• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13
they both had school at different times and security was informed before the switch was made. Her name was on the list of people to get wristbands. I think if there is someone you have a problem with, you should PM them .
Its just like fortune belittling beeatingu. PM Them!

how is that okay? especially for a 2 day campout? a few people were told they could not do that (after 4 people had already done it).

I wasn't aware DSF said you couldn't do that... People have always done that from what I've seen

My question would be: How does it affect you? If you are #50, you are _still_ #50. In the end what difference does it make what happens the 49 people in front of you? The person doing the swapping just needs to explain to those around them what they are doing so they don't accused of line cutting... Most of are nice people, we won't have an issue with it.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but just so you know, I live in the UK and therefore have no idea how DSF wristbands/pin distribution/etc actually works. I assumed that as long as you had a wristband, you had the right to buy the pins. I had no idea that you had to be in a specific order for a specific time. So yeah, to me, it does sound very harsh that a person who is 1 minute late is unable to buy their pins. What if someone had a good, genuine reason for being late? Why can't exceptions be made in exceptional circumstances?

As I said, it just seems very harsh, even if those are the rules. :)

It was a general observation that there now seems to be some questions concerning a rule that is communicated to each and every person receiving a wristband. Is it harsh? Only if you don't manage to get back in line at the appointed time.

Should there be exceptions? In my opinion, no. If someone cared enough to put in all that time to wait for the wristband, they should care enough to be there early for the final line up. In the end, it's for items that people want and not for something like food for starving children. Perspective.

I'm not saying that you can't feel that the rules are harsh. I respect your opinion, even though I do not share the same sentiment. :)

I wasn't aware DSF said you couldn't do that... People have always done that from what I've seen

My question would be: How does it affect you? If you are #50, you are _still_ #50. In the end what difference does it make what happens the 49 people in front of you? The person doing the swapping just needs to explain to those around them what they are doing so they don't accused of line cutting... Most of are nice people, we won't have an issue with it.

.... Rules are meant to be broken.

It was a general observation that there now seems to be some questions concerning a rule that is communicated to each and every person receiving a wristband. Is it harsh? Only if you don't manage to get back in line at the appointed time.

Should there be exceptions? In my opinion, no. If someone cared enough to put in all that time to wait for the wristband, they should care enough to be there early for the final line up. In the end, it's for items that people want and not for something like food for starving children. Perspective.

I'm not saying that you can't feel that the rules are harsh. I respect your opinion, even though I do not share the same sentiment. :)

+100 ....no exceptions

It's because this person happens to be a friend of mine, that gets my pins, but that doesn't mean I pay cost any longer. I pay her for her time, parking & gas. But I have not caused drama and I don't intend too. I decided to stay and mind my own business.

There were people who just ... Left. Started/signed the list and took off. Went to school/work. Sleeped at home and came back after 10-15 hours to "check in". This thread is getting closed for sure.

There were people who just ... Left. Started/signed the list and took off. Went to school/work. Sleeped at home and came back after 10-15 hours to "check in". This thread is getting closed for sure.

How was it fair that people like you had to wait the whole time till 7pm on Friday to get a wristband, when others in front of you got to go home/school and come back the day of the wristband distribution ?

Now, the employee gives out the 150 vouchers, and suddenly the real #20 shows up and wants his/her place in line. Theresa (employee) would have to go and move all the vouchers down one, and tell #150 they can no longer have 150 as someone showed up late that was earlier in line. And, in this case, she would have to tell 17 people that they had to give up their vouchers because of people that showed up late... Can you imagine how that would go down? Several people argued that 'First come, first serve' is the fair way to do this. Well, that rule applies to the 9:30 line up as well... The first 150 wristbanded people in line at 9:30 get the first 150 vouchers
thats not so if 20 would be late everyone would be moved up +1 and someone from stand by would move up making 151 150 if they came back than the number would go up one making it 150 once more and 151 who did not camp out the two days would go back to 151 standby line. No one would get cheated.

but sadly rules are rules and they where put to the back of the line.

I was vary happy to here other line members offer to get the pins for the people who showed up late, I myself got one for someone because I was only getting one angel. That is what friends are for and I am happy to help anyone who needs it.

We all had little sleep and traffic is out of our hands

Last edited:
People do have other obligations. And since it was addressed to Theresa and the security guards of their situation, it was allowed. Her mom stood in for her while she was gone. I think the drama should stop. I'm sure everyone is tired after a very tiring & stressful release. Take a deep breath and get some rest.
As long as you got your pins, I don't see what difference it makes. Only my honest opinion.
I'm sure dancecats will step in and close another thread.

I'm failing to see the drama in this thread? Is all open discussion, without name calling or general animosity, now considered drama?

It would actually be nice for people to know what is and isn't going to fly, in regards to line ettiquet.

In my opinion, line swapping should be fine. The idea is to keep the place in line and not add additional places by cutting. Others may feel differently. I would hope that others would share my opinion and I'm not going to belittle anyone for having one that differs from mine. If DFS allows line swapping, it is their decision and rule. Not mine.

I don't see the issue with line swapping,especially since there is only 1 braclet between the two. I only wish I had someone who could hold my spot long enough to go home and shower, because I felt so grungy and smelly lol, but thats ok! the shower felt soooo good when I got home.

Last edited:
Line swapping would have been fine if people were told NOT to do it and than went ahead and did it anyway and got away with it because.. again, rules were changed.

I want to be sure that I'm clear on this.

In my mind, line swapping is where there is a single spot in line that is shared or swapped between multiple people. The spot is always occupied by at least one person. In essence, they share the wait time.

Now, if there are two spots and one of them takes off to go to work or something and is gone for multiple hours without some other person swapping and waiting, then that is not ok. Someone should be waiting in that spot for the full amount of time.

