• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a refund for the pins that someone had offered to buy me with no explanation. Needless to say that there are tears and snot and a lot of why, what's going on. I think I might be done with pins.
ugh! They should have at least given you an explanation. That is messed up. I'm sorry ruby. :(.

I just got back from the AIW event. I had to give up a bit too much (IMO) for both the regular and chaser Cheshire, but those were the only two that I wanted ... and now they're mine. I wouldn't say that I'm actually happy with the trade I got, but I'm just relieved that I won't have to keep looking for those pins indefinitely. Other than that, I thought the event went quite well, although I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get to meet up with nearly as many people as I would have liked. We really do need to have a way of identifying each other to make spotting each other at these events easier.

I just got a refund for the pins that someone had offered to buy me with no explanation. Needless to say that there are tears and snot and a lot of why, what's going on. I think I might be done with pins.

Wow, that really bites. I feel sooo bad for you. But as I've told other people, I wouldn't let one really bad experience with a bad apple ruin the entire pin hobby for you and be a reason to give up pins - unless you want to be done with pins because you want to be done with pins and are looking for an excuse to get out. If the arrangements for these pins were made on here (on DPF), I would notify the moderators and let them know what has happened. What has happened not only is unethical, but I believe, also illegal, because your buyer entered into and broke a binding legal contract when he/she agreed to sell you those pins.

But with everything that is said and done, don't give up. If you are meant to have those pins, you will find a way to trade for them or eventually buy them on the secondary market for a price you consider reasonable. But don't give up pin trading, something you so dearly love, just because of one person's rotten actions.

Kiddup, I still have one Eat Me/Drink Me left available on my thread. I know you're trying to get a good price, but if you need it, I still have it until someone claims it.

I just realized, looking at my post, once upon a time mine said I was a charter member. When did I become a newbie? And how come my Darkwing Duck picture doesn't show up? Weird.

Spoke too soon Kiddup. Someone just claimed my last Eat Me / Drink Me pin. Sorry. I hope you're able to get it.

Well I just got home from watching Battle LA, which I imagine wasn't too different than the day that some of you had. I didn't want to just sit at home dwelling on the pins I didn't get. It sounds like a lot of people didn't show up to claim their pins. So I'm glad that a lot of extra people benefited. I know someone benefited from my not being there. Although now I'm wishing I had just forked out the $600 for air and hotel expenses so that I would have been guaranteed the pins. I should know better than do count on someone else.

As for trading, I just don't know. I've had so many negative experiences that I'm not sure if it's worth it. I might just collect and only trade with CMs, granted you don't very often get much, but at least they can't turn you down, change their mind, ask them to buy you a new pin or counter offer. This hobby might just be a little too cutthroat for me. I started trading because I noticed a particular pin one day on a lanyard and I asked my friend about it and in the beginning it was fun and I just love pretty things, but then it became harder to find the pins I wanted and I started trading with other traders and so many of them are opportunistic. I just don't know. I want it to be fun again. That's why I was so excited about this event. Anyway I'm glad everyone who got to go had such a good time.

Well I just got home from watching Battle LA, which I imagine wasn't too different than the day that some of you had. I didn't want to just sit at home dwelling on the pins I didn't get. It sounds like a lot of people didn't show up to claim their pins. So I'm glad that a lot of extra people benefited. I know someone benefited from my not being there. Although now I'm wishing I had just forked out the $600 for air and hotel expenses so that I would have been guaranteed the pins. I should know better than do count on someone else.

As for trading, I just don't know. I've had so many negative experiences that I'm not sure if it's worth it. I might just collect and only trade with CMs, granted you don't very often get much, but at least they can't turn you down, change their mind, ask them to buy you a new pin or counter offer. This hobby might just be a little too cutthroat for me. I started trading because I noticed a particular pin one day on a lanyard and I asked my friend about it and in the beginning it was fun and I just love pretty things, but then it became harder to find the pins I wanted and I started trading with other traders and so many of them are opportunistic. I just don't know. I want it to be fun again. That's why I was so excited about this event. Anyway I'm glad everyone who got to go had such a good time.

Hey Ruby,
I'm really sorry to hear about your ordeal. I know how you feel. Like i had mentioned before, I was not able to go because It was going to be too expensive. I know that someone benefit from me not being there as I had been awarded wave 1. I hope that person enjoys the pins :) I Just wish it was easier to get someone to help out. Two members stepped up and I am really greateful for getting at least two pins at cost. That means alot to me. But as far as what they did to you, it really is messed up. If it is who I think it is, I am really glad I didn't pay for the pins I had asked for originally. To have you pay and then have them refund you the money??? Let's hope it was because they couldn't get the pins. But like i said, it's not fair to not even get an explanation. Like many have said, if it was all a big missunderstanding, then ok, if not: Leave negative feedback. Not cool at all. Let me know who it was please :)

Hey Ruby,
If it is who I think it is, I am really glad I didn't pay for the pins I had asked for originally. To have you pay and then have them refund you the money??? Let's hope it was because they couldn't get the pins. But like i said, it's not fair to not even get an explanation. Like many have said, if it was all a big missunderstanding, then ok, if not: Leave negative feedback. Not cool at all. Let me know who it was please :)

Despite having many opinions on some of these posts I was trying not to touch this thread with a ten foot pole, but I have to ask.....why is it ok for a buyer to say the are going to buy pins, string along the seller, and then back out but it's not ok for the seller to change their mind?

