• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
Kaa waits as the little chipmunk approaches and seems to be entranced by the machines, the lites and buttons have him tranzfixed, and for a moment Kaa contemplates the stupor with a tad of professional jealousy, it took him years to perfect his hypnotizm, these devices seem to do it naturally.
With the techs returning and telling him it may take hours longer, Kaa once more walks into the park, using his natural talent to find trouble, he decides to wander back into Adventureland. He slides down the alley once more over the bridge and into the land proper,
"NOw where did the attacker come from?" he mused, staring about himself and viewing the surroundings.

While a using the carpets to kill may have been gruesome, it also can not have been practical. One would have to either have placed the body<already deceased> in that position prior to the carpet crushing her, or she would have had to been crushed while she was alive: an end one would not come to without a major fight. And with a major commotion being caused.

Kaa texted Louie, who did not seem to be around.
/CL I am safe in assuming that the security tapes for the approx time of the murder show no unusual activity in the area?
Please inform if any details either sound or video are detected by the top notch in house D security. /

He didnt really expect that security would be able to produce any kind of viable evidence, but each and every rock must be uncovered to ensure complete coverage of the facts, so he asked!

Feathers of birds , feathers from birds, once more he slithered on, moving eventually into the Tiki room again, he pauses on a bench, revelling quietly at the cool dark room that has shown millions"Not to mess with Polynesia" and looks up at the ceiling, knowing just beyond the tiles, lies the myriad of feathered friends. The words of the attractions old theme song once again invaded his head, and despite himself, he found his tail tip tapping out the rhythms, and himself singing soft and low
"Where the birdsss sssing wordsss and the flowersss bloom"

Quietly to himself Kaa looked skyward and asked,
"Sssaint Micheal, Sssaint Fritz, Sssaint Peirre, and Sssaint Jossse if your ssstill up thier sssomewhere, We sssure could ussse sssome help?"

If the bird saints were listening or not Kaa could not say, But suddenly he felt the urge to continue to investigate the area.
The great python again slitherd out into the night, his tail still lightly bobbing to the beat of a song now venerated by imitiations untold, and a low hum issuing from his lips,a hum that he would surely have claimed were his chronic sinsus problems should anyone ask about the noise he was making.
Wait and stalk, it worked for countless of generations of countless species back in his home the jungle, it would still work here,
as long as he can stay focused on the case, not get distracted by the past.
That was not as easy as he had hoped.

*As detectives continue to search the area for anymore clues, there seems to be nothing to lead them any closer to finding Kiara. Chief has called in the cleanup crew and gathers everyone around.*

CHIEF: "I'm sorry to say that this has lead us nowhere except to more confusion. My crew will take care of the cleanup. I suggest since it is getting dark and the park crew will soon be out with the hoses that we go back to the castle. We can get settled, discuss what to do in the morning when the sun rises and get to know each other a bit more."
*With that Louie's crew starts to arrive on the scene. One of them comes over to Louie and whispers something to Louie.*

dancingmonkeys.gif

"Hold on everyone....I may have something...."

*As Chip walks into the King Stefan's court, he is amused at all the lab equipment that is spread throughout the hall, thinking to himself that Gadget. Would probably be green with envy. Dropping off his possible evidence to the technicians, he seems that Kaa has just left the castle.
"I should probably just leave him a voice-mail" as he brings out his cell phone making note that he should probably call should probably call his colleagues" as well. "Kaa, You're probably wondering why I'm calling you. In my time with the Rescue Rangers, I don't believe I've saw anything that would be this gruesome and yet hit this close to home. Princess Jasmine was in one of my classes at Disney University and I don't want to see anyone else get hurt during this investigation. I know that we aren't the most... collaborative of animals but I feel it best in the circumstances to broaden horizons so to speak. You mentioned sharing information in exchange for something later on?"

*Soon after, Chip receives a text message from King Louie. It seems that It may be too late to go out. Heading up the elevator her which will take him up to the Royal Suite, Chip yawns "It's time to turn in for now, I can talk to the others when they get back tonight. Hmm, the rooms should be stocked with food. I can always call room-service, or maybe I should head to the Mousketeeria..."

OOC- 1 I think it's ironic that there was a "friend" of Jasmine in one of my CP classes last year, so since both Jasmine and Chip do meet and greets at MK I thought it appropriate to somewhat relate it. In another ironic, slightly demented, twist Jasmine was sponsored on Monorail Pink's info card before it was permanently decommissioned.

