• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
OOC - Here is my question: Is the killer human (ie not animal, supernatural, mythological like some of our detectives)?

Figment heads over to Miracosta for some well needed rest.

"The message from the killer is certainly interesting. Some sleep first then to think this through."

*As Scar mentions that it has been a long day and acknowledges the lack of sleep, Chessie realises that it would be a good idea to get some rest while there is an opportunity. As soon as Scar mentions the Miracosta, Chessie looks at the other detectives, nods in farewell to them, and disappears and reappears at the resort front desk, checking into his room as quickly as possible. He figures that if anyone needs him, they'll know where to find him.*

OOC: Sorry for just disappearing like that; I've been having problems accessing the site in the past 12 hours or so. You may want to take that into consideration, Wally, with the post count; if I wasn't able to access the site to post, other players probably were in the same situation. I don't know how long the site was having issues, though.

3.jpg

*Most detectives have retired for the night within the beauty of the very expensive Miracosta hotel. Scar enters TDL and is relieved to see that the crowds are beginning to leave. He then makes his way towards Cinderella Castle and the DFi lab:
cinderella-castle.gif

*Walking in to the lab one of the lab techs comes running over, seemingly excited about something.* TECH: "BEEP BEEP BEEP MEEP!"
*Scar looks at the other tech for a translation.*

bunsinandbeeker.jpg

Tech2* "He says that we have found some trace evidence of HUMAN DNA. However, we have yet to find a match for the yellow feather. I have now expanded the search on the feather. No news yet on the BLACK HAIR....it doesn't seem to be human and may have been transferred to the killer, but the hair may be a close relative to humans. I also recieved info from Dr. Ducky..he confirms the death of the 3 little pigs, but there is no match in Disney records so far for the fourth pig."

*SCAR thanks the techs and hands them the newest evidence. He then goes over to the Haunted Mansion to get some sleep. It is easier since it is nearby and he is to tired to care tonight. On the way he sees that Jack has put back up some Halloween decorations, but decides to deal with it in the morning.*

OOC* To answer your question YES the killer is human

Last edited:
*8 Hours later----start of Day 3*

*Scar finally haven gotten a good night's sleep wakes up to his phone buzzing.*

Scar__s_Reflection_by_YaoiFairy.jpg

*Not really a morning person Scar drags himself out of bed in order to check his phone. Seeing that it is a message from TDR security Scar checks his email.*

MESSAGE*

EMERGENCY...PLEASE HURRY TO BONVOYAGE GIFT SHOP. IT IS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE GATE NEAR MAIHAMA STATION. IT IS THE LARGEST GIFT SHOP OUTSIDE THE PARKS. CHECK YOUR MAP AND HURRY. WE CAN'T OPEN THE STORE TO GUESTS WITH THIS MESS.

*Scar gets up and leaves the mansion. He is not happy that he will not have time to eat breakfast and start the day on an empty stomach. Hmmmm...meerkat and cheese. He sends a message to the others.*

Email to other detectives...

I have an update from the lab and will share it with you soon. I hope you had a goodnight's rest, but there is something going on at the BonVoyage gift shop...check your maps as it is not inside either park. DO NOT ENTER until I get there as I am not sure of the problem.

Tink wakens to a buzzing phone, rolling over to grab it she sees it is scar. something is up at the bonvoyage gift shop outside the park Yawning and stretching tink tries to wake up, she calls room service for some coffee. tink nods back to sleep until the knocking on her door from room service. once tink has her coffee in hand she gets up and runs thru the past few days in her head.
pin65718

Ray is startled awake by the buzzing of his cell phone, indicating yet another text message. Rubbing the sleepybugs from his eyes, he reads Scar's text, and tries to fully wake up. With all the hoopla of the last few days, this bayou bug's seen better times. Finally waking up fully, Ray plots the best course towards Maihama Station, and thusly BonVoyage Giftshop, with a stop-off for breakfast between now and then.

LilMermaidBedFlop35fSM.gif

So excited to finally be able to get some sleep, Ariel falls a sleep within seconds. The pillows where so amazing in this very expensive hotel that she fell in to an extremely deep slumber. After a good nine hours she is awoken my the horrible buzzing of her shell phone. " Ugh! What does he want!" Reading the text Ariel starts to get ready for the long day ahead for her. "Hopefully there wont be and murders today... hey a girl can dream!" After eating a quick breakfast and a quick shower Ariel is out the door to join the others in front of the giftshop.

Timon groggily rose from his bed, the sound of his phone going off startling him from his sleep. he had spent another hour at the crime scene working over the evidence there before going to his room and crashing. he rubbed his eyes as he climbed out of bed, groaning as he saw what time it was.

"Damn cat. Should get him some catnip and maybe it'll keep him busy long enough to let me get more sleep."

opening his mini fridge he pulled out a Tupperware container full of beetles and munched on them as he made his way to meet with the others, chewing lazily and standing impatiently waiting to hear what happened now.

