• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
Just came back from the movie. It exceeded my expectations and I enjoyed more than Oz! Angelina was great in this movie and enjoyed all of her scenes. Not too dark but still had some moments :) oh and also felt that Aurora was a bit more fleshed out in this compared to her animated counterpart.

Last edited:
I just watched the film myself. As someone who didn't care for Alice in Wonderland and Oz the Great and Powerful, I really liked the movie! Angelina Jolie is almost perfect as Maleficent. Easily one of her best performances. I liked the story and characters, and the visuals and music were both beautiful and stunning at times, but my main complaint is that they could have made it longer to give more time for character development and show several scenes from the novel that I feel would have added to the overall experience. It was originally over two hours to begin with, so I hope that Disney releases a directors/extended cut of some kind. I also felt that the tone was inconsistent all throughout the movie in that it wasn't sure if it really wanted to be kid friendly or go dark. Other than that, I loved the movie, and it will be the first out of Disney's live action fairytale line that I actually buy on blu-ray.

I just watched the film myself. As someone who didn't care for Alice in Wonderland and Oz the Great and Powerful, I really liked the movie! Angelina Jolie is almost perfect as Maleficent. Easily one of her best performances. I liked the story and characters, and the visuals and music were both beautiful and stunning at times, but my main complaint is that they could have made it longer to give more time for character development and show several scenes from the novel that I feel would have added to the overall experience. It was originally over two hours to begin with, so I hope that Disney releases a directors/extended cut of some kind. I also felt that the tone was inconsistent all throughout the movie in that it wasn't sure if it really wanted to be kid friendly or go dark. Other than that, I loved the movie, and it will be the first out of Disney's live action fairytale line that I actually buy on blu-ray.

I agree. I think it could've been a bit longer to for more character development. Now I want to read the book to envision the mssing scenes lol! After seeing the film, I'm very intrigued about what accessories the hot toys maleficent figure will have besides interchangable hands and staff!

It would be crazy good if they include wings and maybe second head. Guys does anyone know how is it with ordering hot toys products cuzz maybe we should order together cuzz of postage and customs?!?

I agree. I think it could've been a bit longer to for more character development. Now I want to read the book to envision the mssing scenes lol! After seeing the film, I'm very intrigued about what accessories the hot toys maleficent figure will have besides interchangable hands and staff!

The novel is fantastic! I would go as far as to say that its actually kinda better than the movie. The movie is great, but the novel goes into a lot more detail on events and such. Particularly Maleficent's hatred for humans. After watching the film, I kinda want her to have a Dival that can perch on her staff lol. Some different facial expressions would be nice too.

It would be crazy good if they include wings and maybe second head. Guys does anyone know how is it with ordering hot toys products cuzz maybe we should order together cuzz of postage and customs?!?

Well I personally have never ordered from them, but im pretty sure I know how it works. When Maleficent goes up for order, you can pay all of the money upfront, or you can do monthly payments. Once you have everything paid for, they will ship it out once its ready to ship, which usually isn't for quite a while.

I just got back from the movie.

Hated it.
I thought that my opinion of the movie was going to effected by the animated classic... but it wasn't.
The movie was just plain awful.
The movie focused more on the visuals than the characters or the story. the CGI was very uneven. The story was very very clunky. It felt like they wrote the scenes separately and then pasted them together without a link. The dialogue was horrendous at parts. Characters were flat with no personalities whatsoever. The director has no presence, it felt like he was a puppet that was controlled by corporate and the producers.

Jolie was a good maleficent. there were parts that felt like she was overacting.

The movie was just a complete mess.
A 4/10. I'm being very generous too.

I just got back from the movie.

Hated it.
I thought that my opinion of the movie was going to effected by the animated classic... but it wasn't.
The movie was just plain awful.
The movie focused more on the visuals than the characters or the story. the CGI was very uneven. The story was very very clunky. It felt like they wrote the scenes separately and then pasted them together without a link. The dialogue was horrendous at parts. Characters were flat with no personalities whatsoever. The director has no presence, it felt like he was a puppet that was controlled by corporate and the producers.

