• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Fairytale Designer Collection Pin set - D23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Fairytale Designer Collection Pin set - D23
I have mixed feelings right now. I think that the lithographs are really gorgeous and they look great, but are they really designer? Am the only one that sees next to NOTHING different with any of the princes except Aladdin and Beast? Eric, Flynn, and the Prince all look like they have minimal changes, I would never call Eric or Flynn Designer in my lifetime since there isn't anything designer about them.

As for the princesses, Ariel and Belle are pretty big disappointments since there isn't much new about either of them either, just a print or a stitch there as compared to the dress in the movie. Belle is the worst culprit because her design looks nearly exactly like her original Designer outfit, really -__- They could even go with her blue dress.

Rapunzel, Snow White, and Jasmine are nice though. All and all, they are a nice pin set and if I can get a set, I'd keep it. If not, I'm not losing any sleep :( Not very pleased overall, I'll have to wait to see what the actual dolls and pins look like first ^_^

I have mixed feelings right now. I think that the lithographs are really gorgeous and they look great, but are they really designer? Am the only one that sees next to NOTHING different with any of the princes except Aladdin and Beast? Eric, Flynn, and the Prince all look like they have minimal changes, I would never call Eric or Flynn Designer in my lifetime since there isn't anything designer about them.

As for the princesses, Ariel and Belle are pretty big disappointments since there isn't much new about either of them either, just a print or a stitch there as compared to the dress in the movie. Belle is the worst culprit because her design looks nearly exactly like her original Designer outfit, really -__- They could even go with her blue dress.

Rapunzel, Snow White, and Jasmine are nice though. All and all, they are a nice pin set and if I can get a set, I'd keep it. If not, I'm not losing any sleep :( Not very pleased overall, I'll have to wait to see what the actual dolls and pins look like first ^_^

Pretty much why I like Snow and Jasmine.. I feel that they did a very unique and cool design for those two couples compared to the others. Can't wait to see how they all turn out though! :)

Pretty much why I like Snow and Jasmine.. I feel that they did a very unique and cool design for those two couples compared to the others. Can't wait to see how they all turn out though! :)

Yeah, I would say they are the best 2 by far, Rapunzel coming in in 3rd. I actually quite like Rapunzel's design, it's an amazing take on her actual dress (never really understood where they got the pink from the original DP) and Flynn only helps, even if there is nothing special about that design vs. the PTD design.

It's just Ariel and Belle who get me, maybe I'm being overcritical because they are my favorite 2 princess in the set so I was hoping for much more than what I got :(

Yeah, I would say they are the best 2 by far, Rapunzel coming in in 3rd. I actually quite like Rapunzel's design, it's an amazing take on her actual dress (never really understood where they got the pink from the original DP) and Flynn only helps, even if there is nothing special about that design vs. the PTD design.

It's just Ariel and Belle who get me, maybe I'm being overcritical because they are my favorite 2 princess in the set so I was hoping for much more than what I got :(

Definitely agree with you. Rapunzel looks gorgeous. Love her dress and the way they have done her hair. Something different! I like Flynn, but I feel like they could have done something to make her fit with her a bit better. Maybe it's just the way they've posed him. It feels like a disconnect.

I don't think you're being overcritical at all :) I like that they used Ariel's blue dress, but would've preferred maybe her pink dress? I feel like they could have done more with that, especially since all the other girls are so dressed up. Also, I feel like they posed her and Eric oddly. Maybe that's just me. As for Belle, I like the overall image, I just wish they'd done something a little more exciting and different with her outfit. I guess there's only so much you can do with the yellow dress, but they could have used the blue, since that was the direction they went with Ariel... But then those two would be similar... I don't know! Just my mind racing.

They're all beautiful, just some give me more of a wow factor more than others. They never fail to excite me with Snow White's dress design.

Agreed about the princes... not much "designer" about Eric, the Prince, and Flynn.

I am hoping it is a ds.com release.

Thanks Kristine ^_^ Sadly, I have a strong feeling the pins will be release at D23 only. I heard that the lithos are a much higher LE size so perhaps the pins will be too and they'll release some at D23 and then some on DS.com. I doubt it, but I'm holding out for it :x: If I could get a set of these pins, I'd keep them since they are pretty (if they are what the lithos look like), if not, no sleep lost :)

Does anyone have a link or another picture of the actual pins? The picture that starry_solo posted isn't coming up on my computer. I think I saw them in the background of that video they are running on the Disney Store blog but I would love to see them closer.

