• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Ray is thinking about the note and what it could mean, as he spies a map on the ground. Flying down to look it over (and cowering as the lightning strikes again) he sees something: #4 Pirates of the Caribbean. He pulls out his pen and starts marking through letters: R-E-P-E- . . . . I-S-H. "Well, this seems like a funny game of name change, don't it?" He thinks to himself. Being too scared to do anything alone at night, Ray looks for someone to come with him. The bird looks big enough to protect him if something goes wrong. Walking up to Kevin, he whispers "Birdman, you wanna come with me? I think that Pirate's ride might hold a clue, but I'm scared of being alone the dark . . . that's when the Shadowman gets you." He turns to head to the Pirates ride, staring up at Evangeline asking for her protection and prayer as he flies.

Figment ponders the word play they have been given.

"I love a puzzle. I get to use my imagination. Pirates of the Caribbean seems our best bet."

With that Figment heads to the ride.

Timon looks up from the scrap of paper he had found and started to doodle on, half drawing pictures of succulent bugs and half trying to figure out the puzzle. He was stuck with the ability to make the word ‘Easter’ and he kept trying to make that work until he hears ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’. He slaps his own forehead, driving the visor down once more and catching his hand, now getting used to the pain.

“Shucks I should have realized. Figment if you don’t mind I’ll tag along with you, no need to be alone.”

So Timon scurries to catch up, walking along with the big dragon.

Hades has made his way to the entrance to POTC, Once he passes the now vacant entrance , View attachment 6856and is inside the building he retains his cloak, and as stealthily as possible makes his way along the rides path. He looks for anything out of the ordinary, and then reaches into his robe and withdraws the Wombat 8000, a quick flick of a digital button and the W8000 begins an infared scan of the rides intrerior. By watching the screen Hades is able to see any biological heat signature left anywhere in the ride. Since the operators and maintinence staff have left, the only visible signs should be from the culprit they seek.
Meanwhile outside the ride on the ajacent path from the Hub to Adventureland, Panic lies in wait, he has a rather cunning ruse in store for the first detective around the path, and who should that be but .....
View attachment 6857
Ray finds himself staring down at the most beautiful butterfly he has ever seen, She looks up at him and calls out for his help...her wing is badly broken and in a sugarly sweet Ga peach toned voice she calls out to him "Oh kind sir, could you please render some kindly assitance to lady," Ray obliges because he is a gentleman of course.That is when the nightmare begins.For when he reaches his new found damsel, his suprises begin as she transforms to a horrendously gargantuan spider, very hairy , very mean looking, with fangs drooling venom she approaches, poor Ray. He struggles but realizes alas sadly to late, he is trapped in her web and just as the spider rears back and lets loose with a skin crawling screech before launching herself at him, he closes his eyes to avoid seeing the very gruesome end happen...... only nothing happens, Ray opens his eyes in time to see a small puff of colored smoke disapate.
Ray opens his eyes wider to find himself sitting on the pathway to POTC, perhaps a little dirty from the concrete but no worse.
The spider is nowhere,the web is gone too. Only the entry way to POtC stands before him

*Studying the three words on the paper, Chessie suddenly works out the anagram. It's obvious - at least to him - that they're meant to go to the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. Not bothering to wait for the other detectives, Chessie disappears and reappears outside the attraction, patiently waiting for the other detectives to arrive. Just because he got there early doesn't mean he wants to enter the attraction alone.*

View attachment 6859Chessie arrival is met by the other welcoming party Hades has left in wait. Pain has simply adopted a new twist on an old trick.
Chessie Cat suddenly finds himself staring at a mirror image of himself, well not quite a mirror, while the pattern of the stripes is right, the color is not.
This new Cat is a purple hue and seems to be able to see and hear Chessie even when invisible!!!
At first our esteemed feline is perplexed by the apparation, after all he is the one used to being the enigma.
"Whats wrong" the magenta cat purred out" got your own tongue?"
"Wait I know, You just came to a startling revelation, That you cant be in two places at once, but I will go one further and prove your not even here!!Now the purple striped cat sounded more pompous and definately challanging.
Chessie raises an eye at the challange? Even a cat on the prowl would be tempted,but at what stakes, He has survived in Wonderland for some time he is not a fool.

" You claim a great deal and without much more its just an idle claim, now should you care to name a fair wager I may have at your game." retorts the pink and white cat. His eyes and smile glowing even brighter at the prospect of a Cheshire style game here in Tokyo, definately unexpected. As were the next words from the "OTHER" cats mouth.
" I wager you this, if I fail to prove you are not here, I will renounce my vows, give back my american express and my bank americard, sever all patritotic banking connections, and using means beyond even your feeble kitty imagination procure your hearts wildish wish!! hey i can do it really!!
However if I can prove you are not here, you will not only go to where i can prove you are, But,,, I know dont you just hate when that one is in a deal!!!...But you will have to change your color to Orange and white for the the remainder of the investigation. You become the Juicy fruit cat!!!
Hey Im a sorta devine creature, I know wherever I send you , youll just come back!! Im evil im not stupid!!
So is it a deal?????"

