• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13
I feel like people are just playing some twisted version of Disney pin Survivor now-- how long can you stand in line? Will you make it until the wrist bands are handed out? Only the strong survive...

sigh but if I was in CA I'd be playing right along with you :facepalm:

Last edited:
31+ hours just for a wristband so you can come back again 24 hours later and get in line to purchase . . . there has to be a better way!

Ah poop it's no longer 8 am?? Where is this info coming from??? Someone text me???

Yes I literally just got off the phone w/ Rachel, one of the workers there (sorry I couldn't speak to a manager ^^;; ). She confirmed that yes anyone can line up after midnight tonight for the wristbands :shock::facepalm::(:rant::mad::eek2::anxious::ugh:

WTH?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Has this ever happened where they change it this badly in this short of a time?!? I really hope I can get my pins... a trade lies in the balance for me! :cry:

.... Just a random thought (humor me guys).... mayyyyybe we can all come to a truce not to line up until later tomorrow afternoon/evening around 6pm like DSF planned? ^_^;;

Hey it's nice to have wishful thinking riiight?

And with the rate this is going they should make these pins LE 500 to 1000 next time haha

::sigh:: Well here's hoping for the best folks <3

Last edited:
Well, you can sleep in the alley. Recommended by 9 out of 10 homeless people!

:)

Do you mind asking why that last homeless person didn't like it? lol

On a side note, is anyone actually down there now that can tell if someone is lining up?

EDIT: Just realized it's only 9pm over there xP Oops, well, people will definitely line up tonight at midnight.

I still don't see where anyone was getting 8am...
The last official announcement on FB clearly says 'anytime Thurs'

I was told this afternoon when I called DSF (at 4:45pm) 8 a.m. and I confirmed this with the girl I spoke w/ 3 times. And just now when I called I was given the midnight time... it sounds like someone (whoever at DSF) changed it at the last minute... again!!:facepalm:

I was told this afternoon when I called DSF (at 4:45pm) 8 a.m. and I confirmed this with the girl I spoke w/ 3 times. And just now when I called I was given the midnight time... it sounds like someone (whoever at DSF) changed it at the last minute... again!!:facepalm:

Are you going?

most likely because people are showing up anyway already. **sigh**

they are shiney bits of metal. NOTHING is worth waiting in line 36 hours for a wristband, just to wait in line again the next day for the pin. Not even an LE 50 of Esmeralda on Achilles, Punzel on max, and mulan on khan, hunting thumper through the fields of pixie hollow, while a chinese dragon floats above them.

Waaaaaait a second..... I just had an epiphany on this......

Maybe DSF is doing this in the hopes of some kind of crowd control?? Since they set it so early... it will give many people the idea (including myself) to NOT go so early/for wristbands all together bc really honestly who wants to camp out THAT long....? Just a thought and thinking out loud... not looking to push buttons or anything of the sort... but it seems plausible...hmm...... :suspect:

Are you going?

I'm going... but idk when!!! aghhh!!! I really don't want to go tonight; I just had a longggg day interning and need sleep. I will prolly try tomorrow, but now that the time has changed to midnight tonight I realllly pray that 75 ppl aren't in line by tomorrow morning :(

NOTHING is worth waiting in line 36 hours for a wristband, just to wait in line again the next day for the pin. Not even an LE 50 of Esmeralda on Achilles, Punzel on max, and mulan on khan, hunting thumper through the fields of pixie hollow, while a chinese dragon floats above them.

Are you sure about that last part lol? Even I would tempted for that and I don't collect any of those things...but that pin just sounds awesome haha xD

Perhaps they did this so that people can lineup, but they aren't posting it on FB so that people won't bum rush the place...officially announce it so that nobody can complain that others had inside info (they could have called) but at the same time, not create a huge line instantaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back