• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they did this so that people can lineup, but they aren't posting it on FB so that people won't bum rush the place...officially announce it so that nobody can complain that others had inside info (they could have called) but at the same time, not create a huge line instantaneously.

Wait... I'm sorry I'm so tired I totally don't compute that... lol XD To me this sounds like it'll make it worse bc even without FB we're all talking about it here and getting info and all freaking out (not that I'm complaining about Y'all I luvs everyone! But this is certainly frustrating bc of DSF's nonsense; they should have just left it at 6pm!!!)

Waaaaaait a second..... I just had an epiphany on this......

Maybe DSF is doing this in the hopes of some kind of crowd control?? Since they set it so early... it will give many people the idea (including myself) to NOT go so early/for wristbands all together bc really honestly who wants to camp out THAT long....? Just a thought and thinking out loud... not looking to push buttons or anything of the sort... but it seems plausible...hmm...... :suspect:

Melissa does this mean you will be there tonight with the CKC members that will be there already?

Wait... I'm sorry I'm so tired I totally don't compute that... lol XD To me this sounds like it'll make it worse bc even without FB we're all talking about it here and getting info and all freaking out (not that I'm complaining about Y'all I luvs everyone! But this is certainly frustrating bc of DSF's nonsense; they should have just left it at 6pm!!!)

You are right that we may be talking about it, but as pin enthusiasts, how are we not going to be haha xD For all those people who are sharks and are just in it for the money, they might not be keeping up with this so they might not know.

At the same time, we are talking about it, but some people here are unsure if they will head down at midnight, that could already decrease the bum rush if only a few people who actually believe it will go down instead of everyone rushing down?

You are right that we may be talking about it, but as pin enthusiasts, how are we not going to be haha xD For all those people who are sharks and are just in it for the money, they might not be keeping up with this so they might not know.

At the same time, we are talking about it, but some people here are unsure if they will head down at midnight, that could already decrease the bum rush if only a few people who actually believe it will go down instead of everyone rushing down?

Yes this is true Kupo now I get what u meant earlier :) Boy I sure hope so.... I'm supposed to be getting an awesome PoDM trade for some of these pins!! I really hope this didn't kill that dream...

they are shiney bits of metal. NOTHING is worth waiting in line 36 hours for a wristband, just to wait in line again the next day for the pin. Not even an LE 50 of Esmeralda on Achilles, Punzel on max, and mulan on khan, hunting thumper through the fields of pixie hollow, while a chinese dragon floats above them.

LOL!! Ok Kristine... now it's your turn to make me laugh.

The longer you sit at home and watch this thread, the further back your place in line becomes. The people at the front of the line aren't wondering why DSF changed the lineup time from 6pm to 8am to anytime after midnight and/or what time everyone else is going to get there... they're probably in line NOW.

My suggestion to anyone that wants these pins is go... go NOW. And good luck.

Melissa does this mean you will be there tonight with the CKC members that will be there already?

Hmm Angel I am contemplating.... but I am very tired from interning today and this "cool" kid (whatever that means... I'm more of a dork really haha ;P) needs some sleep tonight at the very least hahaha XD I am thinking 8am like I did a couple hours ago when they switched... but Idk. When it was originally 6pm I was going to go up around 2:30 to avoid traffic and just hangout and explore Hollywood Blvd until 6pm. When they changed it today I was deciding bt going at 8am or getting there at 12:15ish after my 9:30 appt tomorrow (which looks more and more likely that I will have to cancel as this info continues to change :() I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!AGHHHHH!!!:banghead:

To all the peeps going at midnight tonight I salute u guys: Ur hardcore :bowdown:

But can I pleaseeeeee get an honest to goodness answer/count: who is going to go wait in line tonight bt the hrs of midnight and 9am tomorrow? I really would rather not have to go so early tonight and campout. I would love one good night's sleep tonight before I have to campout tomorrow.. lol

But can I pleaseeeeee get an honest to goodness answer/count: who is going to go wait in line tonight bt the hrs of midnight and 9am tomorrow? I really would rather not have to go so early tonight and campout. I would love one good night's sleep tonight before I have to campout tomorrow.. lol

Melissa... shut down DPF, turn off your computer, go to bed now, wake up earlier than you wanted and just get in line. Watching this thread is just going to make matters worse. Plus not everyone going between midnight and 9am is going to post on this thread whether their going or not or what time they'll show up. Get thee some sleep. Isn't your health more important than piece of metal stamped "Made in China"?

Melissa... shut down DPF, turn off your computer, go to bed now, wake up earlier than you wanted and just get in line. Watching this thread is just going to make matters worse. Plus not everyone going between midnight and 9am is going to post on this thread whether their going or not or what time they'll show up. Get thee some sleep. Isn't your health more important than piece of metal stamped "Made in China"?

Mike u make a very good point. It's like a car accident u can't help but stare and watch as the horror happens XD lol But yes I shall some sleep soon and join the brigade. And when u phrase and health and the pins in that sense I feel like such a dork, but ur right lol Thanks! ::huggles:: ;)

and here i was thinking i could show up tomorrow after work (8p.m) and figured i could get a decent spot in line
silly me :facepalm:

and here i was thinking i could show up tomorrow after work (8p.m) and figured i could get a decent spot in line
silly me :facepalm:

Maybe you could if you run really fast like a chocobo, Chocobo ^_^ (I had to lol)

chocobo-run.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back