• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aladdin 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aladdin 2015 Merchandise
LOL I was waiting for your list of points, lordofanime, of all the negative outcome that vinylmation is literally coming to an end. I had to stop collecting them because of how massively messed up the system for release dates have been going since then. Plus like you said, it went to extraordinary to utterly looking like small people design for the frozen set. I really do miss the amazing designs they use to have back in the days. It would be a miracle if Disney has any signs of dignity to bring back vinylmations for Aladdin & this time in 3" form & way better & executed design quality.

Did you get the Jafar and Iago set that came out recently?

Oh! That is nothing compared to what's happened since then!

1. Yeah... So Disney decided that they were going to release Aladdin as juniors, instead of being a full 3" figures, and a lot of people were kinda mad because the level of detail on them was meant to be on a bigger vinylmation.
2. Disney decided to hold the imagination gala and showcased a lot of new vinylmations but no dates.
3. Some big disneystore artists reported that they haven't worked on vinylmation designs since LAST SUMMER!
4. Every time they release a vinylmation set, they allocate like 10% to the online store and 90% to D-street. the 10% sell out in like 20 minutes and the ones in D-street end up going to the outlet store because they overstocked them. This meant that almost all the vinylmations released go on sale on the outlets for like 70% off, and multiple people have reported that the stock for the discounted vinylmations is increasing and increasing.
5. Release dates got screwed up... Massively!
  • One set came out without any announcements and sold out instantly online, and a lot of people didn't get the chance to buy them because they weren't aware that it had come out.
  • Some sets were announced to come out in like 3 weeks, but ended up going on sale at the end of the announcement week (so 3 weeks early) with no warning.
  • Some sets were advertised to come out in a specific date, online and in stores. They never showed up online.
  • Some sets that were parts of lines (Villainous Duos) didn't come out online, even though other sets in the same line were sold online.
  • The announced the annual Disney Parks vinylmations and mentioned when they would come out... They came out like 3 weeks late and showed up at the wrong stores.
6. Super, and I mean SUPER, limited stock at Disney Stores. See, vinylmation is usually sold in D-Street, but some sets are made for the Disney Store, those are usually the movie ones like Cinderella and 101 Dalmatians. Most stores no longer have these sets because they sold out and they never got any replenishment. With the exception of 101 Dalmatians which no one will buy due to dumb design decisions. 5 of the 8 were Dalmatians that looked very similar, while the two crooks and the maid didn't even get made. Not to mention Roger being tall but Cruella being short.
7. Disney officially removed ALL of the trading boxes from the parks and no longer hold vinylmation trading events. Which meant that every single collector who had piles and piles of traders had to sell them on eBay which devalued EVERY SINGLE VINYLMATION.
8. Limited-to-none new releases. It's been sooo long since we've had an announcement of a new set coming out and people aren't even sure if they will even make them anymore.
9. And finally, the final nail in the coffin..... This steaming pile of horse**** they decided to make:

Oh, and just to make matters worse, the chaser was an olaf wearing a hula skirt.

Yes. DisneyStore, go swim in the money you made off of Frozen and neglect all your fans who follow you blindly.

We went form this perfection:
MVG983615LARGE.jpg

To whatever this is:

I'm so sorry about the long rant, but I need to blow off some steam.

Woah. Thank you for clarifying. I knew about the crappy Frozen designs (which are cute but they look more like a spin off line of figures than a main Frozen line), and I knew that Disney was being really questionable with releases but I didn't realize that things were THIS bad. I may not collect a lot of vinylmations, but they are such a cool line of Disney collectibles that I know a lot of people buy and trade religiously. The fact that Disney is handling them so poorly really sucks, but honestly I am so used to their questionable decisions and actions by this point that I can't be that surprised anymore. I really hope they don't stop making them all together either. There is a Peter Pan line in the works that I was really looking forward to getting (if the designs are as good as the box art).

On a happier note, is everyone getting really pumped for the Jasmine release? She should be out for pre-order next month, so I hope we get some information before the month is out! Also, D23 is not too far off either, which means tons of merchandise reveals and leaks!