"Ok," the now obviously Pained cat says.
View attachment 6858"First you are not in London correct?"
"Correct" our Chessie replies. Exceedlingly unsure of where this is going, but realizing it was a gauntlet that had to be run, win, lose, or draw , if he wanted to find what was inside the POTC.
" Second you are not in Agrabah are you?" Now a small fire begins to glow in the backs of the eyes of Pain, and Chessie has an uneasy feeling about this whole idea.
"NO I am not in Agrabah??" the pink cat has lost some of his cool as he suddenly does not like the look of where this is going.
"Therefore if you are not in Agrabah and not in London ,you must be somewhere else, correct?"Pain asked almost gleefully. The fire in his eyes was a veritable inferno, and still unsure why Chessie could not help but feel that somewhere a door had just shut, very tight!!
"Yes" the normally verbose pink cat was reduced to a single word, and in the dimmest corners of his mind the trap became apparent to Chessie, only in that split second of cosmic insight and enlightenment, was the only second Pain needed to wrap up his con.
"Then my soon to be mandaran feline advesary, If you are not in London and not in Agrabah , you must , and we did agree didnt we that you were these two, be somewhere else, If, and I say if. IF you are somewhere else than you obviously can not be HERE!!!!
The Mossy cat dissapears in a cloud of magentaish smoke, but not before uttering two phrases that hang in the stillness when he is gone!!
Remember your wager Cat!!
Thank you thank you , I will be here all week dont forget to tip your bartender and servers!!!

*Scar decides that for once his fellow detectives may be on to something. However he decides the best route to enter may actually be the CM entrance across The American Waffle Company. Being so exhausted he makes his way over when it starts to rain. *"Rain....nature's way of cleaning things up. "

From inside the POTC, Hades makes a gruesome discovery. While searching the ride , he happend to enter the infamous Jail scene.
He was just about to comment on how the dog was proported to be a copy of Walts pet pooch, and how its fur kinda looked like the fur they found earlier and should he take a tuft for a sample, when something struck the blue guy as supremely odd.
View attachment 6862No the lightning and the impending rain were not what disturbed him, although he did chuckle at the fact some of the other detectives would be getting wet by now. No what struck him most was the back wall of the scene had been knocked down and fallen into the ride area.
Almost as if someone from the other side had pushed the wall over!!
This was not however the most unusual part of the scene. For amidst the psudeo bricks and broken animatronic parts, the tattered pirate pieces and the actual hard masonry of the structure wall was something much more tangable in death, noticable without being forebaring at first. However. here and there were some not so "scenic" pieces as well. Amongst the brick chunks and set props were some glistening bits of red and blue. An odd patch of black,what seemed to be fur, and as Hades picked a tattered bit, saddened as he recognized it as rent flesh.
Almost as fast as he sees the shreds of something/or with some trepidation,Hades contends or someone, Just then the Wombat goes off. A special message from the Fates. Confirmation recieved. Unscheduled arrival, Vip status from your location.
Identity confirmed.
The glistening bits and random red blotches are the remains of one Big Bad Wolf, or Wolfie to his contemporaries.

View attachment 6863The LoD relays his grotesque discovery to the rest of the detectives,Via Wombat 8000 text to either stay out in the rain and guard the entrances or come inside and help find the sure to be here clue or clues. Hades does end his text with a caution to the more diminutive of the group, Careful. BBW was a good 6 ft 200 lbs and fairly cantankorious so whomever or whatever was strong enough to cause him mortal harm would surely be able to end any of thier days within Zues realm and send them straight to his.

OOC the death of the BBW and the location are exact Clues from our host.

Ariel, figuring out the clue, joins Timon and figment to the pirates of the caribbean ride. Upon arrival they decide to go through the ride first to see if there was anything off. When entering the jail scene she sees hades standing in the rumble. under all that stuff Ariel can faintly see some fur and is informed that it is- was the big bad wolf!

Rafiki, after solving the anagram with his wise monkey brain, heads over to the Pirates of the Caribbean along with several other detectives. He notices the queues flags and wonders where Keith Richards is. He walks in only to see the Big Bad Wolf, or whatever remains of one of Disney's original villains.

Hades has moved part of what once was part of the BBW head,View attachment 6881 and notices something. There amongst the blood and bricks is something that does not belong. !!!!!

"Oh great" Hades groans as he reaches out for the object. "Not again!!!"

Held within his palm is the clue found from this scene, one that will undoubtably be a cause for great concern,
View attachment 6882
A tiny blue feather,!!!!

igv-LionKi.png

*Finally Scar arrives on the scene. The first thing he sees is the Big Bad Wolf lying dead under a pile of bricks. Scar has to turn his head as an out of chracter tear rolls down his cheek. He hopes no one else saw him in such an emotional state.*

"Everyone let's stop for minute and have a moment of silence for this great villain. He was a mentor for me when I first joined the ranks of Disney villains. A legend of evil and king of villainy."

*After a brief moment of silence Scar looks at the others.* " I will make sure this is cleaned up and not by my idiot Hyena minions either. ...What have we found?.. Another feather....hmmm ok i will take care of that and take it to the lab. I think we aren't going to find anything else here in the jail scene, so let's load up on the boat and go out together.....Hey where is Kevin? crazy bird."

