• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Tokyo Disney Pins ***UPDATED***

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Tokyo Disney Pins ***UPDATED***
I am way behind in updating this thread so bear with me and I'll try to get all the ones I know of that aren't on pinpics yet posted here over the next few days

TDR Halloween 1000y
50f3209931357f128e6c32624c7bc9fb.jpg

TDS Halloween 1000y each
e32f206dd3a1c408119c0e851202015b.jpg

I absolutely love these pins!! Especially the bottom two. They are high on my wants list! :lol:

That Summer Voyage pin is so cute! And the ones of M&M wearing 20's-style clothes. Anyone trading?I agree, way too many Mickey pins in HKDL, not many of the princesses etc at all

Christmas Ambassador Dining Pins
712_sub_image_1.jpg

708_sub_image_1.jpg

716_sub_image_1.jpg

704_sub_image_1.jpg

Christmas Wishes Pin 1000 yen
1000img_1_5067.jpg

Christmas Pin 1200 yen
1200img_1_4898.jpg

Year of the Lamb 2015 Pin 1000 yen
img_1_5366.jpg

No Wreck-It Ralph at all in Japan or Hong Kong??

That's odd, isn't it? I would think WIR would be really popular, especially in Japan. I also don't think I've seen any Tangled or Frozen pins from those parks. Seems like it's mostly Mickey and Minnie pins.

That's odd, isn't it? I would think WIR would be really popular, especially in Japan. I also don't think I've seen any Tangled or Frozen pins from those parks. Seems like it's mostly Mickey and Minnie pins.
I've bought a few sets of game pins from a Japanese seller , he says he gets asked for Mickey & Minnie more than anything else from local buyers . They don't really focus on pins though (even the game pins are the consolation prize) . I have seen plenty of Stitch & Angel too but hardly any Pluto or Goofy , I guess they make what sells .

I've bought a few sets of game pins from a Japanese seller , he says he gets asked for Mickey & Minnie more than anything else from local buyers . They don't really focus on pins though (even the game pins are the consolation prize) . I have seen plenty of Stitch & Angel too but hardly any Pluto or Goofy , I guess they make what sells .

It kind of makes sense I guess. Mickey and Minnie are the big Disney icons and probably what the general public wants the most. I mean I know a lot of people here in the US who can only think of a handful of characters when you mention "anime" to them. Unless you're a real big fan or someone who likes to dig deeper into things, you probably only care about what's very well known and easier to relate to with others who know of it?

I do have a Japanese WIR poster though!

:D

Japan mainly sticks to Mickey & Minnie and Stitch as he is super popular there except that it is pronounced Stitchy in Japan. As far as Frozen I expect there will be at least one pin with the new Frozen event that begins in January as they always have an pin for each event that is held throughout the year. I haven't seen any WIR pins and they have done just a few tangled ones

I totally want the Christmas game Donald and the icing cookies Mickey & Minnie! I don't particularly collect Mickey & Minnie, but what I like about the Japanese pins is how often the characters are dressed in elaborate costumes. Also, the pins tend to be very detailed and substantial. One thing about Tokyo Disneyland is that (I believe) it's seen as something of a date spot, so I figure that's why you see so many "couples" pins with Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, etc. It's more about commemorating your trip or an event than collecting different characters.

I totally want the Christmas game Donald and the icing cookies Mickey & Minnie! I don't particularly collect Mickey & Minnie, but what I like about the Japanese pins is how often the characters are dressed in elaborate costumes. Also, the pins tend to be very detailed and substantial. One thing about Tokyo Disneyland is that (I believe) it's seen as something of a date spot, so I figure that's why you see so many "couples" pins with Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, etc. It's more about commemorating your trip or an event than collecting different characters.

You are correct these represent the costumes the characters are wearing for this year's Christmas event. Next year it will be all new. Unlike the US parks they don't repeat merchandise/costume designs from year to year it's all new designs and merchandise every year. All the merchandise this year is centered around 3 themes one for Tokyo DisneySea, one for Tokyo Disneyland and the Icing one for both parks. Here's a link for the adorable icing merchandise: http://dlove.jp/mezzomiki/2014/11/02/post-27657/

Oh man! I want that Fantasy pin, I have yet to get one with Elsa and Anna together except for the Winter Dreams but this is way cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back