• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LIKED the movie (3.5 out of 5 stars). I did not LOVE it overall; however I thought Angelina was awesome. I; however, felt no connection at all with Elle. I think Aurora could have been cast better.

I have not seen the movie yet but I plan to see it this week at some point. I love Angelina and I like where they are going with this take on the character of Maleficent who is one of my favorite female villains(though I am willing to admit the animated version is a bit one dimensional which is why I am glad they are giving her a back story) now I have seen the hot toys teaser and cant wait for the full reveal as someone who collects hot toys I have no doubt that the sculpt and figure will be amazing and highly detailed. Also cant wait for the Disney 17" Maleficent from the animated feature I beleive(an Angelina one would be Amazing but not counting on it )

I am thankful I wasn't hugely impressed with the film. It saves me from the merchandise!! Lol.

I personally liked all of the actors. I just thought the script and storyline needed some work. It was very predictable and contrite to me. But I am a bit of a movie snob so take that with a grain of salt!!

I agree the story was very predictable but still was very enjoyable, I felt the movie could have been longer. Usually movies feel long to me and get a bit boring whereas this I felt was over so quick and I wanted more lol.

I was reading on imdb and don't see why this film is being compared to Frozen so much:s I loved both movies but to me maleficent never bored me but with Frozen I was bored whenever Elsa wasn't on screen and find myself skipping to her parts. I guess all new Disney movies will be compared to it though.

Last edited:
^ I too felt the movie was short! It was about an hour and a half but seemed way shorter for some reason. Guess I just enjoyed it xD

I was reading on imdb and don't see why this film is being compared to Frozen so much:s I loved both movies but to me maleficent never bored me but with Frozen I was bored whenever Elsa wasn't on screen and find myself skipping to her parts. I guess all new Disney movies will be compared to it though.

That is one of the biggest problems I see when people talk about Maleficent. Yes the two have similar themes about true love not always being a man, but their takes on it were completely different. Frozen was sisterly love and Maleficent was motherly love. Plus one is an animated musical and another is a live action retelling so that alone shows how different they are. But that isn't the thing that bugs me the most. I am afraid for future Disney films, like Cinderella and Big Hero 6, because I am worried that all I am going to hear from both Disney fans and critics is that "it wasn't as good as Frozen" or they are going to compare them to Frozen even if they are completely different like Frozen is the godly definitive Disney film that can't be touched.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Frozen, and I do think its a great movie. But not everything related to Disney needs to be compared to it and frowned upon because "it wasn't as good as Frozen".

I agree, I love Frozen a lot and Elsa is one of my favourite characters but it gets annoying when every other film gets compared to it. I think big hero six will get it worst as it's the follow up animated film after frozen.

I read a lot of comparisons between Maleficent and Frozen and while like you said there are some similarities, overall they are very different. I don't no which I prefer over the other.

Hi fellow collectors! Many of your know my Wonder Woman collectibles website - ExperienceTheWonder.com. I've also developed a Maleficent collectibles website - ExperienceTheMistress.com. It features thorough exhibits with my own professional photography including full turnarounds and close-ups for many Maleficent collectibles including Big Figs, Figurines and Dolls. I look forward to participating in this forum!

Last week we added the Disney Store Maleficent Limited Edition Figure Statue - ours is #195/300. Below are a couple photos and a link to view the complete exhibit.

If you like our site, please bookmark and visit often. While you are there, be sure to check out our featured exhibits for the other movie merchandise including the dolls and park exclusives by choosing the "Maleficent Movie (2014) > Merchandise" category. Also, please Like our Facebook page for regular Maleficent news and updates.

Thanks for looking!

2014-Disney-Store-Maleficent-Limited-Edition-Figure-009.jpg

2014-Disney-Store-Maleficent-Limited-Edition-Figure-010.jpg

VIEW THE FULL EXHIBIT >>

Has a limited edition Angelina Jolie Maleficent doll actually been confirmed?

No they were referring to the animated doll that will more than likely be released for the diamond edition of Sleeping Beauty. The Angelina Jolie version of the Maleficent is only getting a Hot Toys figure/doll of her, which is a heck of a lot more expensive than a 17 inch Disney Store doll, but the quality is a lot higher.

No they were referring to the animated doll that will more than likely be released for the diamond edition of Sleeping Beauty. The Angelina Jolie version of the Maleficent is only getting a Hot Toys figure/doll of her, which is a heck of a lot more expensive than a 17 inch Disney Store doll, but the quality is a lot higher.
:( Aww, that's a shame. All the regular dolls I've seen, both Disney Store ones and none Disney Store ones, look nothing like Angelina Jolie. No way I can afford a Hot Toys version!

I was referring to this:

193082d1401281845-hot-toys-1-6-maleficent-teaser-hot-toys-maleficent-collectible-figure-teaser.jpg

Hopefully they get the face right, because as far as outfits go Hot Toys is pretty spot on. Price point will depend on her accessories, but figures typically run $200 something dollars. There are exceptions though, some with almost no accessories go less than $200 and some run north of $300.

Honestly, this movie didn't even happen in my mind :(

I can't believe what they did to her character!! Why can't female villains stay fierce and evil? Why do they have to be acting out on a broken heart? Lame. Maleficent is SO much bigger than what they made her in this movie. However, I will admit that Angelina Jolie did an amazing job in the acting department. I usually find her overrated, but she really owned this character (as unMaleficent as she was, which isn't her fault).

I'm really relieved and glad it's being received so well, though. I was expecting people to burn theaters down.

I don't think a movie about a pure evil villain hell bent on cursing a baby would fly very well. I mean it would with me (LOL) but that's not "family friendly". I would've loved for the movie to be a bit darker and Maleficent to be more "mistress of all evil" but thoroughly enjoyed this take as well.

I would love another company to do Maleficent ,kind of like how whoever did Snow white and the huntsman did because their evil queen was amazingly evil more so than Disneys. I just don't see Disney doing a version were it's very dark as it has to appeal to family's.
I love Sleeping beauty's evil maleficent( she's my favourite character) but I also do really like Jolie's version and while the character is nothing like the one in sleeping beauty I still really enjoyed the movie. Does anyone know how well the movie is doing?

I would love another company to do Maleficent ,kind of like how whoever did Snow white and the huntsman did because their evil queen was amazingly evil more so than Disneys. I just don't see Disney doing a version were it's very dark as it has to appeal to family's.
I love Sleeping beauty's evil maleficent( she's my favourite character) but I also do really like Jolie's version and while the character is nothing like the one in sleeping beauty I still really enjoyed the movie. Does anyone know how well the movie is doing?

Its doing quite good right now. On opening weekend, it got 70 million domestically, which was above expectations, and then it got 100 million world wide. So on its opening weekend alone it made 170 million, which is quite good for its first weekend. Granted, we have to wait until the box office results for this weekend before we can really state if its doing well or not, but we do know that it has a good start.

Last edited:
She looks really good, love the accessories. The outfit could do with being tighter or they should of used a slimmer body and I don't think the likeness is 100% their but it's the best face sculpt so far. Can't wait to get this

Ok does anyone know where or how to preorder cuzz I can't find that option?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back