• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13
Maybe you could if you run really fast like a chocobo, Chocobo ^_^ (I had to lol)

chocobo-run.gif

:bigthumb: ha i should have seen that comming :]

I bet if DSF didn't give us a specific time, people would already be in line. In fact, the line would be way past 75. Thats crazy for a tangled pin selling for $80 presale and once everyone posts it up, will probably drop to $60. I'm not sure I want to wait in line for that long for a pin everyone is going to have for trade :(

Oh frell... [Farscape reference I doubt anyone will get] :facepalm:
Well... this should only get more interesting as time goes on... *shakes head*
Hopefully people don't go at each other like this...
ia2j.gif

Kidding! .......I hope.

Something tells me Kevin PTD will make an appearance in the next 72 hours. Anyone wanna wager on that? Watch it be early am Saturday and he sells out ASAP.

While, you may be right on that inkling, I kind of hope not... there's so many folks that want these pins (the chocolate boxes) that as it is they probably won't be able to obtain them very easily. It would suck if they missed out on these pins AND the Kevin PTD too. Good for those in line, sucky for those who can't make it :[

Something tells me Kevin PTD will make an appearance in the next 72 hours. Anyone wanna wager on that? Watch it be early am Saturday and he sells out ASAP.

I was just going to say that!

I was going to ask if everyone was going to get ice cream tomorrow to run through the remaining Abu PTDs. And then I thought, oh, of course...this will be when they put out Kevin, when everyone is pushed to the brink. Then I thought, they should make a rule that if you left the line to get a PTD then you forfeit your spot in line for the releases. :lol:

But I ended up not posting it, because the ridiculousness of this is mind-blowing. No matter what management thinks, this is not good business. Are people really happy with DSF or do they feel forced into crazy? I've never attended a release, but I have DSF pins, but I am seriously starting to rethink how many more pins I want from there. Just on principle. This is not how you treat your valued customers. Sports teams, ticket sellers, have figured out a system that limits chaos. They don't have to invent the wheel here. And oh yeah, increase the edition sizes!

But I ended up not posting it, because the ridiculousness of this is mind-blowing. No matter what management thinks, this is not good business. Are people really happy with DSF or do they feel forced into crazy? I've never attended a release, but I have DSF pins, but I am seriously starting to rethink how many more pins I want from there. Just on principle. This is not how you treat your valued customers. Sports teams, ticket sellers, have figured out a system that limits chaos. They don't have to invent the wheel here. And oh yeah, increase the edition sizes!

It isn't really management's fault entirely... There's been a massive increase in pin collectors in the last two years. DSF is really one of the last good places to get cool LE pins that is open to the public. They've tried to evolve their handling of these releases based on complaints about line cutting and demand and suggestions from pin buyers. They also need to implement a system that doesn't interfere with normal business hours. Having 150 pin collectors flood into the store while normal patrons are also visiting/eating would be madness. I agree that this wristband system has gotten really convoluted but it's a result of different complaints and trying to find a system that works. Plus, as we've all witnessed, things don't always go as planned. Part of the reason they introduced the wristband system was to try and avoid camp outs/stop people from cutting in line. If they put their foot down and say "No camp outs!" then there's a mad glob/rush of people showing up at 7 am for wristbands and it gets dangerous. If they allow camp outs, then you have people camping out to get a wristband to get a pin which... semi defeats the purpose of wristbands to begin with but has become a necessary evil for us pin enthusiasts to get our pins. If you only have ONE wristband distribution time, then you get angry calls and people complaining that they can't make it because of work/other obligations and that it isn't fair. They split up the times to give more people a chance at wristbands...well, that was the idea anyway. This is a sticky situation to try and handle with finesse and ease.

Edit: But I DO agree that they shouldn't have switched up the line up times so suddenly (though I believe this was due to people calling and voicing concern/worry over a crowd gathering/brewing madness over the 6pm line start) and that pin edition sizes should be bigger to accommodate growing demand as more collectors and traders come to the hobby.

POINT BEING:

Now, I don't want to turn this topic into another "Why the system does/doesn't work" or "How to improve the system" (because curtesy of Psycho Pixie we already have a topic like that) but I'm just defending DSF on this one from my point of view (I'm not calling anyone wrong in their own opinion). From the dealings I've had with DSF, they are actually pretty kind to the pin buyers (heck, last weekend they gave us free hot chocolate and coffee!! They didn't have to do that). A few of the staff members have also lamented that they struggle to find a system that works for everyone so it's not solely pin buyers that are getting fed up and frustrated. One staff member spoke to me about how they (DSF staff) were optimistic with this wristband system but ... it hasn't worked out as they had hoped it would. I would NOT want to be in DSF's shoes dealing with this madness on a weekly basis and trying to find a system that works and satisfies everyone. So that's it, just saying my two cents. Now back on topic...

How many people now...? Anyone? <_< >_>

Last edited:
I'm just really annoyed at how they changed the rules at the last minute. Seriously. Two days ago they said no lining up til 6 PM on Thursday. Now, one day before the release, they decide to change the rules. That's really inconsiderate of them to do. Getting people's hopes up at getting the pins two days before, and then the day before crushing their hopes is not cool at all :( Please, DSF, PLEASE make rules at LEAST 2 weeks in advance of a release date and STICK to them!! This way traders will know if they can or can't make it well in advance and can set up trades and/or pre purchases accordingly. Also, why not just give out all of the wristbands on Friday at 7 AM!? That's just wrong to make people wait another 12 hours. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be number 76. What if you HAD to leave by 8 AM and somehow you didn't make the first 75 but you were in the first 150? You would have pretty much waited all night for nothing. That'd be the worst!! Plus, DSF staff wouldn't have to babysit the line! Everyone would win! :)
dude I could not agree with you. This is BS complete and utter BS now some people are sleeping out there for...two nights. If you ask me switching it up all of a sudden ONLY benefits the profiteers people who have no jobs or other responsibilities. Think of it like this what if people were really excited cuz they got off at 3-4 pm Thursday they could just head on over. Now they can't do that at all! I mean heck maybe if they posted the correct info two weeks ago like you suggested then maybe they could call and get work off now all of a sudden changing it no way they can get time off!

dang, that really sucks. I couldn't agree more that DSF really needs to make a rule and STICK WITH IT. I'm sorry for those who are inconvenienced by this -_- . For those of you who are camping out tonight..stay warm! and most of all ..stay civil! haha :0

anybody waiting in line you are sexy....if it was an ariel release the world would stop and i would be right there. Pin trading is my RELIGION.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back