Jolie was a good maleficent. there were parts that felt like she was overacting.

The movie was just a complete mess.
A 4/10. I'm being very generous too.

Sad to hear you didn't like it, but hey not everyone is going to. I liked the film quite a bit and I do plan on buying it on blu-ray when it comes out. I certainly liked it a heck of a lot more than Oz and Alice.

Alice was a terrible film but I did enjoy Oz the Great and Powerful so I am hoping to like this. I love Jolie she has been my favorite for years so at least she will be worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
I feel like Oz was an Alice wannabe and I think this will be no different... In terms of live action Burton's Alice was a turning point for live action fairy tales and classics by Disney... in my opinion Alice has been superior so far, directors are kinda trying to do the whole creepy Burton thing and missing the point entirely... Only Tim can produce stuff that really works like that lol :p I thought the directing in Oz was really awkward :(

On the bright side, I think Angelina will make a pretty good Mali and I'm still looking forward to seeing it :) Nothing beats the animated original though... Beautiful!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No just the statue they released. We will get the LE doll for the animated character which should be released later in the year when Sleeping beauty comes to blu ray.

Im already planning on going to see maleficent again! My bf and friends who went to see it with me also want to see it again. I would have been disappointed that maleficent isn't a villain any more but I had read the novel( excellent read) so knew what to expect, so wasn't shocked and could enjoy the movie as it's own film. I actually prefer it to Frozen!

I would say disney are getting better and better as I thought Oz was a lot better Alice and maleficent is a lot better than oz.

I'm a little hesitant to see the movie after finding out a bit about where they are going with it (without spoiling anything: I'm talking about Maleficent herself and her role.) But I'm going to give it a shot. After all, I thought I was going to hate Alice in Wonderland and I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Haha, although it appears that I am in the minority here regarding Alice. I wish people hated the alice merchandise as much as they hate the movie because I would have a better chance of finding it! :). Anyway - regardless of my feelings for the movie I'm going to need more Maleficent merch STAT!

I'm sorry. I'm a super Disney fan but I expected more from this movie. Not recommended in 3D or 2D. Just buy the blu-ray in October or November.:sad:

Last edited:
Sad to hear you didn't like it, but hey not everyone is going to. I liked the film quite a bit and I do plan on buying it on blu-ray when it comes out. I certainly liked it a heck of a lot more than Oz and Alice.

Off topic I know. But not everyone will like the same movie it's just not possible..

For the record I did enjoy Oz very much but again that is just me. Minus Johnny depp Alice did have some great actors in it,

Well I can't say that is spectacular but it's not bad and what makes it that way is Angelina. Her performance is really good and quite dramatic, teatrical and it should be that way.

I'm sorry. I'm a super Disney fan but I expected more from this movie. Not recommended in 3D or 2D. Just buy the blu-ray in October or November.:sad:

Isn´t bying on blue-ray higher recommendation that seeing it in theatre? I very rarely buy movies. I do not think I will like this movie much but i am rather curious about it. But I do not wish to see it in theatre if it is bad, I would rather rent it.

If anyone is going to type spoilers for the movie here, could someone update the thread title with something like "*movie spoilers*"?

i saw some of the props and costumes in the World of Maleficent exhibition and the wings are amazing up close, they're huge !!

Can't wait to see what Hot Toys will have on offer. Maleficent will always be my favourite character so I'm hoping to be able to get something to go with my dolls although I would be quite happy with the coronation doll, if she becomes available in the UK

Last edited:
I loved the modern re telling of " true love" similar to Frozen, a woman doesn't always need a man to save her......

Maybe all these bad reviews will still let me have the chance of buying that Maleficent shirt I want from the Disney Store..

loved the alice film, didn't like oz too much. didn't grip me or keep me super entertained.

at least with wonderland, i can always find something to like. perhaps i'm biased.

in any case, am probs gonna see maleficent but later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back