From your statement, my definition of swapping was shutdown at some point? Or did the two spot scenario occur and someone bailed out of line, with no person taking their place, and came back later to assume the long empty space which should have been lost?

.... Rules are meant to be broken.

Then you shouldn't have a problem with it, right? :)

thats not so if 20 would be late everyone would be moved up +1 and someone from stand by would move up making 151 150 if they came back than the number would go up one making it 150 once more and 151 who did not camp out the two days would go back to 151 standby line.

Wait, that's basically what I said. They hand out 150 vouchers, and since one person didn't show up, #151 in line gets voucher number #150.

Now, #20 shows up a few minutes (after the designated hand-out time), and wants their spot. So, #151 (that's holding voucher #150) has to give that up for someone that wasn't there on time. (Remember, 9:30 wristband hand out is the golden time. _nothing_ else matters... Doesn't matter if you've been camping out since 1997, if you don't make it back by 9:30 for the voucher, you loose your spot. That is _clearly_ explained to each and every person when they get their wristband) That's what is fair. Everyone want's 'first-come, first-serve'. Well, it's first-come, first-serve for the wristbands, and THEN first-come, first-serve for the vouchers (the only difference being that the order you can line up is now pre-determined). At 9:30, the first 150 get the vouchers. If you want one, BE THERE ON TIME. In effect, they are selling the pins at 9:30 by handing out the vouchers. If they could sell all 150 sets of pins instantly at 9:30, those 150 paid and went home, and someone shows up at 9:35, what could they do? That's the situation you have to imagine. What about people that oversleep and wake up an noon? Should DSF be holding pins for them just in case they show up sometime during the day? There has to be a hard cutoff at some time, 30 minutes prior to opening is what they chose.

Then you shouldn't have a problem with it, right? :)

Wait, that's basically what I said. They hand out 150 vouchers, and since one person didn't show up, #151 in line gets voucher number #150.

Now, #20 shows up a few minutes (after the designated hand-out time), and wants their spot. So, #151 (that's holding voucher #150) has to give that up for someone that wasn't there on time. (Remember, 9:30 wristband hand out is the golden time. _nothing_ else matters... Doesn't matter if you've been camping out since 1997, if you don't make it back by 9:30 for the voucher, you loose your spot. That is _clearly_ explained to each and every person when they get their wristband) That's what is fair. Everyone want's 'first-come, first-serve'. Well, it's first-come, first-serve for the wristbands, and THEN first-come, first-serve for the vouchers (the only difference being that the order you can line up is now pre-determined). At 9:30, the first 150 get the vouchers. If you want one, BE THERE ON TIME. In effect, they are selling the pins at 9:30 by handing out the vouchers. If they could sell all 150 sets of pins instantly at 9:30, those 150 paid and went home, and someone shows up at 9:35, what could they do? That's the situation you have to imagine. What about people that oversleep and wake up an noon? Should DSF be holding pins for them just in case they show up sometime during the day? There has to be a hard cutoff at some time, 30 minutes prior to opening is what they chose.

i 100% agree with you. The vouchers are a stupid idea it should be just like at DL you get the wrist band than you have till 1pm than it becomes open to the public. It is almost like you line up to line up to get into a line it's ridiculous really I only did it so I don't miss out on my angel pin. I don't even know what to do with the others. It's hard to please everyone that's the problem. Hopefully a better solution is found in this up coming meeting and a batter solution can be meet

love not war

To be honest I like the way DSF does it better than Disneyland since the Disneyland wristbands are not numbered so you can be in line for hours and then still end up behind a bunch of people that ran to the pin store faster than you.

If I were one of those people who specifically didn't go and wait in line because they had work or school I would be upset. I'm sure they would have if they knew line substitution was appropriate if you can just "disappear" for 12 hours as long as you put your name on a piece of paper. That's where I see it being a problem.

To be honest I like the way DSF does it better than Disneyland since the Disneyland wristbands are not numbered so you can be in line for hours and then still end up behind a bunch of people that ran to the pin store faster than you.

But at least you know you will get the pin and they have two locations to chose from. All you have to do is wait

It has always been stated that the wristband ONLY gets you a voucher, it does not guarantee you a pin. Being back in line by the designated time guarantees you the pin. Theresa told EVERY person she wristbanded(which was everyone BTW) to be in line no later than 9:30, sales start at 10. If someone cannot follow simple instructions, they have no one to blame but themselves.

So... The one consistent rule is now being questioned?

I think it's only the consistency of the rule that's being questioned. Given that DSF has a (rather lengthy) history of making rules and then disregarding them, it seems odd that there's actually a rule that DSF WILL enforce.

For this release alone, they said via several phone calls to DPF members, "No lining up before 6 pm on Thursday". Then they said "No, really you can't line up until 8 am Thursday (I think this was the time)." Then, we heard "No, you can start actually lining up at midnight Thursday, but no sooner." But of course, we hear there were people in line at 11 pm Wednesday. etc. etc. etc.

I don't have a problem with the hard-and-fast rule they used on Saturday, but given all of their "fluidity" with the rules up till this point I wouldn't have thought they'd finally find a rule that they would enforce. Not that I had any dog in this fight, being 1500 miles away... An airtight alibi.

Last edited:
Which is why I specifically called the final line up time, before actual sales, the one consistent rule :)

I don't think anyone can argue that all the other rules have shifted, regarding line ups. Anyone who has experienced the mad rush from unofficial to official lines knows that setting times to line up is outright dangerous. The call to retract that rule was a good one, in the interest of safety.

DSF most certainly has to make some difficult decisions and there may just be a different set of rules for releases based on character popularity. One set of rules would end up not fitting all situations.

It has been stated previously that there is not going to be any set of rules that will make everyone happy. As such, they should make safety the primary objective, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back