jasmine pin from 2011 and Designer Fairytale Jasmine pin. I don't want to sell just trade as I've just really started collecting and Jasmine is my fave :)

Hmm, on the facebook page, I'm seeing some people claim that they had their order go through an hour after Ariel got to the "this item cannot be added at this time" stage and are confirmed to be shipping. I always thought that those were the orders that got the dreaded cancellation email? Or did it not sell out at the time we thought?

It's a moot point for this time, but it'd be good to know for the next round.

ETA: The post in question is this one "They most certainly did NOT sell out in minutes... my mother ordered one at 3:13 et, and I ordered one at 4:02 et. Called disney store this morning to confirm and BOTH will be shipped."

It would be good to know if that's true because I know some people gave up trying. Good for the facebooker in question if the late order went through, but if it did, for next time we know that hammering the 'add to cart' button does work.

Last edited:
Hmm, on the facebook page, I'm seeing some people claim that they had their order go through an hour after Ariel got to the "this item cannot be added at this time" stage and are confirmed to be shipping. I always thought that those were the orders that got the dreaded cancellation email? Or did it not sell out at the time we thought?

It's a moot point for this time, but it'd be good to know for the next round.

I strongly suspect that they are either innocently mistaken or lying on purpose. It would be ridiculous for those shopping at 12:20 Pacific Time to not get a doll and those around 1:00 to get one. We should check their posts in a couple of days. I think there will be a lot of swearing and gross behavior when they realize that they didn't sneak one past the system. It's not that I want them to miss out on dolls, I am just seriously not impressed with their temper tantrums (in terms of language and threats against Disney). I feel bad about collectors that didn't get a doll. I'm also disgusted by people bragging about how many they got while others are in despair. It doesn't bother me if they want to make money off of dolls, but there is no need to rub it in people's faces.

I also want to send a special thank you out to Polaris. Without his help I would have never had a chance to get a doll. Bless you for helping us when you already had your dolls. I checked my order and it still shows active. At this point, I believe it's okay since I purchase in the first five minutes the doll was available. Thanks also to the link fairies.

Does your order status show "Active" or "Sorry, we're unable to obtain the current status of your order right now. The information below might not includes recent updates. Please try again later. Or, you can contact Guest Services for assistance."

I strongly suspect that they are either innocently mistaken or lying on purpose. It would be ridiculous for those shopping at 12:20 Pacific Time to not get a doll and those around 1:00 to get one. We should check their posts in a couple of days. I think there will be a lot of swearing and gross behavior when they realize that they didn't sneak one past the system. It's not that I want them to miss out on dolls, I am just seriously not impressed with their temper tantrums (in terms of language and threats against Disney). I feel bad about collectors that didn't get a doll. I'm also disgusted by people bragging about how many they got while others are in despair. It doesn't bother me if they want to make money off of dolls, but there is no need to rub it in people's faces.

I also want to send a special thank you out to Polaris. Without his help I would have never had a chance to get a doll. Bless you for helping us when you already had your dolls. I checked my order and it still shows active. At this point, I believe it's okay since I purchase in the first five minutes the doll was available. Thanks also to the link fairies.

My 'favorite' post there is the person bragging how he has 3 and he's planning to sell them for $1000. Like, take that attitude to eBay; no need to rub salt on the wounds of collectors who didn't get them. Although I've noticed a few people with low post count try to sell their dolls on our site as well so....

Does your order status show "Active" or "Sorry, we're unable to obtain the current status of your order right now. The information below might not includes recent updates. Please try again later. Or, you can contact Guest Services for assistance."

Mine says Active. The "sorry we're unable to obtain" is not necessarily a bad thing though. My previous orders have said that when they are getting ready to ship.

Mine says Active. The "sorry we're unable to obtain" is not necessarily a bad thing though. My previous orders have said that when they are getting ready to ship.

You're absolutely right Caroline, my 17'' LE Ariel had the same thing for a few days until I got an email saying from Disney, about two days later, that my shipment would be with me soon. Next day I had a text from the delivery company saying they would be deliver in the morning.

I just called Disney to check on the status. They were able to tell me it went through! I would just give them a call if you are concerned. :) Good luck!

I don't mind if people bought them to sell or even trade, that is literally the point of a market economy... supply and demand. I'm even having my mother check up north the Disney store near her for one to possibly trade since she went to two of the raffles and was basically the only one to sign up (one of them was Belle!) but passed up because I got them down here. At the end of the day, I really think they aren't "worth more" than what they are originally worth. I guess I'm more of "a doll for a doll" type guy and only in special cases were I *truly* wanted something so badly would I trade more than one thing for another. I don't agree necessarily for buying multiples of them specifically to sell for a hefty fee, but if I did something like it would be in order to cover the cost of another doll that was not easy to come by or cost an arm and a leg. Power to the people who have enough money to drop on more than one at a time, but even more power to the people willing to pay those prices on Ebay, because all the ones complaining about it usually end up buying it, and ultimately they nail that price into the coffin.

I think it is in poor taste for people to be gloating about getting more than one to resell for an exorbitant amount, but if they want to come forward and buy one to try for a 17" Snow or Gothel or whatever, go them. Who knows, there could be someone out there who doesn't have proper room or isn't in love with her as much as they are Ariel? Who knows! I thought my Ursula and Eric were canceled online for instance but they came in the other day, so I'm trying to get other 17" dolls I've missed out on in the past and I see nothing wrong with trying to trade, you never know, right?

I think a lot of these people who placed orders after 3:14 (EST) are going to be really upset within the next day or so... I see no point in cursing out others or shaking their fists at a computer screen though... It is sad that they didn't get it, but there is always hope to be had on Ebay. Not every listing ever will be $500+, they just won't want to dedicate themselves to checking. If there's a will, there's a way!

Last edited:
Im so heartbroken right now :'( I can't believe I missed the set I knew wanted before I even saw the pictures Im happy that it seems a good bunch of you guys got them. at least some collectors got them and they didn't all go to the terrible greedy people
Omg Guppy, I am soooo sorry :( I really do feel your pain and wish their was some way I could help. Don't lose faith, you will have her, I know you will. Big hugs!! :hug:
I will keep an eye open for you.

I was reeeaaallly close to getting Ariel and Eric this morning but couldn't justify £100 when I only like half the set (Ariel) anyway I'm sorry so many are disappointed

I was reeeaaallly close to getting Ariel and Eric this morning but couldn't justify £100 when I only like half the set (Ariel) anyway I'm sorry so many are disappointed

Same. I could have got them for £80 but still backed out. They are beautiful but too expensive for me; even with 20% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back