• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Pin Collection as of 11/04/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Pin Collection as of 11/04/12

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
So yesterday I went a little OCD arranging my pins. I thought I'd share a few pics.

First, here is my Peter Pan collection...

pp.jpg

It's still rather small but it's grown quite a bit since the last time I posted. I now have four of the five Lost Boys pins, which were my original grails! (If anyone has a pin #9856 to trade, please let me know!)

In case you're wondering, the image in the center of this frame is a trading card that teddy_ruxpin sent me as part of my last PIF. So cute!

A very special thank you to teddy_ruxpin, averysfairytale, Vixy, docfish2u, tinkerbellfan17,
and everyone else who played a part in helping me put this collection together.
:hug:

Second on the list... My "Classic Animals" collection...

animals.jpg

Awww! Can you tell Figaro's my favorite? =^. .^=

I'm pretty proud of these pins, even the ones that aren't that impressive - "Classic animals" was the first theme I started collecting, so this is my largest collection by far. There are pins on this board I never thought I'd get, especially with my very limited budget, but somehow, I managed.

If I had to choose my two favorite animal pins (there's no way I could choose just one!), they would be the Thumper in the top left corner, which is a Paris pin; and the Figaro in the bottom right corner (standing up on his hind feet) which is from Tokyo.

And I'm still blown away by the Memorable Moment pin with Figaro kissing Cleo in the fish bowl (#4303), which caligirlUCR traded me at the last PTN. (This is one of those pins I never thought I'd acquire.)

Thank you, thank you
so much, caligirlUCR!

And another special thank you to Marcia (DumboLover21), who zapped me with the Figaro film reel pin that is in the center of it all, and to David (Docfish2u - again!), who traded me most of the Paris pins from the "Dogs & Cats" line on this board ! :)

And thank you to anyone else I'm forgetting! (I'm sure a ton of you have helped with this collection. Please forgive my horrible memory. I really appreciate everything everyone did!)

Next up... The HM/HP/HG Hodgepodge. :)

hmetc.jpg

My final frame is a hodgepodge of Disney and non-Disney pins... It contains my very small Haunted Mansion collection (along with my Tower of Terror hotel key), my Harry Potter Hogwarts house crests (Yes, I am a total HP nerd), and my Hunger Games "Mockingjay" pin. It also contains a couple Mickey icons and Halloween pins, and a Tinker Bell birthstone pin for May (my birth month).

(Sorry - the pins don't look too good here. I had trouble getting the proper lighting when I was taking the picture.)

A special thank you to Alexa Disney, who sold me that last pin (and many more great traders over the past few months), and for anyone else who sold me (or traded me) pins on this page! I know someone sold me the Daisy stretch portrait for a really great price a few months ago, but I can't remember who that was - I'm sorry.

Now, here is a picture of my pin collection hanging over my desk...

desktop.jpg

Ooooh. Awwww. ;)

And lastly, here's a few more of my "keepers" that aren't in frames (yet!)...

cd.jpg

My Chip & Dale pins.

This group includes my first pins ever (Chip & Dale sharing a secret in the bottom left corner), which was a beloved birthday gift from my best friend and her boyfriend. It also includes a fake Gadget pin that I bought on eBay before I knew better. (She's a scrapper, but I love her anyway, so please leave her alone!)

I can't remember everyone who sold or traded these pins to me, but I do remember Marcia (dumbolover12) sent me the "Chip & Dale as Lost Boys" pin, and that adorable dancing Chip was a very recent zap from breagirl. Thank you guys!

misc.jpg

My Miscellaneous Pins
including:

• My very small Sword in the Stone collection.
  • My even smaller Robin Hood collection.
  • An Alice pin I've had since I was a teenager.
  • A few very random pins I just really like the look of.
  • A "Boo" scrapper I traded for at the park that I just think is too cute to get rid of. :)

Okay, thats it!

I just want to finish up by saying thank you again, to everyone -

• [*=left]those who have traded or sold me pins
    [*=left]those who have taken the time to give me advice on pins and trading and life in general. :)
    [*=left]those fabulous few who have zapped me, or who have zapped anyone else, just because. :bigthumb:

and to all honest pin traders, everywhere, who make this hobby an enjoyable one.

Last edited:
Wow very cool collections. I love how you displayed them. I never thought much about chip and dale, but yours are wonderful. I have a new love for chip and dale. Thank you for sharing. Love your Figaros. And I'll admit it I like the gadget one too, very cute.

Such a nice collection. I'm especially fond of your classic animals, such a sweet collection. I love how you have them displayed.

I love all your pins! That peter pan is so nice with the Hidden Mickey circles on the top!

Lovely collection, I love the presentation of your Peter Pan frame. I too love Figaro and have a petite collection of him. Thanks of sharing your pins. Hope you can complete many more frames :)

Awesome collection! Its cool to have seen it grow since last time, I look forward to more updates. I love the HP pins :D

Thanks, guys!

@mixedwolf - That is really great to hear about Chip and Dale. They deserve more fans! I've loved them ever since I was a kid watching the Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers show in the 80s - early 90s. I even sent them a fan letter (I was like, 7), and they sent me an autographed photograph in return! I have it, framed, in my room. :) P.S. I think Gadget was like, my first ever "girl crush."

@leopardpolkadotspots - Thanks, but I'm hoping I don't fill up too many more frames, LOL! I know a lot of people on this forum have hundreds-thousands of pins in their collection, but I'd really like to limit myself to 100 keepers, if possible. This is a great hobby, but I don't want to overdo it. ;)

Last edited:
@Marcia - Wow, thank you so much! I never would have believed you'd ever be jealous of my pins!

You are one of the first seasoned traders I met and befriended on this forum, and a few of the nicest pins I have came directly from you! Also, you my dear, have one of the most beautiful collections around. (Even though Dumbo's not really my thing - I just had to "wow!" when I saw all the pictures you posted back on this thread.)

Wow, such a beautiful collection and so wonderfully displayed, especially love how the Peter Pan pins are displayed, though some of the 'classic animal' pins are just adorable!

Cool collections! Love Peter Pan and I'm guessing you're going to have to expand if you get any more Figaro pins! We all need more Figaro pins!

I really love the classic animals, and by the way, when are you going to give me all your Figaro pins?? They are too cute!!!

Amazing collections :) I love it

-Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back