• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Hades moves towards the espresso machine and examines the surrounding tables looking for the poisons container of transport. He looks at the CM to makes sure he will be alright and tries to bring him around to consciousness. Of course, the blue rude dude does not think first and as the CM begins to gain his wits he sees Hades lord of the DEaD , painics as he fears the worse for himself, as would anyone in that state of hypnogogic concious. The CM promptly passes right back out again.

Well perhaps someone else should wake him, meanwhile Hades searches the CM for notes or clues.

Timon steps into the Teddy Roosevelt and his jaw drops at what he sees before him. The ghost of Anton was sitting in the chair, his body on the ground and a smashed cup nearby. He hears snippets, like suspected poisoning and the food critic’s distaste for the service. Scars voice cut through him, the site of his bone crushing teeth still fresh in his memory causing him to pick up his lower jaw and scamper away, searching the restaurant as far away from scar that he could be. He decided not to physically touch the poisoned glass or anything that could be poison in fear that it would transfer to any snack he would have.

Timon finds himself next to the coffee machine, glancing all around it as if the cause of the poison would jump right at him.

“You think the killer made the coffee herself? Should we dust for prints on this and the cup?â€

Rafiki looks in awe of Anton's ghost and wonder who could do such a thing? Adding to Timon's suggest, "we should check the nearest coffee maker," Rafiki requests. At least restaurant owners won't have to worry about that critic anymore!

Arriving at the restaurant after getting the message Ariel joins the others at a GASP... Another murder! She sees the others gathered around Antons lifeless body- which actually doesn't look much different then when he was alive. Seeing the broken cup of coffee, she agrees that he was poisoned and tries to stay far away from it.
poison-bottle-vector.jpg

*Chessie still is sitting on the table grinning as Scar and the other detectives arrive, en masse, at the Lounge and start their investigation. The Cat notices that Tink already has wrapped up the coffee mug and placed it in an evidence bag and he watches everyone looking for the source of the poison and other odd things. Chessie grins wider as Hades attempts to help the CM, who sort of comes around and promptly passes out again.*

Chessie (grinning widely): 'I always knew that stuff could kill you. But maybe someone else should try to help that poor CM. Just in case he remembers something?'

Anton, still in a daze, hears Rafiki's comment. Looking up, he says

I've never let anything stop me in my critiques. Why would something like this discourage me? I think those restaurants will only find me.. harder ​to please now.

OOC - TDS opened 47 days after the closure, not the 48 I first said (can't count some days :p) Also, April 15th (the day it reopened) is my birthday :-D

Last edited:
ooc Trivia is still incorrect...think of theresort as a whole...or to make it easier just the 2 parks...now...how many days was neither park open? hint....think TokyoDisney land as it reopened first.

OOC* Yes 34 is correct. The resort was open, though only a half day on the 11th. So that day doesn't count. It reopened on April15th. That was one of te longest months of my life. You can ask your question here.

DSC00019.jpg

*Scar continues to look for anything unusual or out of place. He decides to take a short break and begins thumbing through the guestbook on one of the tables. Scanning through he sees famous names of the past and present. Reaching the last page he is surprised to see a long message. After reading it he is even more surprised to see that it seems to be from the killer.*

"Hey guys...you may want to come over here and listen to this."

*Reading aloud from the book Scar begins....

GO AHEAD AND TAKE A BREAK, GET SOME REST AND REST YOUR HEAD
I PROMISE THAT IF YOU FALL ASLEEP I WANT KILL YOU IN YOUR BED
FOR NOW ATLEAST EVEN I WILL TAKE A BREAK
TOMORROW WILL BE BUSY OF THAT I CAN'T MISTAKE
FOR EVEN NOW AS YOU READ MY PLANS THEY ARE A CHANGING
BECAUSE AT THIS TIME MY EASTER DECORATIONS JACK IS REARRANGING
IF JACK COULD ONLY UNDERSTAND MAYBE IT WOULD END
THAT I'M NOT DOING THIS FOR MYSELF BUT FOR MY BEST FRIEND

OOC*Don't pay attention to the message in the picture

Last edited:
Ariel goes to see what scar wants. Listing to him read the poem the line that really stands out is the last one. "huh? Well I guess the murderer might not actually hate Halloween but is doing this for someone that does." "what a great friend to kill a bunch of people for the other one..."

Ray is glad, if not slightly worried, to hear they have a short break. "I'm not sure if I like the idea that the killer is telling us to relax. Do you think it's a trick? And what kinda friend has you killing for them? I know I sure wouldn't kill for that jazz playing gator, no siree. This is all too much, I need to go talk to my sweet Evangeline." With that, Ray heads to the window, ear to Scar in case he's needed, but eyes to the sky.
images

OOC - Question will be coming soon, gunna ask my hubby what he thinks.

*Chessie turns his attention to Scar as he announces the discovery of the guest book and, more importantly, the poem inside it. As the Lion reads it aloud, Chessie considers what is being said and what it might mean. After listening to Ariel's comment, Chessie turns to the mermaid.*

Chessie: 'An interesting thought, my dear, but are you so sure that the killer is doing this because her friend hates Halloween and not because this individual loves Easter?'

*Chessie settles back on the table, grinning.*

Timon listens to the message, leery of any 'break'suggestions given to them watching so many die already his survivor instincts were kicking into overdrive.

"So this raises a question, who is the friend and if we find that out can they lead to the killer?"

Rafiki's lightbulb goes off upon hearing the "friend" comment made by Scar. "That leaves only a handful of suspects," he thought. Rafiki refreshes his mind by glancing over his notebook very carefully...

*Scar turns to the others.* "It's early evening now. Either this killer is getting more careful or we are missing clues because we are so tired. Most of you had no sleep last night and I only had a little. More comfortable accomodations have been arrange here in TDS at the Miracosta. I suggest getting some rest and be prepared to get started early again before guests are let in the park. I will take this fur and this poison to the lab and give you updates in the morning."

*With that Scar leaves the scene and starts back towards TDL.*

OOC* Having a bit of PC trouble --just to let you know the posting period ends soon. and the trivia yes no clock is ticking

Timon waves the rest of the team off as he grabs a finger dusting kit and begins to analyze both the coffee maker and the smashed cup on the ground. He hoped to find some clue as bring this case to a close. Timon decided he would collect the prints, bring them to the lab and then crash until tomorrow.

"Come on lady luck, give me a clue."

Ray says goodnight to his beloved, and flies toward the Miracosta. So many things are running through his head - the clues found, the latest note with it's peculiar last line (FOR MY BEST FRIEND) and possible mixup (WANT for WON'T). Ray's noticed this before though and is not sure if it's intentional. Deciding to sleep on it, the little bug finally lays down for the night.

*OOC: Have multiple ideas for the yes/no question. Input please? NOTE: This is not the ACTUAL question lol (1. from live action film? - to avoid the "animated" term for now; 2. traditional villain? - as in plays the villain in the film, however the line from this last note may preclude this; 3. Human? - as opposed to animal, mythological, etc; 4. Film they're from represented by a ride at TDL? - or can be expanded to any park for additional info; 5. First appear after 2000? - cut down timeframe)

Ariel ponders what chessie says to her. "huh, most of the time that cats says nonsense but he is actually right on this. Either the friend hates Halloween or loves Easter or both I guess." happy that scar says that the can go to sleep, Ariel joins tink back to hotel.

Ooc human could be good or asking a year to narrow down the time frame. Those are some good questions hopefully they will help :)

Last edited:
Back