• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Lets See your MARQUEE Creations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets See your MARQUEE Creations!
I don't know if you guys know this about me but I am a HUGE Ghibli lover... Aquata your marquee inspired me...
fV93qlP.jpg

ECRQ3z2.jpg

6xjEsWI.jpg

57hVGUu.jpg

More on the way...

I ... love ... all those! *_* Amazing Jenna... Can you do a Spirited Away one?! :D Howl's was such a good movie.

Yep! I am working on all of the Ghibli films as we speak... ^.^

Come on, Nausicaa, best movie EVER... Don't leave me waiting! :) :)

I tried to make one, had Nausicaa on her glider at the top of the marquee and Teto sitting at the bottom, but I couldn't find a good background, so never finished it... :p

They actually played Nausicaa at the Cap too, and didn't make a marquee... I was SOOO bummed about that (I think they said that either Ghibli wouldn't approve it, or they didn't have time to get their approval... Something like that). We got Arrietty at least, even if it isn't very exciting...

Come on, Nausicaa, best movie EVER... Don't leave me waiting! :) :)

I tried to make one, had Nausicaa on her glider at the top of the marquee and Teto sitting at the bottom, but I couldn't find a good background, so never finished it... :p

They actually played Nausicaa at the Cap too, and didn't make a marquee... I was SOOO bummed about that (I think they said that either Ghibli wouldn't approve it, or they didn't have time to get their approval... Something like that). We got Arrietty at least, even if it isn't very exciting...

Hahaha!! I am making that one as we speak.... just for you! I almost forgot this one... xD

REALLY? Wow... I would love to see it (or any other Ghibli in theaters- I got to see Arrietty at least..)

That is sad they didn't approve it... there are actually ghibli pins made- but they are not made by disney... I really want to buy some of them but they are pretty expensive!

BTW nWoJeffDW, that is an AMAZING marquee!! and you said it is your first attempt... I call malarkey.

It really was my first try. I finally figured out how to work layers in photoshop and create transparent backgrounds. I'll try a few more over the next few days.

It really was my first try. I finally figured out how to work layers in photoshop and create transparent backgrounds. I'll try a few more over the next few days.

You are a fast learner! Can't wait to see what else you make.

GUTBmbq.jpg

And the last one... I think?! Lemme know if I missed any movies... I know there is a new one that has not been released in the US yet.... but I couldn't find any good images for it.

Hahaha!! I am making that one as we speak.... just for you! I almost forgot this one... xD

REALLY? Wow... I would love to see it (or any other Ghibli in theaters- I got to see Arrietty at least..)

That is sad they didn't approve it... there are actually ghibli pins made- but they are not made by disney... I really want to buy some of them but they are pretty expensive!

They just finished a Ghibli retrospective at the Egyptian theater about 2 weeks ago (the Egyptian is about 3 or 4 blocks from the Cap, so it's really close). I think they played most of his films during that run... I think Cat Returns and Earthsea where the only ones they didn't play (never seen Cat Returns at a theater... There's a couple of version of statues of the Baron from Whisper out there, always wanted one of those...) Love the marquee for Cat Returns, I can see them making one exactly like that.

Is the Arrietty marquee the only Ghibli pin Disney has made? I think Disney just has theatrical/video rights in the US, they have to seek approval for any merchandise they want to make, so that makes it more difficult probably...

Thanks for the Nausicaa! You used the exact image of her that I had, in basically the same place... I just put her pet Teto in the lower corner holding out a paw to the last A of Nausicaa. :)

Did they play it at DSF? I know DTD was playing it I had no idea DSF was

They had a big red-carpet US premiere there that Miyazaki himself showed up for... I know that much, and I assume it played there for a week... Honestly can't remember for sure. But I think that theater plays everything Disney releases (since that all the play), unless there was a big Disney title out at the same time, that might have bumped it... (I think it was just G-Force though.)

Keep creating!

I am enjoying all the creations. The best thing about this thread is it will make DSF make their Marquees different and better than these inspired Marquees as they can not copy or use the ones here as their base. Keep them coming. I would like to see inspired created Marquees for the next 7 upcoming Marquees to be released at DSF.

Frozen is an upcoming American 3D animated musical fantasy-comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. The film is currently scheduled to be released on November 27, 2013.

Monsters University is an upcoming American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. The film is currently scheduled to be released on June 21, 2013.

Planes is an upcoming spin-off of the 2006 animated film Cars and the 2011 animated sequel Cars 2, and the first film in the Planes trilogy. It was set to be released by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on DVD and Blu-ray in Fall 2013, but it will instead have a theatrical release by Walt Disney Pictures on August 9, 2013. It will be the first DisneyToon Studios film released theatrically since Pooh's Heffalump Movie eight and a half years earlier in 2005.

Iron Man 3 is an upcoming American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Iron Man, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Iron Man 3 is scheduled to be released on May 3, 2013, and the film will be converted to 3D in post-production.

The Lone Ranger is an upcoming 2013 American action western film directed by Gore Verbinski and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures, based on the American Old West character serials of the same name. The film stars Armie Hammer in the title role and Johnny Depp as Tonto.

Saving Mr. Banks is an upcoming biographical drama film about the production of the popular 1964 Walt Disney Studios film Mary Poppins. The film will star Tom Hanks as filmmaker Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as author P.L. Travers. Directed by John Lee Hancock from a screenplay by Kelly Marcel, filming started on September 19, 2012. Walt Disney Pictures will release the film on December 20, 2013.

Thor: The Dark World (also known as Thor 2) is an upcoming American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Thor, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Thor: The Dark World is scheduled to be released on November 8, 2013.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back