*With that EVERYONE loads up on the boat to leave the attraction. Around the next corner the detectives see Jack Sparrow sitting on a throne and surrounded by treasure.*

SCAR"STOP THE BOAT I SEE SOMETHING!!"
pirates-caribbean-disneyland-paris.jpg

*As the boat stops at the treasure room scene, Scar leaps off the boat and looks closer at the AA of Jack Sparrow.:

SCAR:"What happened to the rum? I mean didn't he used to hold a bottle of rum in his left hand? and now the rum is gone."

*Upon closer inspection Scar discovers a hastily folded sheet of paper. he carefully opens the paper and a more carefully and neatly folded note falls out. On the first paper there is a handwritten note. A quickly written message that doesn't rhyme at all. Scar reads it out loud.*
SCAR READING THE NOTE:
"Sorry about the mess and the wolf.I just wanted to leave the clue for Jack as promised. The wolf just got in the way. I don't even know why he was here. as for the pirate set....that is payback for trying to steal one of my eggs. Yes I am watching. Well here is the clue...oh by the way you may want to check out Disney SEA in the morning. I have a special Easter water show planned."

*Scar then picks up the second note. He sees that this one is typed as if it were prepared ahead of time. He also notices that it rhymes...well most of it anyway.*

NOTE

AS I PROMISED A SECOND CLUE
JACK I MADE THIS JUST FOR YOU
YOU WILL FIND THE HEAD LOCKED IN A CHEST
BETTER HURRY AND DO YOUR BEST
THE CHEST WAS MOVED AWAY FROM HERE
BUT IT'S LOCKED SO HAVE NO FEAR
YOU CAN OPEN IT IF YOU SEE
OLD BILL WHO HAS THE KEY
I'M GLAD YOU FOUND THE ANSWER TO
THE RIDDLE OF THE PIRATE CLUE
BUT YOUR NOT DONE, NO NOT YET
SALLY'S NOT IN THESE PLACES ON THAT YOU CAN BET

1. RIGID HANDLEBAR TOUR
2. LANSLIDE RADIO YARN
3.TROLL WAS DISMAL
4. SURE UNCLE JIG
5.TEN INHUMAN SODA

*Scar shows the note to the others.*
"Well I have no idea what all this means. I will take care of the wolf and the clue, but the lab is closed for the night...in the morning ...in the morning. Seems we have a date at Disnney SEA in the morning. I don't know about you, but I'm going to get some rest. Meet in front of the Aquasphere in the morning."

* With that Scar takes the bagged feather and gets back in the boat not waiting to see if anyone is following.*

OOC* A new post period will start here--- it's a group effort count---30 in 60hours...Big Bad Wolf was a bonus death...the low post count death from last round is still to come.

Tink watches as scar arrives at the scene, she sees the small tear fall from his eye when he sees what has happened to the bbw.
as they all leave the scene of the death aboard the boat they come upon the last scene where Jack can be seen. scar quickly jumps out and grabs a piece of paper from Jacks hand and reads 2 notes found out loud. HMMMMM so Sally is locked in a chest but not here but most likely at disney sea. and we need to figure out those 5 clues to where she is not. tink gets to work on her lastest ipod.

Hmmm after a quick look at the clue Ariel gets number 4 right away. " that one is jungle cruise, I'm glad we don't have to go back there, I don't want what happened to aurora happen to any of us." with the fellow princesses death still very much in her mind she continues to work on the puzzles.

Last edited:
Figment tries to figure out the new puzzles and listens as three are solved quickly.

"Hmmm...not sure about these so far. I'm tired and could do with some sleep."

We Find Captain Hook who, after being taken by a Japanese CM to do Meet and Greets, is relieved to have escaped his holder. "I need to learn Japanese sometime, moving my hands and bowing seemed to get that only in return." looking down at his smartphone, he is suprised to find out the deaths of now only Princess Aurora(I'm sure Malicifant would be heartbroken) and the Big Bad Wolf. He then makes his way towards the Haunted Mansion.

"More anagrams, bleh," Rafiki groans. Rafiki, using the marvelous monkey brain he was born with, figures out that #1 is "Big Thunder Railroad." Rafiki pats himself on the back for a job well done, and rewards himself with another mango.

Timon listens to the others begin to solve its puzzle, his head spinning as he tries to mentally put them all in place. he was beginning to hate these puzzles, more so because he was getting exhausted.

"We should head to bed soon, I think half of us are ready to pass out and we have a big trip ahead of us tomorrow."

*Chessie appears at the newly discovered crime scene just as Scar is reading both notes aloud. The Cat takes the notes after Scar has finished reading them and makes a note of the five new scrambled words.*

Chessie: 'Well, it's obvious we need solve more anagrams, but once we do that what isn't so obvious - or is it? - is where we're meant to go and in which order.'

*Chessie turns his attention to the remaining puzzles that need to be solved.*

Still trying to figure out the clues, the only one left is clue number 2. " Could it be Disneyland railroad?"

Back