*Back in his hotel room, Chessie is awakened by his phone ringing. Waking up in a less than cheerful mood, he checks the phone and rolls his eyes as he sees the message from Scar and the instructions to report directly to the BonVoyage gift shop. He rubs his eyes and checks the time ... and his mood does not improve when he finds out how early it is ... but he figures that Scar's mood isn't likely to be any better and, for once, he isn't particularly in a mood to make anyone angry - at least not yet. He gets ready quickly and disappears and reappears outside of the gift shop, patiently waiting for the other detectives to arrive.*

bon_voyage_exterior.jpg

*Scar arrives at the BonVoyage gift shop and sees a CM and several detectives waiting for his arrival.Walking over to the CM, Scar asks why he had to get up so early and didn't get to eat. as he asks about breakfast he moves a little closer to Timon. The CM then begins to explain.*

CM*" We can't open the shop it is a real mess. All of the Halloween gifts have disappeared overnight. In their place are Easter and Giant Eggs."

Scar::" So where is the Body?"

CM*"There is no body?"

SCAR* "WHAT!!?? NO BODY? You called us...professional homicide detectives....for a simple case of theft and vandalism? Well since we are here I guess we should look around."

*The detectives enter the shop and see eggs and eastr goods covering the shelves.*
gallery003-1-1.gif

Tink arrives at the scene to see Scar inching closer to timone. tink flies ove to timone and quiety sprinkles him with pixie dust just incase she has to fly off with him in a hurry . Tink listens as the CM tells Scar what is going on in the shop. WHAT???? no murder, just a bunch of stupid eggs!!!! of all the nerve, tink is close to loosing another nerve right here!
pin61284

Ugh! We woke up for a bunch of stupid eggs! Grrr! ariel, About to turn around to go back to sleep, hears scar say that we should still look around! Ugh Im really not liking that kitty!

Last edited:
The annoyance of waking up for eggs is getting to Ray, it takes some effort not to go around smashing them. "Since I'm here, might as well examine them." He flits from one to the other, searching for clues, maybe a 'make them all go away' button will pop up if he looks hard enough.

Figment rushes to the gift shop when he gets the text disturbing his sleep. He is not best impressed to find they have been called in for what looks like just a change of decoration.
"Can the cast member who called us in, call in a large pot of coffee as well!"

OOC: I love that Tink in the morning pin

As Scar edges next to Timon the nerves kick back in, and he becomes more preoccupied avoiding getting eaten then getting annoyed at the presence of these Easter items. Reaching in and grabbing a large beetle he crunches on it loudly, hoping the eating will calm his nerves.

"Nice Kitty....you dont want to eat me....why dont you find a nice porter house steak....or a chicken sandwich...less calories then this disgustingly tasting meerkat."

he grins, throws a grasshopper in his mouth, and darts away to examine another side of the store.

*Chessie looks back and forth between the increasingly nervous Cast Member and irate Scar as it becomes apparent that the detectives were called out because of store vandalism, not because of a homicide.*

Chessie (grinning, speaking aloud to nobody in particular): 'There may not be a body now, but unless something comes of this investigation, there might be one by the time we leave.'

*Still grinning, Chessie disappears and reappears inside the store, joining the detectives already searching the store for anything amiss.*

gallery003-1-1.gif

*Scar walks around the store not so interested in the crime scene, but more interested in the grumbling in his stomach. He keeps a close eye on one bug munching detective in particular. As he is walking around he begins explaining to the other detectives the most recent update from the lab and also that there is a mix of Halloween and Easter decorations now in Tokyo Disney land.*
*Scar yells over to Ray, who is flying around the store* "Hey Ray make sure to check all of the high places."

Ray flies up high checking top shelves and little nooks and crannies. "There are so many places to hide 'round here." Ray waves to a few bugs that he finds relaxing behind a display, and asks if they saw anything interesting recently.

Rafiki enjoys a wonderful night of sleep, but it still left him a sleepy baboon in the morning. "What's this?" he wondered, "I missed the alarm!" Rafiki franticly pulls out of stick and his detective gear as fast as he can.

Rafiki looks out his window to see detectives scurrying over to some place. He goes downstairs and follows Figment to the Bon Voyage gift shop.

Rafiki looks throughout the display cases of Easter eggs thoroughly to see if any oddities strike him.

Still looking through random Easter decorations Ariel thinks that this is somewhat point less and much rather be sleeping right now. Going over yet another pile of eggs there doesn't seem to be any clues...

Ooc: I haven't revealed information yet :)

*Scar begins to edge a little closer to Timon, but then sees Tink eyeing out of the corner of her eye and trys to play it off.*

"If anyone finds some beef jerky let me know.*

OOC* Thanks for letting me know and I will keep Ariel in mind for a scene soon. I sent info to Raffiki since it's his birthday. Anyone else that hasn't had info? i try to spread it out each game.

Back