• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Final DSF PTD is Tiana/Naveen 9.28.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's go for the record Tweedle!!! How long has Tweedle been there so far? Since August 31st? And what is the record for the longest PTD so far? We have to factor in the LE500 btw if it beats it <_<

Let's go for the record Tweedle!!! How long has Tweedle been there so far? Since August 31st? And what is the record for the longest PTD so far? We have to factor in the LE500 btw if it beats it <_<

Well, the first couple of years PTDs lasted, on average, a month. So the Tweedles will have to hang around a long time to beat that. Even many 2012 PTD's lasted for more than 10 days. Take this progression

Baseball Donald released May 22, 2012
Roger Rabbit released June 10, 2012
Cowboy Mickey released June 21, 2012
Cinderella released July 2, 2012

And those were LE300s.

People need to settle down about pins lasting more than 2 days. The speed people were going through those things were the atypical scenario, that continued to exist longer than it should because of production lag time, and management's unwillingness to deal with the situation. Not what the Tweedles are doing now.

Is Pip's popularity suffering because it was released on Nov 21st and didn't sell out until January?

Well, the first couple of years PTDs lasted, on average, a month. So the Tweedles will have to hang around a long time to beat that. Even many 2012 PTD's lasted for more than 10 days. Take this progression

Baseball Donald released May 22, 2012
Roger Rabbit released June 10, 2012
Cowboy Mickey released June 21, 2012
Cinderella released July 2, 2012

And those were LE300s.

People need to settle down about pins lasting more than 2 days. The speed people were going through those things were the atypical scenario, that continued to exist longer than it should because of production lag time, and management's unwillingness to deal with the situation. Not what the Tweedles are doing now.

Is Pip's popularity suffering because it was released on Nov 21st and didn't sell out until January?

Wowza O_O I didn't realize just how unpopular PTDs were at the time but haha well, maybe Tweedle will just have to be compared to the more recent ones <_< a "new" class of PTDs so to speak...

The current scenario for THIS release and run of PTD, starting in July 2013 can be seen in the first reply of this thread. I believe the longest run with this series has been 5 days. Bashful? I think it was bashful that made it 5 days.

if tweedle brothers is le500 it will last 7 or more days.... I think it will change before the TLM release on Friday, but it will last a bit longer.

As I said on the GroupMe Mobile App. No one read the fine print. LE 500 for Dee and LE 500 for Dum. Gotta read the fine print.

Wait wait wait....

The image is one pin. how can each be le500?

Also as said on our mobile DPF app, this Tweedle PTD is probably an open edition core pin just like the Russell that was just released at DSF.

Does anyone who HAS the pin have the ability to take a look at the back and read if it says edition size please?

Wowza O_O I didn't realize just how unpopular PTDs were at the time but haha well, maybe Tweedle will just have to be compared to the more recent ones <_< a "new" class of PTDs so to speak...

This is the sole reason why the first 3 years are hard to buy or to even trade. I would say 95% of the pins are in non traders hands and are actually in tourist garage sales or boxes in the garage or just tossed out? It was actually a tourist pin with an ice cream. Just reciently the PTD pin got popular because it is/was an LE 300 and is the lowest LE one can get. And recently at 2 per person, selling for double the cost made one for sale and one to keep (making the second one free of cost) or trade.

DSF BT's, DSF Marquees and now DSF PTD's. the only other well know "series" of pins are DLRP PTN pins? Unless you collect a single theme?

DSF was not really on the map until the DSF UP LE 150 Valentines Day release. After that is all history now.

With DSF PTD's its the small size, low LE and varied hot/not charecters. Don't have to worry about backing cards or Scrappers (for now). Only 2 pins have made the list of fakes? Check my thread on PTD years of pins.

I have a complete set current to today's current release and am helping a friends daughter get a set. When I offered to get her a nice little set that was easy to trade for , I got the majority if them for her and was missing about 35 but was positive I could get them easily. Then all of a sudden collectors hit hard and made it almost impossible. I'm still working on her set but at 1 per person it makes it hard. I have to get mine and after i get someone to go with me (my son) or go the next day if still available? Currently I need to find her 20 PTD's. she gets so excited when I drop over to give her the newest one. She has no idea the work that goes into this series.

Tweedle changed last Saturday August 31st, so it has now been 9 days since the duo have stuck around the soda fountain.

For 2013 Abu PTD was 8 days (Jan 24th to Feb 1st) and Peg PTD stuck around for 9 days (Feb 21st to Mar 2nd). Daisy currently holds the record for 2013 with 12 days of sticking around at DSF (Feb 1st through Feb 13th) and she was an LE 300.

Do you members think that the Tweedles will surpass Daisy being that they are LE 500 and break the 2013 record surpassing 12 days?

Last edited:
The other variable we need to factor is the limit of 1 per person. That equates to 500 people versus a minimum of 150-200 for the LE300s from last year.

The other variable we need to factor is the limit of 1 per person. That equates to 500 people versus a minimum of 150-200 for the LE300s from last year.

But we've already had 2 releases this year with ~500 people attending. Last year they'd be lucky to see just under 300 at a major release.

Do you members think that the Tweedles will surpass Daisy being that they are LE 500 and break the 2013 record surpassing 12 days?

May be a tie, or they may win with 13 days. But Daisy is the real winner because she stuck around for so long with a lower LE number. It makes sense to me why it has taken so long for the Bros to change, since they 1.) may not be the most popular AiW character and 2.) the LE is an extra 200 more. Hopefully this Friday won't be so unlucky ;)

besides this thread where, in the history of the world, have Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum ever been referred to as "the Tweedle bros???" duh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back