• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition 17" Collector Dolls Information
Hooray the forum is back working again. This makes me very happy. :)
I only need a couple of 17" dolls now to complete the line up.
Which ones are you all looking for at the moment?

You should should do it before nov/dec because the prices the rise, and I think there could be a deal on ebay.

I agree. The holiday season just after doll season is not usually a good time to buy previously released dolls, as new collectors and people looking to gift them to their loved ones will be looking for them, increasing the demand and potentially driving up prices. Just keep a cool head and set a limit of what you are willing to pay. Be diligent in monitoring available sales and when the time is right, buy one. :)

Thanks guys, maybe the better deals will be after Christmas? I wish we knew the date that the Aurora designer couple doll will be released. And as for the 17inch Aurora and Maleficent I wish it would hurry and be October lol it's worrying not knowing if I will manage to get them!

Thanks guys, maybe the better deals will be after Christmas? I wish we knew the date that the Aurora designer couple doll will be released. And as for the 17inch Aurora and Maleficent I wish it would hurry and be October lol it's worrying not knowing if I will manage to get them!

I heard a rumor that the designer aurora couple doll will be released in September, I don't know if its true, but I heard it on a disney doll facebook site. I still wonder if there will be a LE maleficent doll, it would be nice, but it doesn't interest me much. It would be nice if they made a LE aurora doll in blue.

Took the plunge and bough Snow White. I am collecting these for my 3 girls who absolutely love these dolls. Just hope she does not decrease in value. Hopefully one day they can sell them for some money when I am long in the ground haha.

Did you get her? How did your girls react? I'm sure they'll love her.

It must mean a lot to them that you not only paid so much for an heirloom for them, but also chose to give it to them rather than sell it and make a profit. What a loving gesture. These dolls are just a way to make a quick buck for so many people, often at the expense of others who would genuinely appreciate them, so seeing ones that become family treasures makes me happy.

It must mean a lot to them that you not only paid so much for an heirloom for them, but also chose to give it to them rather than sell it and make a profit. What a loving gesture. These dolls are just a way to make a quick buck for so many people, often at the expense of others who would genuinely appreciate them, so seeing ones that become family treasures makes me happy.

Well my girls are 4 and under so they will appreciate it in time. I don't think I could sell her. She is way too special for us. She is in the cabinet in living room . With nov Anna and elsa and belle. Can only fit 4 in lol. I have 3 girls so I will divide them up between them when the 17" line stops. Just need purple rapunzel and tiana for the ones I want to get .

My eldest went mad for her and has since asked why have I not got rapunzel!! Lol I said she costs alot
of money. Which she replied use your card dad. Swear she has been watching my wife haha. My youngest is too young as she is only 6 months and my middle girl copied my eldest and was jumping up and down trying to talk. So think it went down well and they will love her I am sure

Well my girls are 4 and under so they will appreciate it in time. I don't think I could sell her. She is way too special for us. She is in the cabinet in living room . With nov Anna and elsa and belle. Can only fit 4 in lol. I have 3 girls so I will divide them up between them when the 17" line stops. Just need purple rapunzel and tiana for the ones I want to get .

Oh, I'd love to see them all displayed in their cabinet (it's hard to find furniture that can accommodate the boxed 17" dolls!)! Do you have a photo? You have the QoH too don't you, where is she displayed? :)

Oh, I'd love to see them all displayed in their cabinet (it's hard to find furniture that can accommodate the boxed 17" dolls!)! Do you have a photo? You have the QoH too don't you, where is she displayed? :)
i would love to see too! I am always trying to find good 17" shelves...i do not have an Ikea near me. :(

Edit: that is, good shelves for 17" dolls...not 17" shelves, lol.