I collected Vinylmation for a while but as others brought up, Disney was just making TOO many TOO quickly. I couldn't keep up. Also, I was highly disappointed when the mold changed from a genuine recognizable Mickey Mouse to the vaguely Mickey shaped blob it they're currently using though that didn't stop me from going for lots of Vinyls after that. But, then other companies, like Funko, started putting out vinyl collectibles of Disney characters and frankly, they're cuter (I appreciate the figures being shaped like the actual character, though I also appreciate many Vinylmations that had incredible artwork) but more importantly, they're so much CHEAPER. Vinylmations were ballooning in price far too quickly, which when combined with the overabundance of them, just killed my desire to keep collecting them. Yeah, the vinyl quality of Vinylmations IS considerably better than that of Funko's Pops! or Mystery Minis but my wallet is happier buying Funkos. I really do like some of the Park exclusive Vinlymations that are shaped like the characters they are as opposed to painted on Mickey so I wouldn't mind more of those, but again, cost. They're like $18.95 each, US!!

I dunno, nothing lasts forever. The Vinylmation fad seems to have died. I think Disney's current payday is the Tsum Tsums, which are MUCH more affordable and we'll always know what's coming out and which day it'll be released on. So that's my go-to collection for now, other than the LE dolls, and Funkos for vinyl collectibles. I'm still hoping they'll release an Aladdin Pop! to go along with the Jasmine, Genie, and Jafar they've already put out.

Will the Jasmine LE more likely be released in June or July for pre-order? I've got some serious saving to do, haha. :)

I would say July. Since I remembered I pre-ordered the LE Ariel doll in July 2013 & then it was available in October to coincide with the blu-ray release.

But I just want to see sneak peeks of the LE Jasmine & possible Aladdin dolls already! Hoping they would do a LE Genie doll as well too.

I would say July. Since I remembered I pre-ordered the LE Ariel doll in July 2013 & then it was available in October to coincide with the blu-ray release.

But I just want to see sneak peeks of the LE Jasmine & possible Aladdin dolls already! Hoping they would do a LE Genie doll as well too.

Aurora's preorder was in July as well.

lordofanime, wow, I had no idea the vinylmations used to be so cute. What fantastic attention to detail in a lot of those Little Mermaid ones. It really brings you back to movie moments! I never got into the vinylmations because by the time I saw them they already looked not so good, like the Frozen batch (and I'm a sucker for Frozen, but still, no thanks on those). However, now I can see why people DID get into VMs. It's sad that it fell from such heights. I sure hope this will not happen to any Disney lines I collect now. Of course, everything is temporary, but Disney really has the opportunity to create product lines with a legacy. I hope that will continue to be important to them rather than focusing on immediate profit margins.

Back on thread, is the (a) LE doll confirmed to be Jasmine? I still have my fingers crossed for a 17" Prince Ali :)

Dunno if anyone has already seen this or if I'm way behind but some Jasmine stuff cropped up on the DS website. I'm thinking of getting this stationery set because I really love the designs :)

I hope the le jasmine doll looks good. I've been debating if I should get her since I still need to save up for Ariel. I guess I would try to buy if she had peacock feathers, I just hope they don't have another surprise variant doll, or Harrods set like Aurora. Boy was i pissed that they were planning to release Aurora in blue all along. Oh well

Dunno if anyone has already seen this or if I'm way behind but some Jasmine stuff cropped up on the DS website. I'm thinking of getting this stationery set because I really love the designs :)

Thanks for sharing! The artwork on these is really gorgeous! Hopefully we start seeing some more merchandise released on the website soon!

i'm pretty hyped for the LE dolls! the jasmine and aladdin designer couple was my favorite in terms on design! sadly i missed my chance to own them so hopefully i can snag the pair as 17" LEs <3

I really like the stationary set. Love that the image of the notebook has her with Rajah <3 As for the Aladdin animator, I have mixed feelings about him. Really wish they would have kept his mouth closed.

Ohhh I love him! Completely forgot they might of included him to the Animators line lol so so happy my jasmine won't be alone anymore :) And Abu to die for ^^

Much, much better than this:
mIqM_k5qlOgyFGHAeZupUpg.jpg
uh I'm excited!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back