OOC- 2 If I'm doing anything wrong let me know, this is only my first time doing this.

Last edited:
OOC* Just so newbies know....Once evidence is turned in the DFI lab techs will take care of it. I will reveal in the story whatever is found out. BUT DFI is infamous for being slow and sometimes find nothing new. The reasons for this is if I reveal too much too fast then the game is over too quick.

* OOC Thanks for the tip. I've never played before and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing so let me know if I'm out of line. thanks.

Last edited:
*Chessie had been perched on one of the carpets as the gruesome crime scene with Jasmine's body and the blood-soaked feather were revealed by Kaa to Chief King Louie and the other detectives. The Cat chose not to say anything, letting Kaa do most ... really all ... of the talking, preferring to listen for the time being and get an understanding of the group dynamics. As Chief Louie determines that this has led to confusion and nothing more can be done and they should wrap up and head back to the Castle, Chessie finally breaks his silence.*

Chessie (grinning widely): 'But isn't knowing that you're confused better than not knowing you're confused and thinking that you're thinking straight and know exactly what you're doing?'

*With that, Chessie disappears off the carpet attraction and reappears with the detectives, ready to head back to the Castle, per King Louie's suggestion.*

OOC*Everyone is doing fine so no one needs to worry. Even if mistakes are mad I have been doing this a long time now and can correct things easily. One thing OOC means OUT OF CHARACTER so anytime you post something not in character like a general comment--it helps me if it's marked OOC.

TRIVIA coming in about 15 minutes

Dodo sees the look of confusion of the faces of many of the detectives at Chessie's comments, but Dodo understands perfectly what he means. He hops on his transportation and heads toward the Castle. On they way, he notices that there are several footprints in the dirt along the path. They don't look familiar and he stops to examine them. Are they animal or human?? He can't tell so he takes a picture with his trusty camera. Maybe they will come in handy later on. He continues on his way to the Castle.

TRIVIA 1* A version of the Magic Carpet Ride will open in Tokyo Disney SEA this year as part of the 10th anniversary celebration. What is the attractions name and when is the tentative date?

*Chessie glances around at the other detectives, noting the various expressions on their faces. Some of them appear confused, some frustrated, some ... he's not quite sure, but he's not terribly concerned about anything at this point. At a gesture from King Louie, the group starts heading back towards the Castle, leaving the crime scene clean up to the park crew.*

*As the gropu is getting ready to head back to the castle, King louie gets some new info from one of his monkey minions. Turning to the others he explains.*

"I'm sorry it looks like it is going to be a long night afterall. I just recieved word that someone strange was just spotted inside the POTC attraction. We need to go there and check it out before a night's sleep can be had. I have also requested videoa security footage for Adventureland to be sent to my Banana Pad...I mean I pad."

*King Louie leads the group towards POTC with a song in his head... he doesn't realize he is singing outloud.*

SONG set to I wanna be like you.*

NOW JASMINE WAS A PRINCESS THAT CAME FROM AGRABAH
I REALLY HOPE A CLUE IS FOUND AND THE KILLER IS NOT FAR
I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN QUITE AWHILE AND NOW WE ARE HERE AGAIN
I KNOW FOR SURE THAT THIS TIME THIS CASE WILL SURELY END

*the words fade as Louie is still not quite his old musical self.

Mr. Toad climbs down from his perch on the camel and hops into his car on top of the tiki. He races over to PotC and drives through the queue (left side, of course, it's shorter).
Toad stops by the dock and hops in a rowboat sitting nearby.

*Chessie gives King Louie a sideways glance as the Chief abruptly changes the destination from the Castle to POTC and bursts into song.*

Chessie (in a mild, thoughtful tone of voice that may or may not be sincere): 'So we're going to find out if dead men really don't tell tales? Although isn't it somehow ironic that we're going to an attraction crawling with the dead when we're trying to remain among the living?

*Chessie grins wider, not really concerned, moving along with the rest of the detectives to the POTC attraction.*

OOC*KAA has answered correctly....review the conditios of the Trivia yes/ no question that you can ask on the Rules forum and then get back with me.

Tink watches the others mill about and Kaa taking over the scene. she perches atop the ride for a bit to observe and think. then Dodo takes a picture of some foot prints found on a trail. good thinking she thinks to herself. she giggles as some of the newer detectives branch out on thier own and think too much too soon. gathering feathers for comparison this early in the game. Tink knows better and will wait for the killer to leave more clues behind and to get careless. when Louie gets word from the crew about the potc ride problems she knows they are off again and slowly gets up stretches out and flies off for the attraction.