For the record, I don't think either is ok, but that seems like a bit of a double standard.

Geez chaser and regular combo of the doormouse for 125 or 150 on ebay already :lol: I got 3 sets of those in a row!

I dread what a chaser Alice is gonna be >_>

Last edited:
My boyfriend & I opened 3 Alice chasers this morning...
Wish we had a spare... but we traded them all towards our personal set.
BEST OF LUCK :D Hope the prices aren't too inflated

Despite having many opinions on some of these posts I was trying not to touch this thread with a ten foot pole, but I have to ask.....why is it ok for a buyer to say the are going to buy pins, string along the seller, and then back out but it's not ok for the seller to change their mind?

For the record, I don't think either is ok, but that seems like a bit of a double standard.

I agree. I had this happen to me. I had a buyer back out for no good reason and now he left me negative feedback even though I did everything I said I would do.

My boyfriend & I opened 3 Alice chasers this morning...
Wish we had a spare... but we traded them all towards our personal set.
BEST OF LUCK :D Hope the prices aren't too inflated
oooo lucky lucky,I got 3 doormouse chasers and traded em all off for other pins to complete sets and obtain chasers :D

Anyone else think the random-ratio on the mystery boxes was weird?around 4 of my boxes had the regular and chaser version of the same pin inside o_O

Just got back! I was really surprised at how much fun this event was. Despite some of the "heat" on this event heading into the weekend, everybody was really awesome. I had zero aspirations that I was going to be able to gather many Mystery Pins as Saturday started, but by the end of the day I had 9 of the 10 chasers - tantalizingly close to a set. More than that, though, the attitudes demonstrated throughout the day were just remarkably cooperative and positive. I got to make a few peoples' days helping them finish out Mystery sets, and got to meet an incredible number of awesome DPFers. Snazzy, Grim, Jabberwocky, Kate, Disneypins99... easily a dozen others I can't remember right now due to exhaustion (sorry about that!). Just all awesome folks, plus many more new friends who'll surely become DPFers in the near future, too.

The sense of community exceeded my wildest hopes for this thing. Literally the only rough patch of the day came when they had to move the 1 PM second chance line from one end of Tomorrow Land to another, but all in all that was really just six minutes of shuffling about in a slightly disorganized fashion. The other 10 hours of the day were downright mellow.

Product notes? The frame's huge - 43 centimeters by 48 centimeters for us metric types. It's like, twice the size I thought it'd be. The Jumbo was gorgeous. The Pocket Watch was big, awesome, and the second/minute hand inside the locket closure was a spinner - easily my favorite of the non-Mystery pins. And the sleeper hit of the event was the somewhat-maligned Logo pin, which turned out to have an unadvertised moving element - the hat was a hinged pin on pin component, and swung away from the body of the pin to reveal one of the playing card soldiers standing behind it. Caligirl might've been the first person to figure that out as we all waited in the artist signing line, and revealing the moving element to people throughout the day left many minds totally blown. Mine included! ^_^ We were kind of just freaking out, finding out that the one pin that seemed to be in lowest demand actually had this totally cool, unexpected secret to it, and then watching peoples' reactions to it when it was revealed. I hate to be hackneyed about it, but that pin was basically Disney magic all day long.

Big thanks to everybody here who made me, as a total noob, feel like a part of the pin trading family. You guys were awesome. From Grim's stickers, to '99 sharing his little pin wrapping bags with me - I really appreciated everything you guys did.

For an event that had no boards; no pin games; no registration pin; no early bird bravado; and no auctions, this one was basically carried by the community (and the efforts of a stalwart staff of cast members who get there super-early to pull things together). And I don't think you could ask for better results than what went down today.

-JD

Anyone else think the random-ratio on the mystery boxes was weird?around 4 of my boxes had the regular and chaser version of the same pin inside o_O

I can't believe I just listed a bunch of people who I met today off DPF, and forgot you. After you posted right above me. Haha, sorry about that.

Yeah, it seemed like about 95% of the boxes with chasers, included the non-chaser version as the second pin. I saw a handful of boxes with chasers opened that had a non-matching pair - it happened, but it was rare.

-JD

That is the only way i was able to obtain the chaser set minus
ab5164c8.jpg
seems like this was the hardest pin to get?

Anyone having this pin please find something in my traders and certain pins on my wants? PM me, Please.

I can't believe I just listed a bunch of people who I met today off DPF, and forgot you. After you posted right above me. Haha, sorry about that.

Yeah, it seemed like about 95% of the boxes with chasers, included the non-chaser version as the second pin. I saw a handful of boxes with chasers opened that had a non-matching pair - it happened, but it was rare.

-JD
Haha no problem! I'm forgetabble this time cause my health and back issues made me feel like a pain in everyones butts! :(

Yeah it seemed so weird! Got 3 doormouses in a row that where that way!It felt like a cruel joke :lol:

That is the only way i was able to obtain the chaser set minus
ab5164c8.jpg
seems like this was the hardest pin to get?

Anyone having this pin please find something in my traders and certain pins on my wants? PM me, Please.
You pulled a double pin for 9 of the 10? Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back