I'm crossing everything and hoping that someone will help me get a set of these pins. I wish I could go to the D23 event, but alas I have a limited budget. I have been blessed so far and managed to acquire all the Designer sets and I'm hoping the trend will continue. Sure do hope they release them online and give us a little warning. At least then everyone would have an equal chance.

bump for the day! :)

I have to work the day they are rumored to be released and can't get the day off work :(

I wonder how much the set will sell for since there are only 5 pins instead of 10 this time. Probably the same price as Designer Villains?

The dolls are on an auction site (Voldermort-he who shall not be named) for pre-sale, delivery mid-October starting at $279 and they are a LE 6000

I wonder how much the set will sell for since there are only 5 pins instead of 10 this time. Probably the same price as Designer Villains?

Definitely higher I'd think (not sure by how much though). Not only are princesses more popular than villains but these pins include the princesses AND the princes which is a huge plus.

The one thing I have to note is that this pin set does not really belong with the past 2 Designer lines. The entire style of these pins are different than the last 2 so I think some people might be turned off by that. We'll have to wait and see but I know that at least the Rapunzel and Ariel pins (which are being met with huge acclaim by their designs) will go for a pretty penny (I'm think $300 to start, eventually rising to $500).

I am expecting the pin set to retail between $200 and $300.

I really want one set, maybe two (one to keep as a set in the box, in pristine condition, the other to put into separate pin bags).

But just really one set....ugh...

I am expecting the pin set to retail between $200 and $300.

I really want one set, maybe two (one to keep as a set in the box, in pristine condition, the other to put into separate pin bags).

But just really one set....ugh...

If you managed to get 2 sets, SPREAD THE LOVE!!!! :lol: Everyone is clamoring for just one set (or in my case, more like just Ariel...Rapunzel and Belle are just dreams at this rate) haha I sincerely hope someone doesn't keep 2 or more just for the sake of keeping 2 (I mean, unless the second is gonna be sold, traded, zapped in the future) O_O

If you managed to get 2 sets, SPREAD THE LOVE!!!! :lol: Everyone is clamoring for just one set (or in my case, more like just Ariel...Rapunzel and Belle are just dreams at this rate) haha I sincerely hope someone doesn't keep 2 or more just for the sake of keeping 2 (I mean, unless the second is gonna be sold, traded, zapped in the future) O_O

Unless Disney spreads the love by selling 1/3 of them on Friday, 1/3 on Saturday, 1/3 on Sunday, it'll be impossible for me to get any sets on Friday (work) :p

Unless Disney spreads the love by selling 1/3 of them on Friday, 1/3 on Saturday, 1/3 on Sunday, it'll be impossible for me to get any sets on Friday (work) :p

Even better. I think they should just make them LE50000000 and then release 1/5 on Friday, 1/5 on Saturday, 1/5 on Sunday, and the last 2/5 online one night :lol: I can dream though. Li, If they end up doing the 1/3 thing (which personally, can I just say is ingenious) and they have a 2 per day thing and you manage to get 2 or more sets...please:

Think of me
think of me fondly
when we've said
goodbye.
Remember me
once in a while --
please promise me
you'll try.

When you find
that, once
again, you think
of these Designer pins
you seek --
if you
ever find
an Ariel,
spare that pin
for me

:lol: Anyone who knows where that is from...YOU'RE AWESOME!!! Okay, fine, I'll just give it to you haha

[video=youtube;XfTgCPUJwRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTgCPUJwRk[/video]

Last edited:
:lol: Anyone who knows where that is from...YOU'RE AWESOME!!! Okay, fine, I'll just give it to you haha

LOL, how about this video? Don't Stop Believin!

[video=youtube;5WxPyUzWSPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WxPyUzWSPA[/video]

I want to hold onto hope that they will spread out the pins because I only have tickets for Sunday.

I'm waiting to get my tickets for Saturday. Hopefully should have them in hand today.

But back to my original post, although I would appreciate getting them for retail, I do not mind paying a fee as well :) Just don't make it hurt. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back