Mr Toad stops his rowboat by the Auction scene.
Hmmm... the only place in the MK where you can see realistic animatronic chickens.
Maybe the redhead knows something....

ooc*: living with the land is the only place at Epcot with animatronic chickens

Last edited:
Kaa smirks to himself again, so the night is not quite over yet is it? Pirates eh, "Letsss sssee whosss ssshivirin whosss timbersss thisss evening.?" Being outside the tiki area still Kaa races to the Potc attraction but not to the que,

Instead he heads to the gift shop area, and down the escalator to the unloading ramp. Whomever is inside the ride will have to come out, If they head out the entrance they will encounter the group of detectives led by CL, if they remain hidden inside the ride they will be found by the investigators once all the lights are turned on and the soundtrack deactivated.
However if they try to come out of the ride, they may find that Davy Jones locker held none of the terrors that a certain python could inflict.......
A casual member of CL team peered down the ramp, the escalator having been stopped at the announcement of an intruder. He saw nothing in the semi lit room, the water flowed by, the occasional empty boat drifted through, and if he looked very very closely he may have seen a pair of glowing , swirling in circles, bicolor eyes..

Aurora after hearing the news from Kaa is absolutely stunned and bursts into tears. "How could anyone kill an innocent Princess?" She does not want to see the crime scene and asks to be excused from looking at it. Aurora tells King Louie she will meet him and the others at the Castle. She must call all of the Princesses and notify Aladdin and the rest of Agrabah.

With that she sets off still crying and trying to figure out how she will break the news.

****LATER****

Aurora is sitting in a garden with the Princesses when she recieves the text from Louie telling her about mtg at POTC.
She stands up and tells the other Princesses that she has to go and vows to bring this killer to justice!!!

Basil arrives at teh PotC attraction and proceeds through the queue area and stops at the loading dock. He puts away his pipe and decides to pull out the flashlight and shines it around the darker corners in search of clues while waiting for the others to arrive.

Deciding on the Mouseketeeria down in the Utilidor, Chip is heading down the elevator when he gets a text message from King Louis. "POTC, that's on the West Side." As he exits the elevator he spots a crate full of merchandise, one with RC racers. "I'm sure that the cost will be covered later" as he rips open the box along with batteries and takes off.

Having arrived at his end of the west side, Chip heads upstairs, where he spots an open door, outside. "I must be behind Splash Mountain" as he eyes a dry-docked log flume. Up-ahead is the production center, the parade floats parked for the evening. Normally full of light and life, they now appear ominous in the darkened shadows. As Chip scampers across the pavement, he reaches the POTC set building. A side door lies suspiciously open, quite unsettling considering the building.

As Chip enters, he finds that he is on set and sees a pirate skeleton steering a stationary wheel. " Hmm I'll have to wait for a craft to go by. But the earlier clues struck me odd. Are there parrots found here that I may have missed? I should investigate the sets."

Last edited:
*Arriving at the loading area for POTC Chief Louie is getting ready to board when the signal from his Ipad indicates an incoming email. He opens up the mail and then is startled by what he sees.*

"Wait a minute. Has anyone seen Kaa. He has some explaining to do." *Louie turns the screen so that those nearby can see.* " This was taken earlier in the day here in the park."

thumbnailCACGZWLS.jpg

thumbnailCAU9QQSQ.jpg

*With that Chief Louie's boat jolts forward sending him into the attraction in search of suspicious characters.

OOC* DO NOT START suspecting KAA. Remember detectives cannot be the killer. I just found these pics and had to include them in the story.--lol

Aurora arrives at the entrance of POTC and heads inside. She finds King Louie just as he shows the email he just recieved. A distraught Aurora is now very angry. She tells King Louie she is going to find the slithering serpent and question him!!! "He has a lot of explaining to do." Aurora sets off to look for Kaa.

After seeing the images from Louie's Ipad, Basil jumps into the next boat and follows Louie into the attraction.

BasilConcentrating.jpg

He thinks to himself, "I don't fully trust Kaa, but I seriously doubt he would resort to killing an innocent princess. There is definitely something fishy about these images. We need to find more clues as to the killer's identity, or I'm afraid we'll be investigating yet another murder scene."

Last edited:
Back