Last edited:
My eldest went mad for her and has since asked why have I not got rapunzel!! Lol I said she costs alot
of money. Which she replied use your card dad. Swear she has been watching my wife haha. My youngest is too young as she is only 6 months and my middle girl copied my eldest and was jumping up and down trying to talk. So think it went down well and they will love her I am sure

based on this, I think your girls are already old enough to appreciate the dolls. They will understand the monetary sacrifice eventually, but for now, they just know their father cares. :)

So cute! Glad they like them :) A lot of people get upset when the dolls are purchased for kids, but hey, who said kids can't be collectors too? My sisters and I kept holiday Barbies as collector items and many times I kept toys in the boxes because I thought they were too pretty to open. I really hope you get Rapunzel and Tiana and that your girls adore them! Good luck!

So cute! Glad they like them :) A lot of people get upset when the dolls are purchased for kids, but hey, who said kids can't be collectors too? My sisters and I kept holiday Barbies as collector items and many times I kept toys in the boxes because I thought they were too pretty to open. I really hope you get Rapunzel and Tiana and that your girls adore them! Good luck!

This is so true, when I was little my mum would buy me the £100 Disney snowglobes and I knew they were expensive and cherished them. And just had them on a shelf. So some kids do appreciate things and can be collectors doesn't mean if you get them for a kid then they will ruin them, it depends on the kid. I think it's great Grahame gets these for his daughters. Would love to see a picture.

Thanks everyone for ur comments . Means a lot. I hope I get rapunzel and tiana as well.
i will try take a pic at weekend and upload for u all to see. Am still debating who to have in the cabinet
. Who will get a place? Only 4 can so have to think hard about it.
At the moment they can't touch but once they are older like 6 or 7 I may let them look At the dolls obviously still in the box . U know how kids can be with mucky fingers haha

Thanks everyone for ur comments . Means a lot. I hope I get rapunzel and tiana as well.
i will try take a pic at weekend and upload for u all to see. Am still debating who to have in the cabinet
. Who will get a place? Only 4 can so have to think hard about it.
At the moment they can't touch but once they are older like 6 or 7 I may let them look At the dolls obviously still in the box . U know how kids can be with mucky fingers haha

I want to see Snow White! And Queen of Hearts.

$900 for Snow White is a pretty good price, she has consistently been selling for between $900-$1500 for the last year or two I have been watching her on Ebay. Totally worth it though for an heirloom for your daughters, Im hoping to get her in the coming months as well. Most sellers have her listed for around $1200 with a make an offer option, Im hoping I can snag her for around the 900 mark myself before shipping/ duties. Sure beats the ridiculous amount this seller is asking. They are going to be sitting on that doll for awhile as there are always about two or three listed at any given time for half that price. LOL-Thats what they get for being greedy though!. Congratulations on your awesome purchase!!! She truly is a grail doll!.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Limi...prg=20131017132637&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=221518378049

Last edited:
$900 for Snow White is a pretty good price, she has consistently been selling for between $900-$1500 for the last year or two I have been watching her on Ebay. Totally worth it though for an heirloom for your daughters, Im hoping to get her in the coming months as well. Most sellers have her listed for around $1200 with a make an offer option, Im hoping I can snag her for around the 900 mark myself before shipping/ duties. Sure beats the ridiculous amount this seller is asking. They are going to be sitting on that doll for awhile as there are always about two or three listed at any given time for half that price. LOL-Thats what they get for being greedy though!. Congratulations on your awesome purchase!!! She truly is a grail doll!.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Limi...prg=20131017132637&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=221518378049

Yes i I have seen a few on eBay for $900 - $1000 in last week or 2. That uk one u r referring to is expensive yes but looking at it I have not seen one listed in the uk for a long time so this seller may get lucky . U never know.
I am sure u will get her for ur price u r looking for. Let us know when u get her

Yes i I have seen a few on eBay for $900 - $1000 in last week or 2. That uk one u r referring to is expensive yes but looking at it I have not seen one listed in the uk for a long time so this seller may get lucky . U never know.
I am sure u will get her for ur price u r looking for. Let us know when u get her

To be honest I think you would have to be a bit of an idiot to buy the Snow currently listed on UK eBay - it's WAY too expensive, it's even double the price of (already overpriced) dolls you can by from the US eBay so even with fees they work out miles cheaper!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back